Heart Arbor Contest 2007

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ug! Terrible weather had me "stranded" out of town today - no time to work on the Arbor. Also, I've run out of ----- and the store has none on their shelves. (It's on order, but that doesn't really help me.) Never mind, the brain's still ticking - and so's the clock! Think, brain, think.

Well, I thought I was finished with the arbor tonight. I took the pictures and was feeling right proud of myself. Then I noticed something I missed, a rather significant part of the backstory that goes with it. *sigh* At least I got some practice taking the photos. I'm glad I have a few more days!

I'm doing the "happy new supply dance!" got everything I need to finish up now! Ive written the "background story" in my head, just need to type it out... I cant wait to finish!!!

Yikes! :) I'm starting to feel the pressure and it's only March 2nd. I'm still waiting for a very important "piece" to arrive so I can finish up and sent on the pictures :giggle: Hope it arrives soon! Looking forward to seeing everybodies entry. :)

I finished i finished!! yipppeee!! just sent my photos to my mom for final approval :giggle: LOL i want a few opinions from friends and family before i submit them!! im so excited! cant wait to see everyones entires!!

Still grumbling about the base itself, as I had one = to small, then the other was sort of a substitute... which didn't get the approval of the arbor itself so back to the scouting I suppose. Good thing is that I have the whoooool story behind the scene all cleared in my mind, just need to get it there, the components are done now just to get them together....

Hugs

Haven't been able to start yet either, although I have lots of ideas...now that the Feb swap is done and sent, I can clean my house and then I can get started...this is my last week at my current job, so come Friday, I'll be free free free!

Well I got to work more on mine again finally yesterday. I told hubby I needed a mini fix and he stepped up to the plate....gotta love a man that takes the" I need _______or YOUR life will be a living hell " hint lol Naw he is a keeper!! No SERIOUS thrests were needed :flowers:

I still have so much to do though..I could spend another whole day and more on it. It has been time consuming since this really is the first project I have ever done. I am making all my little objects myself. and I am loving every minute of it!!!!

I still have so much to do though..I could spend another whole day and more on it. It has been time consuming since this really is the first project I have ever done. I am making all my little objects myself. and I am loving every minute of it!!!!

I know what you mean, Michelle. I'm making the little stuff myself, too. And when I think I'm finished, I think of something else absolutely VITAL to the project! :flowers: It's great fun!

:flowers:This is the first time I've ever entered a competition, and it was loads of fun! I kept finding myself thinking of more & more things I could add, and like the Energizer Bunny, I could have easily just kept going, and going and...! :cheer: I finally did bite the bullet on Friday, called it a completed project, and sent the pix in. Haven't heard whether they've been received, but am assuming that Tracy and Dean have the weekend off.

I am glad to say I just finished up my Arbor today and I just need to take pictures and send it in. Win or lose [i hope I win] I love mine and it has been fun doing it. I read on a post that Dean is going to post the ones he recieves,Does any one know where that post is. You know after all the work one needs to know that it was sent correctly. Good luck to everyone it has been fun :flowers:

mamie, here's the post you were looking for:

nutti, I asked the same thing. Dean responded with #267 posting on Pg 14.

And here's the follow-up to that post by Dean:

I didn't get your entry nutti. I have been sending a PM to people confirming receipt of entries. I plan on waiting until the contest closes on March 15th before posting the list of contestants.

sounds like everyones doing good! i have taken over 100 step by step pics of my entry. and ive taken an additional 50 something more trying to find the "right" 3 photos... but everytime i upload them I think of something else to add. so i think i might give my brain a few more days to "think" before I submit my photos :flowers:

So if you didn't get a pm from Dean to confirm reciect of pictures . Dose that mean they didn't recieve it??????

I didn't get an pm from Dean and I sent mine in on March 1.

Can someone Dean or Tracey that me if they recieved them?

thanks

We are sending reciepts of Pictures. I am not a judge in this contest so I have been waiting until See the picutures before I send a reciept. I'll check right now though because I have been away most of the day today :cheer:

It is so exciting to hear all of your comments about your arbors!!! I can't wait to see the rest of them :flowers:

So if you didn't get a pm from Dean to confirm reciect of pictures . Dose that mean they didn't recieve it??????

I didn't get an pm from Dean and I sent mine in on March 1.

Can someone Dean or Tracey that me if they recieved them?

thanks

I got my receipt several days after I emailed the pictures so I would worry too much. If you don't have it before the 14th, then I would resend them.