Heart Arbor Contest 2007

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got the base cut and hope to start work on it soon. I know what I want but everytime I sit down with the arbor I just can't seem to get the layout right. I have a feeling it has changed it's mind and not told me.

Now THAT happens to me a lot! Don't you hate it when these things change right when you are ready to work on it :) And hubby thinks I am crazy when I tell him that the house changed it's mind. Ohhh...Wait a Minute...I am crazy :wave:

I can't wait to see it Melanie and I sure hope you get inspried soon!! That Vineyard cottage is worth it man! I have one that I built a few years ago and it's such a wonderful house. I can't wait to be able to unpack it again so I can enjoy it!!

That Vineyard cottage is worth it man!

Seriously!! I want one of those kits soo badly! I lost a bid on one last month with led to my splurge in purchasing a beacon hill :wave: i gotta tell you, last night I was sad I was finished with my heart arbor entry, but today I am relieved. I dont have to stress about it anymore!!

I will need to regroup my project :wave: Miss Izzy the doll that she is (NOT!!!!!!) got into it and made a BIG mess. I do not think anything is destroyed (I hope) but it will take some resetting and repairs forsure.

I have TANTRUMING TWO YEAR OLD available to any takers.....whoever said to enjoy it while they cannot talk was outta their mind...try having a kid that has the brains but not the words to express herself and you have a nightmare on your hands lol

All I know is that I LOVE 7 PM these days...bedtime :)

I'LL TAKE HER!!! I've always so wanted a little girl. Should I send airfare, or would you rather I drove out to pick her up. Tell Izzy I'll buy her a pony and decorate her room up however she would like.

I remember with my granddaughter Shalean (more of an arrangement with a younger friend - I was never able to have children of my own) at age 2, she'd get so frustrated when she couldn't find the words to express herself. She and I spent long hours discussing her "feelings". I bought her a great big bear and told her that she could "talk" to her and she'd always understand. I said that she could hug, kiss or hit and kick the bear. That the bear would understand. I loved hearing Shalean "talk" to her bear.

Hope Izzy learns to express herself without temper tantrums, but I'm sure she must get terribly frustrated sometimes. She really is a little doll.

-Susanne

Careful Susanne!! You might get a phone call on a real nasty day........Something like YOU HAVE SEVEN HOURS TO GET HERE!!!! LOL....by that time I will have cooled off, all will be well again and you would have drove all that way for nothing as I truly would NEVER give her up....she really is a doll and a real gift after all life has thrown my way. :wave: I still love 7 every night though....I am no fool ya know :)

I still love 7 every night though....I am no fool ya know :wave:

Girls are wonderful but wait til she gets to be 15-18.....Believe me after 4 daughters it's a wonder that I survived! I'll take a 2 year old anyday. I must say if you survive they will be your friends for life.

I must say if you survive they will be your friends for life.

haha yep, i raised hell with my mom growing up... i dont know how she did it honestly. but you know what? we are bestfriends now :) The day I moved out of the house everything changed, we could actually stand eachother :wave:

Girls are wonderful but wait til she gets to be 15-18.....Believe me after 4 daughters it's a wonder that I survived! I'll take a 2 year old anyday. I must say if you survive they will be your friends for life.

Raising a weaking hand due to participating in a *fight club* with my two teen daughters! LOL

Raising a weaking hand due to participating in a *fight club* with my two teen daughters! LOL

Hang in there Heidi...it really does get better :flowers: :w00t:

Ohhh Goody Melanie! I am so glad you got some inspiration! Keep those pictures coming in! The ones we have pictures of so far are totally Wonderful! The Judges are gonna have to sit tight and really think about these for sure!!

I did some more work on the arbor ... it's gradually taking shape ... just hope I don't run out of time. I've adjusted my plans somewhat so I should be finished by the deadline. (Fingers crossed.)

I'm DYING to see what everyone has done!!!

Everyone who hasn't finished yet - just hold on to your vision - we still have time to do this! :welcome:

I did some work last night too, just not as much as I hoped. I had the thought to put a _____ in the _____. I'll just have to see if I can find one in time. The neat thing is I was showing DFIL and friend what I was making and they were really impressed. It's nice to hear someone say nice things about your work!

:thumb: yes the season of "tease" instead of the season of "love" :rofl:

i cant wait to see everyones beautiful work. my finished entry is sitting on my display table in my work room. It really keeps me in the "spring" mood :rofl:

Today my cat launched an arial attack on my ----. A couple of ---- broke, and a ---- cracked. :rofl: I was able to repair it all, no permanent damage done.

I was happily describing the plans for my entry, listing the things I still need to work on, etc. to my daughter. She regarded me silently for a moment, then tersely replied, "Get a move on."

Did I mention that she's a teenager? :thumb:

Today my cat launched an arial attack on my ----. A couple of ---- broke, and a ---- cracked. ohmy.gif I was able to repair it all, no permanent damage done.

I was happily describing the plans for my entry, listing the things I still need to work on, etc. to my daughter. She regarded me silently for a moment, then tersely replied, "Get a move on."

Did I mention that she's a teenager? dry.gif

Ohhh Nooo!! Since this can cause a problem, I won't let you know that you are being a big Teaser!!

:rofl::rofl: One week left now right gang? :thumb: