Heart Arbor Contest 2007

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Susanne I love your new picture of missymew. its so cute! :mad:

It probably seems that I Missymew is my favourite of the 2 cats. That's not the way it is. Actually, Trinity is my "little lambie pie", but she's very very hard to take a photo of. As soon as I start taking photos, she moves or blinks her eyes. She's very slippery. Missymew is very laid back and doesn't move when you snap photos. She loves any kind of attention she can get. Actually, Missymew can be a bit of a nuisance as she constantly craves (and demands) attention.

Trinity is ALWAYS by my side. She follows me around all day long, and sleeps touching me all night. Ray laughs as she's like my personal shadow. But Trinity is very quiet and easy to be with. She's not demanding - just content to be with me.

Missymew fusses continually unless you're holding her, petting her, feeding her, or laying down and cuddling her. She's a very big cat and heavy. She howls and "slams cupboard doors" if you're not giving her the attention she demands. The only time she's quiet is when you're either cuddling up next to her, or if she's sound asleep (thankfully she does sleep a lot) and doesn't realize you're not right with her.

Sometimes I tease Ray that we should hire a nanny to look after Missymew.

A few years ago we had a repairman come over to look at our washing machine. Missymew fell in love with this guy. He'd had to lay down on the floor to look under the machine, and of course Missymew thought it was all about her and was rolling and purring on the floor beside him. I asked if I could take her upstairs and shut her in a bedroom, but he said it was okay. I jokingly told Ray that maybe we should hire this guy to come over for an hour or 2 a few times a week as entertainment for Missymew.

Missymew is very cute and extremely cuddly - but she's needy and a lot of work.

-Susanne

The countdown is on :D a half hour until the Izzinator goes to bed for a nap (oh golly I love the time she sleeps) and then I am off downstairs to work on my arbor. I am bound and determined to get it done and do not plan to surface (unless DH is still sleeping from his nightshift when Izzy wakes) until it is complete. I may be up allnight doing it but I am determined!!!! :clap:

I still need to build________ and make some more ________ and _________. Oh and I have to replace(build another) what I sent with Thelma for Jenny...(it is an orchid...I can say that since anyone can look on the other thread). Then I have to add__________ and some other little things that I got in the mail a couple of days ago. :mad:

THE HEAT IS ON!!!!!!!!!!! :wave:

I certainly don't envy the judges!

I don't either Holly! In fact, I'm glad to be sitting this one out. All the entries are great! The three judges are from the Greenleaf hardcore (on the payroll for over 25 years) and they are amazed at the entries.

Remember, you need to get the pictures submitted by close of business on the 15th!

Trinity is ALWAYS by my side. She follows me around all day long, and sleeps touching me all night. Ray laughs as she's like my personal shadow.

how funny! my cat severus is the same way! whenever i walk into the craft room i close the door almost al lthe way and i count to five. everytime at the 5 he pops his head in, meows and comes and sits right by me! LOL

4 more days!!! im so excited!!!

For the write up do you make a background story or do you do a narrative I did....

I don't know what the others did, but I told the story with narrative captions. I identified the photos as KathieB-01, KathieB-02, KathieB-03, and labeled each caption with the photo ID so the judges would know which blurb went with which photo.

The story went into the text of the email, and the photos were sent as attachments.

Good luck!

I am trying very hard to not to be stressed! It is taking a lot longer to do one part than I thought.

I know!!! I have been fretting over one detail the whole weekend and I am hoping that I will get it to look like it wants by Tuesday.... Arrrgh!!! I do however have the full story to tell around it....

Hugs

OK I am nearly ready......question.......

For the write up do you make a background story or do you do a narrative I did....

I believe somewhere in this thread Tracy said just a description of the scene. You can make a story if you want but it gives you a chance to set the scene in case you need to or if it isn't completely obvious what it is.

Oh, we lost an hour, we lost an hour ... {wringing of hands and chewing of fingernails}

What time exactly is close of business on the 15th?

All of the time spent on "it" so far has been on one item. I tend to hyper-focus on minute details that won't even show in a photo. :ohyeah: My original plan has been shaved down to a mere shadow of it's former glory simply to save time - but at least I'm still working on it!

It may be time to pull an all-nighter.

Well I finished my arbor, with DH's help. I started taking pictures and dropped the camera :doh: , the lens went right onto the cement :cry: . On the bright side I did get pics and luckily our all in one printer can read the card :thumb: . Now the hard part of picking three pics to send in :wave: .

OK I am nearly ready......question.......

When I asked about that, Tracy replied with the following:

Hi There Donna! Yes, a breif description of what is depicted in the pictures is what we are looking for. You don't have to write a story (Though we love those too :doh: ) but just a few sentances to give us an overall idea of your arbor theme :thumb:

Hope this helps! :wave: