Heart Arbor Contest 2007

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just finished my arbor. I'm charging the battery in my camera and will hopefully get my photos e-mailed in the next day or so. Only a couple more weeks and we'll be able to see all of the great arbors.

-Susanne

Good luck everyone! I can't wait to see what you all come up with!!!

I got as far as completing my arbor, but nothing else. I had a rather detailed plan and i have most of the goodies to complete it but my plan was too large to actually complete in less than 6 months :cheer::flowers: . I can't think of another idea that i think will be creative enough...so i'm just going to enjoy looking at the great ideas you guys all had. I can't wait to see who the winners are!!!!!!

I'm still working on mine. The store got more of the ---- in, so I was able to continue. :cheer: I have come to realise that what I'm trying to do cannot be done properly in the time I have left - so I shall be very improper! I still like my original idea - but not sure how it will all work out. I'm having so much fun in the process, I shall be sorry when the contest ends. Of course, then there will be tons of eye-candy to devour - so it's all good! Please keep posting comments - I love reading the posts, and trying to guess what everyone is doing. Exciting times! :flowers:

ok well ive narrowed it down to 10 photos to choose from... I just finished my gallery with my entry photos but its on private until the big day :flowers: LOL

im so excited to see what everyone has done! this has been so much fun!

I think I took way too many photos of mine. I kept deleting and re-arranging and deleting..You get the picture..

I finally just picked 3 and sent it off. I knew that if I didnt, I would get mega OCD on this thing..LOL

I cant wait to see the different renditions of this sweet arbor either.

I did some major mini work this past weekend. My arbor is done and everything for the scene we (everyone's helping me) are making and should be finished today or tomorrow then I can put it all together. :cheer: This is really fun and having the kids and DH help makes it even better. :)

I've finished - just sent my contest entry photos in.

Does anyone else feel like me when you've finished a miniature project. Excited that you've put everything together, but sad that it's finished? Kind of like when you've read the last page of a good book. I always have such mixed feelings when I'm done.

-Susanne

Does anyone else feel like me when you've finished a miniature project. Excited that you've put everything together, but sad that it's finished? Kind of like when you've read the last page of a good book. I always have such mixed feelings when I'm done.

Susanne, I'm usually a fairly fast reader, but when a book is REALLY good, I find myself slowing down as I hit the last 50 pages or so to delay the inevitable. It's almost like saying good-bye to a friend.

Well .... i just submitted my photos. it was so hard to "let go" but I knew i had to. Ive been driving my family nuts with helping me choose the "right" photos all weekend. :flowers:

so my entry is complete and now all i can do is wait paitently until the big day!

good luck everyone :)

I will need to regroup my project :flowers: Miss Izzy the doll that she is (NOT!!!!!!) got into it and made a BIG mess. I do not think anything is destroyed (I hope) but it will take some resetting and repairs forsure.

I have TANTRUMING TWO YEAR OLD available to any takers.....whoever said to enjoy it while they cannot talk was outta their mind...try having a kid that has the brains but not the words to express herself and you have a nightmare on your hands lol

All I know is that I LOVE 7 PM these days...bedtime :)

ohhh my so funny about Izzy....such a bundle of energy.

we had our sweet Pixinator here tonight...I swear one would think her adhd...hahahaha

from one thing to another at full speed. Im too outashape to be a granny to a 2 yr old OH MY!

she has 3 of us to entertain and as usual she did her job right.

cant wait to see yeralls creation! :)

nutti :flowers:

try having a kid that has the brains but not the words to express herself and you have a nightmare on your hands lol

All I know is that I LOVE 7 PM these days...bedtime :whistle:

We have one of those....that fits my gs to a tee! So much to say but has trouble saying it. :) but very very cute. I'm off today so gotta take a few more pictures and will decide which ones to send. I know what yall mean about letting go! :flowers: it's tough to decide. You just keep taking pictures hoping for the perfect shot.

Once I spent some time with a friend whose daughter and granddaughter were visiting. The daughter is deaf; the granddaughter, then about 18 months old, was not deaf and not yet verbalizing much, but since Mom and Grandma and Grandpa used sign language, the little cutie had picked it up. I was amazed to see her let them know that she was thirsty, that she wanted juice, not milk or water, and that she wanted Grandpa to get it for her, not Grandma.

I think basic sign language ought to be a part of prenatal classes for new parents. Can you imagine how frustrating it must be for the little ones to know perfectly well what they want or what's bugging them but not be able to communicate it to the adults? No wonder they pitch a fit now and then!

It's not for nothing they're called the "Terrible Twos". Signing is a great idea. Our oldest began to talk before he was a year old (his first word was "banana", his second was uttered as he threw a hug on the big white box in the kitchen and crooned "wefwidgewater") and we quickly figured out what he was saying (my favorite is still "ringing bubba barber & baby sister" when the circus came to town!). He turned around and interpreted for his next brother, and they both interpreted for #3 so well he was in school before he decided to articulate his words so people outside our immediate family could understand him.

We hope to have the house painted enough to bring in furniture by this weekend. I hope I caN access my dollhouse supplies so Darrell can make the arbor. It looks like we will run out of time to complete it. I will however be 1 step closer to being able to work on mini's again.

Melissa

Oh my, I haven't even started yet! I did get all my supplies yesterday though, so I'm at least one step into it! I'm hoping to spend the whole day on Thursday making it. Trouble is, I'm drawing a big fat blank on this one! Hopefully, once I get going things will fall into place.

The entries are rolling in and looking great! I have notified everyone that I have received their entry, so if you haven't heard back from me please drop me a PM.

Thanks!

Dean