01/28/2007 What Most Amazes You?

LPCullen

As you have begun to do miniatures, whether building houses or accessories or furniture, or whatever, what has most amazed you that you can personally do? Please pick ONE thing, and ONE THING only!

What has most amazed me is that I have been able to help people--whether it's wallpaper, brick tutorials, or painting techniques. I never knew that I would be able to do those things, and to teach other people what I have learned has really just blown me away! I remember, on the old forum, the first time I was able to answer a question and I had to excitedly email Tracy! Poor Tracy, she's had to put up with a lot from me, LOL!

Anyhow, what's yours?

What a great question, Linda. I really had to think about that one because there are so many many things. But I would have to say, it always amazes me when I'm asked to make something for someone. Just to have others who share the same hobby liking the things you make and actually wanting one for their own dollhouses, well, to me, there's no greater high than that.

Learning to use my tools. It has made it so I dont have to rely on my brother to do something for me. And I think it has given me confidence. Like learning to rip wood. unless it is a real thin width I can do it myself :) still too chicken to do the real thin widths lol

Bec

What amazes me is when I make stuff and send to friends in swaps and such, they tell me how great and wonderful it is...what a great miniaturist I am, etc...and to me, I can find about ten things wrong with it!!

What amzes me is the great friends I have made by getting into this hobby!!

What amazes me is how much I spend on supplies!!

What amazes me is when I make stuff and send to friends in swaps and such, they tell me how great and wonderful it is...what a great miniaturist I am, etc...and to me, I can find about ten things wrong with it!!

What amzes me is the great friends I have made by getting into this hobby!!

What amazes me is how much I spend on supplies!!

Had a little problem with that "one thing only" there didn't you, LOL! As I was typing that question, it was interesting, because I could think of 10 things that "most amazed" me!

dont know about posting more then once but I will lol.

I am amazed that even though I dont have people where I live to share my minis with no groups or anything. I have found great online friends through this. When I started it was like I was the only person that did it lol.

Bec

what has most amazed you that you can personally do?

Create something in mini that looks like something "real"! The first time I showed pictures of my Cambridge I got "Wait a minute, is this a REAL house?"

Now you have no idea what a blast of the "warm fuzzies" it is when someone asks me to make them something!

I'm amazed that what I do is newsworthy, when the local paper found out about my hobby they wanted to do a two page spread and it took off from there, now an online magazine and Down East magazine are doing articles on my hobby. I constantly get phone calls telling me of their houses and also people wanting to sell houses to me. Yikes :blink:

It still amazes me that I was able to build the Garfield as my first dollhouse! When I think back to when I picked it out I had no idea how big of a project it would be and of where it would lead me...into the amazing world of miniatures!

I am amazed at how much I have learned from this addiction I have. I look at the real world differently now, I notice details on buildings, different architeture styles, and finishes,and try to figure how I can convert it into miniature. I've learned that I can make something that other people like and want to buy.

But most of all I've learned that there is alot to learn about miniatures.

I'm MOST amazed that I've found other people (this forum) who are as obsessed and addicted with miniatures as I am. Being able to plug in here each day and chat about miniature creations and dreams of future mini projects is like a dream come true. Sometimes I'm scared that I'm going to wake up and find myself back to sitting by myself building and arranging my mini scenes.

-Susanne

The one thing that amazes me is that I was able to build and create something so small and I never dreamed I could put anything together let alone a miniature dollhouse....and everyone on here is amazing with all their help and advice....makes one feel at ease

One thing? That's a tough one coz I love everything about the amazing world of minis and this amazing group of people. But if I had to pick one thing that really made me sit back and go "whoa", it would be the part of myself that I discovered when I began making minis. I've always acknowledged my creative needs, but when I started building minis, I found a part of my personality that I really *like*. I think it comes down to the fact that the pure joy of building and making minis provides me with a level of happiness and joy I've never found in any other creative outlet. That's an amazing feeling.

Deb

What amazes me the most is how far I have come and how much I know about minis since I first rescued my Grandaughters house from the trash.The Newberg,haunted house,log cabin,and my current build the Garfield. WOW I AM AMAZED. ;)