Heart Arbor Contest 2007

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Cool!!! Cant wait to see everyones hard work! it'll be eye candy gallore!!! :birthday:

Yikes!!! Six Months already! Wow time flies when it's other peoples kids :wish:

LOL... I feel like its flying fast (WAY too fast) with them right here.. but oh my goodness it certianly does fly faster seeing everyone else's little ones growup.

When is the deadline for the contest?? I am still waiting for my kit to arrive, and may end up just making it if I run out of time and not enter it, not sure if I can enter anyway.

We are still fixing the house and sleeping on mattresses on the floor. So far we still have to tile the kitchen, paint the entire inside of the house and have the fire damage in the kitchen repaired. The Owner of the house had new carpet installed 2 days ago. I wish he would have waited untill the repairs and painting were done and got a collor other then a light tan( which will be hard to keep clean in the rainy season.) The new carpet is nce and the tile we repalced has been laid in the craft/laundry room. Hopefully the washer and dryer can come back in. Then umm the mini craft table LOL. It will give me something to do instead of scraping 2 layers of old linoleum off the kitchen floor.

Melissa

Hi There Melissa! This is from the original post.

:birthday:

Can't wait to see everyones!

Submit your picture to thewinner@greenleafdollhouses.com by March 15th with the words in the subject line "Don't break my heart". You can include a short description of your project.

I know I said I have finished but my old obsessive nature is creepy in.

I think it isnt good enough the way it is. I guess I may end up doing some more work to it today. Just to satisfy myself..

So dont worry if you dont have an idea..worry about having an idea and then second guessing yourself.

The 2nd half of my arbor kit arrived today.

I punched out all the pieces and sanded. Pieces came out very smooth - hardly any splintering at all. I think that the kit cooperated because I showed it my plans and accessories. We talked while I sanded (I used very fine sandpaper). I think we've bonded :flowers: Don't you just love it when that happens?

-Susanne

Still no arbor ......<WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!>

Probably tomorrow .... you'll love this kit - everything goes together so nice and easy. Mine is all glued together and I can start making it my own.

Let us know as soon as your kit arrives.

-Susanne

I'm hoping to get started on mine soon. The kids had lost all my sandpaper but hubby bought some more for me yesterday. Poor guy, I was happier about that than about the roses he brought home for Valentine's Day. :hug:

I've had a couple of ideas for the arbor so I'm anxious to get it put together and figure out which one will work best. And I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else does with theirs. It looks like such a pretty little kit. :flowers:

Please send only 3 good shots.

Thanks for the information. I must have missed this info when I read the original post. This is my first contest of this sort to ever enter and I am getting excited about seeing everyone's entries. This really is a great forum to be involved in. I would love to get involved in a swap at some point. They also look like they are great fun and a way to get some really neat oak miniatures.

I can't wait to get mine too. I ordered it and had an email saying it shipped on the 7th, but when I put in the tracking # at usps it says the post office was notified to expect a package.

My order receipt stated:

Order Time: 2/1/2007 1:09:02 PM

Current Status: Authorized/Unshipped

About three minutes later, I received a paypal receipt for the payment . . . but haven't received any package or any other email information saying it has been shipped and/or giving a tracking number.

What should I be doing to follow up on this?

~ "Minnie"

No, mine still has not arrived. I tried to find my way around the usps site but it says that it cannot be tracked online.

I am off to PG for my grand adventure to get some supplies, blindly not knowing what I will need. Hubby will walk to town today with Izzy to get the mail. I am now praying it is here today so that I can work on it over the weekend.

Mini shopping I am going :roflmao::roflmao: . I ordered a bunch of stuff from Danielle Perry. I found her mini prices to be comparable to Ernie especially when you take into consideration the dollar and duty and shipping. Houses are another thing but oh well. She was incredibly good about finding items for me....I just told her what I was looking for and she found a selection for me to choose from, and had it in in a few short days. www.danielleperryminaitures.com

OK .....don't pass out......I almost fainted at the post office this afternoon........

I GOT MY ARBORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roflmao::giggle::rofl: :wine:

I am celebrating with a bonbon and a glass of wine :roflmao: and will get onto creating with them tomorrow...I would love to skip out on bowling tonight but I can't do that to the team :roflmao:

I also got all my other mini gems today, and got to see plenty more in real ..I will take pics tomorrow...I got the cutest parakeet..

I GOT MY ARBORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :beer: :wtg: :yay:

I am glad you got themMichelle! In Canada, you all do not get mail on Weekends (only 5 days a week) Here in the states, we get mail on Saturdays too and the post office is still processing mail on Sundays so mail float in the States much faster.

I Can't wait to see what you create!!

:roflmao: