Heart Arbor Contest 2007

Hope you will find your inspiration Greg, looking forward seeing what you do with this absolute treasure!

I have been keeping myself busy in the craftroom as the weather is so definitley not showing signs of spring here right now and had taken out the piece of ply I had intended to use as my base when I discovered it was wayyyy to small for my intended scene, now how did that happen I wonder??? Schucks! Now I will have to see if I have some mroe scrap pieces of ply around or if I used it all, <muttermumblegrumble> which is a bummer as I had most of the other stuff and needed to make the base in several sessions and allow to dry between... Oh well more time for pet items I suppose but not what I had in mind... >sigh>

Hugs

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well we have a big storm warning that is effective at 6pm this evening. said to be getting up to 4 inches of rain.. bleh.. but the good news is that hopefully after work tomorrow since i will be trapped in doors i can finish up my arbor ______ :flowers: I just need to stop by michaels this evening and pick up some ______. and I'll be good to go!

...i can finish up my arbor ______ :flowers: I just need to stop by michaels this evening and pick up some ______. and I'll be good to go!

Jenny, you tease!!! LOL Hopefully the weather won't be that bad for you, just "bad" as not to venture out into it, right?!? :)

Greg, I know the feeling, that is about the same as for us then, last year it took ages as it was so cold and frozen up til late April I think...

When I went to the flwer shop last week they had the most adorable potted small blue grape hyacinth (hmmm, had to look that one up...) which just is the picture of spring somehow. We can't have it indoors due to our alergies or I would have brought a pot of it home with me and palced on the kitchen table, I love those dainty little flowers!!!

Hugs

Jenny, you tease!!! LOL Hopefully the weather won't be that bad for you, just "bad" as not to venture out into it, right?!?

I swear i just cant help myself !! :flowers: i just love teasing... :)

Well I got to do some work on my arbor last night while Izzy was being a sickie little blob still. I made some _______ and boy oh boy did they work out well!!! I am so proud of ME!!! LOL

Now I am looking forward to nap time....Izzy is getting better I am sure, she is getting cranky today as opposed to nearly unconscious.....and during nap time I am going to attempt to make a ___________. Hope it works out :flowers:

Greg...start some seedlings...that makes me feel better...I stared some daylily seeds as they can take a month or so to germinate, and am going to look through my stash to see what else needs a very early start. NOthing like the first specks of green in a seed flat :)

Hey I've been busy all day today working on my arbor __________ and ____________. ( thought I'd get on the teasing ban wagon) :) I'm just about done with it just waiting for _________ to arrive then will have to do a bit more. I still have to set the "scene" with the _________! Everytime I look at it I think of something else to add :cocktail::flowers: This is so much fun can't wait to see what everybody has created!

My arbor project was waiting on one last item that I'd ordered. It was the piece that actually made me decide what I wanted to do with the arbor. It's here ... it came in the mail today, and it's perfect. It's the piece that'll bring everything together. I'm so happy....Missymew (and Thelma the Travelling Bear) are sitting beside me while I type. They both know what I'm working on but they're remaining tight-lipped.

-Susanne

Darn. Still waiting for a crucial item I ordered to get here. Note to self: don't order from somewhere you've never ordered from before if you need the item for a project with a time limit. :p

Maybe I'll have to break out the 2nd arbor I have here and do another scene I had in mind. Just in case. ;)

Hi, all!

I've been nose deep in school work, but I finally got the inspiration for my arbor I had been waiting for. I had assembled it the day I got it and it has just been sitting on my desk ever since. But, I know what it's going to be in now - and it's not an arbor, afterall!

Think black! :p This is so much fun. I can't wait to see what everyone else has come up with.

Now, time to get back to writing a paper about Schizophrenia. Did you know if you are going to become schizophrenic, it will happen before you are 35? Just two more years and I'll be in the clear! Whew, one less thing to worry about, right? ;)

im still waiting for my missing piece to complete my "entry" I did get a order confirmation email saying it shipped. i plan on working on my entry alot this weekend. March 20th will be here before we know it!!

Phew Karen, I am safe..But that doesnt explain alot of things about me...ROFL

Greg, go to the store and buy some Daffs. I got some at the grocery store today for $1.50 a bunch. Then put them in a nice vase and sit it right next to your work area.

Oh, I hope the flowers put a spring in your step, Greg!

I'm planning to spend a lot of the weekend working on my Arbor. I've been stealing parcels of time here and there, and it is starting to come together - still barely out of the starting gate, though. It is loads of fun, and having a project like this to focus on is the best Beat-the-Blahs medicine. Thankyou Dean, and Tracy, and everyone at Greenleaf - you take such good care of us!

Greg, go buy some flowers. That is what I do when I get the winter blues that or go away some place warm. We just planned our "honeymoon" for early April. After our wedding we went away for a few days to Plymouth, but figured we would go someplace warm when it wasn't so warm here. Now I can't wait for March to come and go.

I just submitted my pictures for my arbor. I had a great time doing this project and can't wait to see everyone's. I got my HBS order on Thursday and finished everything up. Good luck everyone!!

Now, time to get back to writing a paper about Schizophrenia.
You brought back memories! When I was taking A&P prep to entering nursing school we had to write a paper and I wrote mine on neurotransmitter deficits as causative factors in brain disorders ("mental illness") (my DS#3 has been severely bipolar all his life, with psychotic episodes in his manic phases so that he was at one point mis-diagnosed "schiz").

well i didnt get to my arbor entry today... instead i gave lots of hours of attention to my emerson row :sigh: BUT i plan on going to michaels in the morning to get the last stuff i need to finish!!