01/28/2007 What Most Amazes You?

LPCullen

What amazes me the most about minis.... Hmmm, having read the postings in this I can only sit there and go mmm, yup, true and definitley, and thinking of something else apart form the previously mentioned is a bit hard LOL, but something that always amazes me is the look on peoples face (that mini-mugglers LOL) when actually taking the whole scene in, a deep breath and then a sort of long exhale while going "ohhh, so this is what you are doing...." the surprise and joy when they receive a mini scene, perhaps unexpected as a gift or the commissioned piece and it sort of makes them speechless yet they eyes tells millions of feelings. That is a amazing moment...

And it was a really good question to sort of having to think about the whole thing and yet pinpoint one of the best experiences in the mini-mania :wave:

Hugs

Linda -

I meant it in a good way. It's a great question.

-Susanne

Well, I'll tell you. I was on the forum, looking around at stuff, peoples galleries, the blogs, and thinking about just how amazing it all is. Then that made me think about some of the things that I have done, miniature wise. I never thought I had it in me to do what I have done (learning to wallpaper, bricks, stonework, building, whatever) and how much it has meant to me to learn to do this and to share it with all of you. But the thought that something that I do or have done has been helpful for someone else, when I started thinking about it, just blew me away. I'm not sure if I'm making sense, LOL! But, that's how I came up with the topic.

What amazes me the most is the kindness, and willingness to help shown on this forum. When I first posted I asked all kinds of questions, which were answered. Eventually, when I had a good connection one night, I found that many of you had already answered my questions in other forums, but you repeated them for me. I am so impressed by the friendliness shown by everyone. I am also amazed by the awesome things you make.

Shirley

I'm amazed that I can actually take what I see in my head and put it into a house. Either by just seeing the dh or a piece of furniture and I have learned to design and decorate in my head :welcome: . And when I run into a part that I'm not sure how to tackle but just had to be there all of you are here to help. :D

This is a great question Linda and so many answers, it was hard to pick just one. :D

I remember, on the old forum, the first time I was able to answer a question and I had to excitedly email Tracy! Poor Tracy, she's had to put up with a lot from me, LOL!

Linda, we have all grown a lot since the old forum :) . That is one thing that is so amzing about this hobby. We never cease to grow as long as we are willing to learn more. I have heard people say they are an expert in this or that in miniature and I tell you, I learn something new with EVERY new house I build. I always find ideas that are new to me and I hope I continue to grow like that ;) It's a Good thing :wub:

I feel the same way Linda! I am not overly self confident in real life either :wub: though I must say you all have helped me a lot because I think we all build up each others confidence with every nice word and comment we give to each other. Those words are like words of endearment that make us all want to keep trying. I am an expert failure, and sometimes (just sometimes) I get it right because of the encouragement I receive from all of you :)

Awww. Don't worry about it Tracy! They told me when I was growing up that I needed to excel in something, so I picked forgetting and screwing up, and believe me, I EXCEL in those!

Awww. Don't worry about it Tracy! They told me when I was growing up that I needed to excel in something, so I picked forgetting and screwing up, and believe me, I EXCEL in those!

We've got to belong to the same family--those are my best traits also :)

What amazes me is that I actually FINISH a project to the point that it can be given away. Can't tell you how many other craft projects are collecting dust in various corners of this house!

I think it's because each house present new challenges, so it never gets boring.

I have heard people say they are an expert in this or that in miniature

The only thing I'm really good at is making mistakes to learn from rofl_yello.gif I'm still a rank newbie every time I begin a new kit or try a new technique.

I wish to mend my earlier amazement post. What amazes me the very most is the infinite joy I derive from accomplishing something new, whatever it is. And this community reinforces the amazing love & support most miniaturists have.

it amazes me in how miniatures changed my whole life.

talk about empty nest...my kids ran somewhere everyday....each one having their own activities and mine was driving...my whole life was the kids and than one day

no kids....no life...but than I found miniatures and now I have a life and its mine.about me and the miniatures I make. maybe they are not musuem quality but they make us smile. and I love to build!

it amazes me that I can be so crafty...because of miniatures!

good topic Linda but I dont think Ill limit myself...ss

I am amazed by every project I have seen...I find it amazing how peoples imaginations take the same project and make it their own. the same but uniquely thier own.

I am amzed by those who think outside the box and leave us sitting here going

OMGOSH WOW .

I am amazed at the caring and generosity of sharing your knowledge as a group and as individuals!

I am amazed that I find myself done.

nutti B)