Heart Arbor Contest 2007

Thanks for the information. I must have missed this info when I read the original post. This is my first contest of this sort to ever enter and I am getting excited about seeing everyone's entries. This really is a great forum to be involved in. I would love to get involved in a swap at some point. They also look like they are great fun and a way to get some really neat oak miniatures.

No Problem Sharon! I sure can't wait to see what you come up with :roflmao:

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally got to start working on my arbor. Got all the pieces punched out okay, but then my one year old got her little paws on the heart shaped parts and snapped both of them. :banana: Ah well, thank goodness for glue, eh?

I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone does with their kits. The hints of bashing going on are intriguing. :)

How is everybody doing?

I can`t wait to see all of your ideas..(tingles)

I am finished as much as I am going to be. I posted my entry cause this computer is acting wonky and I do not want to miss out on this after all the blood, sweat, and tears that were put into mine.

I'm pretty much done - I've got one other little thing I want to add if I get time... Most of it came out the way I had hoped, so I'm happy! Hope to get pics sent in soon - before something like the cats get to it!!

Well, it's supposed to warm up this week, so hopefully I can get my arbor spray painted. I pretty much have my ideas worked out and it's just a matter of putting everything together. I can't wait to get started!!

Arbors are being finished in record time! How are you all doing this? I'm still mostly in the "thinking and planning" part of the process - although tomorrow will take things forward a step. I am having such a good time following the posts. :wub: I'm attempting to stretch my imagination for this project. ;)

wow everyones been busy!! i havent been on much this weekend.. calebs bday was friday and we have been doing family stuff since! I did however get a good 2 hours in on my entry and my emerson row today. the painting of the "stage" is finished... everythings almost done... just need to add a few little finishing touches and get a few more supplies at michaels and mine will be good to go!!

Well, it's supposed to warm up this week, so hopefully I can get my arbor spray painted. I pretty much have my ideas worked out and it's just a matter of putting everything together. I can't wait to get started!!

That is about the same as me then, and I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will warm up enough today so that I can get the first coat of paint on. I am going to try the spray paint for this one....

Then I need to finish a couple of things as well to set it up.

Hugs

The only "building" I've been doing is in my head. Went and got supplies on Sat. dgs were here all weekend and there was no way to get anything dh related done. Working today and off tomorrow. Finally going to start my arbor. Can't wait, my ideas are overflowing out of my brain. I hope it turns out the way I picture it. We'll see.

I finished mine and sent it in this past Saturday. I knew there wasn't anything more I wanted to do to it but I was afraid if I didn't get it sent in I would change my mind and I didn't want to do that. So off the pictures went.

I was kind of hoping we might get a confirmation note saying the pictures were received. The link that Tracy gave to send them didn't work for me.

I was kind of hoping we might get a confirmation note saying the pictures were received. The link that Tracy gave to send them didn't work for me.

What link is that? I have an email address for sending the pictures.

Submit your 3 BEST pictures to thewinner@greenleafdollhouses.com by March 15th with the words in the subject line "Don't break my heart". You can include a short description of your project.

I finished mine and sent it in this past Saturday.

I got it Wendy along with Heidi's and Stephanie's... they all look great! I will start an official post later toady with a list of official entries.

Thanks!

Dean

This is getting interesting - I feel like I'm falling behind schedule, but I now have my idea firmly in my head. It's so beautiful in my mind - the reality won't make such a pretty picture. I hope it's the thought that counts! :) I really am having a wonderful time ... I'm trying something I've never done before, which is great. (Can't say more than that at this time.) I do love the group experience! ;)

I got some basic construction done yesterday. :) ......now it will take time to do the "staging". I still need more supplies hope they get here soon :D

Michelle -

I'm so glad you've received your arbor kit. I know what you mean about "waiting for supplies". That seems to be a common thread among us Canadian miniaturists. ;) I went to Michaels today and got the paints I needed. Ray worked on my Toy Store for me while I painted my arbor project.

Isn't the arbor kit a gem!! I'm really enjoying mine.

I can't wait to see what everyone else has done with their kit. Heidiiiii - good for you in getting your project finished already!

-Susanne

Oh no, I misspelled the Promotion Code in the email! It's suppose to be ARBORCONTEST07. Sorry about that (big boo boo)!

If you are wondering where to enter the code, take a look below:

post-1-1170339020_thumb.jpg

Again, sorry about the confusion!

Dean

On the order form I'm filling out, there isn't a place for a promotional code, what am I doing wrong??? <_<

Yippee! It's finally warming up here!! I'm going to plan on spray painting my arbor tomorrow. Because of the weather and the fact that I've been so busy with the Willowcrest, the arbor has been sitting on the table staring at me wondering when I'm going to get to it! I keep saying . . . tomorrow darling! :giggle: Well, looks like tomorrow is . . . well . . . tomorrow!! <_<

I was so tired last night but managed to get the basic arbor glued together. It dried overnight so now the fun part begins. NO WORK today so I can play! (in between, wash vacuum etc etc.) I hope it comes out the way I visualize it. We'll see....Gotta run out and get a few more things today also. <_<

This arbor was a fun build and even if I dont win anything I am happy with the results. I posted my entry already because I was afraid something would happen to it..cats, dog, or kids.

This gave me something to do while my back was out of commission. Greenleaf is a savior! I didnt die a horrible re-run watching death!