Heart Arbor Contest 2007

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found where my arbor is, it had gotten sidetracked during shipping. After a quick call to Fedex it is now on it's way here. I may not be building it as Darrell had laid claim to it and has a better idea for it then I had,He said "I want to build that" so I think I will let him. If he decides he is too busy then I will build it.

Melissa

,He said "I want to build that" so I think I will let him.

Melissa

Well who is to argue with such a determined builder huh?!? It will be sooo much fun to be able to eventually see what everyone has been up to! My kit is speaking soft words to me know about how it wants to be dressed... WIll see if I can get to that tomorrow.

Hugs

I glad to hear that everyone is making good progress, I have been side tracked with so many real life things that I haven't even been able to get to the computer :p . I'm ever so slowly working on my arbor. I'm afraid it's not going to be what I first pictured, but I do have a back up plan :artist: and it looks like the rest of the week and the weekend will be my time to do some major mini work, I hope :giggle: .

Well I placed an order with HBS and the one thing I needed for the arbor was not in the box. :giggle: I'll have to call tomorrow and see if they can ship it out.

Oh, how disappointing. Was it a back-order item, or just missed out in the shipment?

I'm waiting on one item. Ray and I went to run some errands this morning, and there was a parcel notification slip in our mailbox (meaning customs duty is owed) ... so, hopefully it'll be what I need to complete my project.

-Susanne

I managed to dress the doll in the scene today. Thank goodness for glue! And I had to make another item to go with her that was another challenge. Just need make some little touches on the front of the display, and I'll be finished. Unless, of course, I get another wild idea ... *sigh*

Yes, there are actual drawbacks to a contest - you can't share your progress, and you can't ask for advice without giving away your secrets! :giggle: I am having a grand time of it anyway. (Making a mess of it all, oh well). :artist:

The February blues has kept me from making much progress on my arbor, I did finally work on it a little yesterday. If I don't get out of my slump I won't meet the deadline, but the energy is just not there for me. Where is Spring, I need Spring. :(

Maybe do some online miniature shopping ... that always cheers me up :whistle:

-Susanne

If I don't get out of my slump I won't meet the deadline, but the energy is just not there for me. :(

Come on, Greg - we all want to see what you will come up with. How about turning up some summery music? Don't know what your tastes are; "Here comes the Sun", by the Beatles? Or maybe some Beach Boys tunes? Looking forward to the "Lazy, Hazy, Crazy Days of Summer" myself. :whistle:

Or maybe some Beach Boys tunes?

Okay everybody lets get Greg in the mood:

:whistle: ...and she'll have fun fun fun til her daddy takes her T-Bird away... :(

I've been watching the "Grease" contest on tv where they're searching for the next Danny and Sandy ... so here's one that comes to mind for me:

"Summer loving ..... it happened so fast ....."

Are you feeling the summer-thing yet Greg?

-Susanne

I've been on the blahs trail, too, Greg. Went to Sedalia with Norma Jeane again today. We had lunch, hit a couple of antique stores (where I found a half dozen House of Miniatures kits at below-eBay prices!), and had an hour-long massage. I'm sitting here with spa hair and smelling of all kinds of soothing oils, about 3 inches taller and feeling like I could be Spring myself! :whistle:

Grab your Spring wherever you can find it!

I'm ever so slowly working on my arbor. I'm afraid it's not going to be what I first pictured.

The best ideas I have come from ideas that died. Looks like a piece of art is in the works to me :whistle: I can't wait to see everyones contest entry! Melanie, I hope your item get there soon!

Greg, I hope you get more sunshine soon! I am happy to see that at 5:30 pm we still have some light :D Spring is coming my friend :( This is why I thought the contest would be perfect. I miss flowers so much in the winter time and by the end of January, I am thinking only of flowers. I even by fresh cut flowers from the grocery store to help keep my mood upbeat (though there is nothing like flowers outside and warm sunshine)

;)

Greg, go outside and look around the ground. I bet if you look really really hard..you will see some peeps in the ground..Crocus? Dafs maybe?

I know you are farther up north from me but I bet those babies are dieing to show thru. That always makes me feel better when I start to see my bulbs start to get up and go.

That and the sounds of the spring birds. There are not alot now but sometimes I can hear one or two out there!