Heart Arbor Contest 2007

Jenn & Teresa, I used to write poetry and songs when I was a kid but now I only do dollhouses It's funny how our creativity drives change through out the years

Tracy, I used to write so much when I was a kid and teenager. I used to write poetry and stories. I'm working on one now, which I've been working on for about three years. :o I wrote the first verse of a song the other day. They come to me in my sleep. I also used to write for our school newspaper and also worked on the Year Book Committee. I still don't understand why I didn't go into literature or journalism?! :wave: Funny how life turns out!

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YIPPEE!!! is dean still planning on posting a list of names of all those who entered? i cant wait to find out how many people turned in enteries. and most of all i cant wait tell tuesday!!!

Everyone should have recieved an email from me regarding the reciept of your entries. Kathie, I don't have an accurate total but I know it's over 10 :o

Yeah!! over 10 thats great. Now I wonder if someone did a dark theme ie witchie, halloween.. . . . . .

I was watching NBC the other night and thought DOH! I could have went with an eViL dark garden. Hmm maybe thats what I will do with the other kit I have. :wave:

I just emailed my entry. I hope, I HOPE, I REALY, REALLY HOPE I got it in on time??

It was a lot of fun working on this, but I'm sure glad it's done. Seemed like every time I even thought about working on this something else went wrong to prevent it. From my order not arriving for a long time, (Thanks again, Dean for taking care of that!) to grandkids too sick to go to daycare, to last weekend's breakdown of our walk-in freezer so we had to pack everything down to the basement and load it into our old chest freezers that we used to use. . . Then one of those quit working Monday - so that meant a trip to town (30 miles one way) to get a new chest freezer to keep things until the walk-in is fixed. . . and unloading the old one ane repacking the new. Phew! No wonder it took an all-nighter to get this done in the nick of time. And no wonder I had to incorporate a ________ into the scene ehehe.

Looking forward to seeing all the entries! Good luck all.

Minnie

I DID IT!!! I'm hoping like crazy that it was in time for the deadline - please please please please please let it be!

The little Heart Arbor was a dream to work with - putting it together was so easy! Of course, what I did to it afterwards was the hard part. Although it took FOREVER, I have to say I love the way it turned out. Thanks so much Dean and Tracy for giving us this contest. It took us through the horrible weather and February blahs, and turned the focus to fun and sharing. I enjoyed the whole process. Now I can sit back, relax, and anticipate all the lovely eye-candy to come. :yes: Congratulations to everyone for getting the entries done! I know we're in for a treat - I'm sure all the entries will be imaginative renditions of our sweet arbor. Really looking forward to a gallery of treasures.

Oh, yes, can't relax until I know whether the pics went through okay. :whistle:

I'll be happy to look at your pictures before the 20th.
I'll be happy to look at all of them before then, we leave godawful early Weds AM for another of our camping adventures beginning with a hike in Gainesville, FL, at San Felasco State Park and then the Sebring Tandem Rally and then a 9-day hike of the FL Trace Trail.

Well, the pics are sent. The scene isn't really finished but I'm running out of time and I don't think the kids are going to let me get anymore done on it today. I'm not entirely happy with the pictures either. Ah well, I know it won't win but it was fun to work on anyway. Maybe someday I'll find the time to finish it up all the way. :whistle:

I'm really looking forward to seeing what everyone came up with. Y'all are so creative I know there will be some fantastic pics to enjoy. :yes:

Yeah!! over 10 thats great. Now I wonder if someone did a dark theme ie witchie, halloween.. . . . . .

I was watching NBC the other night and thought DOH! I could have went with an eViL dark garden. Hmm maybe thats what I will do with the other kit I have. :whistle:

:doh: :doh: Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil ... a perfect arbor theme and one of my favorite novels! Hmmmmmm ... I have another arbor here that I'd planned to make up and give to my mini-buddy, but ... plans do change, don't they! :yes: :lol:

I wish everyone luck and can't wait to see the pictures. Real life got in the way and my arbor project is on hold. But it won't stop my enjoyment of seeing everyone else's pictures and celebrating with the winners.

Okay, I think I just sent in my entry! I hope it went through alright! :whistle:

I can't wait to see what everybody else has done! Perhaps it will inspire me to finish my other arbor.

Oooooooooo, the suspense!