Heart Arbor Contest 2007

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jackie, I know you'll be letting us know when you get it :banana: I am so anxious to see what everyone will make!!

:banana:

I had to go out late this afternoon, and only just got back a few minutes ago ... it arrived!! I had resigned myself to waiting until Monday, so I had a lovely surprise. I'm so excited - I will start working on it tomorrow night. I would start right now, but I have to wash the poodle we've been dogsitting for a couple of weeks and pack up all her belongings. She's going home tomorrow, so I have to "pretty her up". I will at least do the pet-the-wood thing tonight - in between petting the poodle, that is. Actually, I expect I will stay up late sanding! The Fun Factor just took a giant leap forward. ;) Oh, my beating heart!

I can't wait to get mine too. I ordered it and had an email saying it shipped on the 7th, but when I put in the tracking # at usps it says the post office was notified to expect a package. I have got to be more patient. I know it probably should not be here by now, but I wish usps would scan it so I know where it is. Thanks again greenleaf for a great contest.

Isn't this how it always happens. Before I sent the above reply there was no usps notice. After I sent the above reply, I checked again. It says it was delivered at 3:30, that means it is at the post office or in my mailbox, our neighborhood has community mailboxes so I am off to check. Yippee

So....I decided to open mine just to look at it. Then I decided to punch out the pieces, just to look at them. And I broke it in half!! Well....I wasn't going to enter the contest anyway. I'm sure I can glue it, but I need to stay away from it for a while!!

broke one of my hearts also....should be a disclaimer to be punched out delicatly!

lol

but I was able to glue and clamp it while it dried and who can tell where it is broke...NO one!

this isnt about winning its about seeing all the different ways one item can look!

so join in!

nutti :banana:

I am basically done! I pushed threw all day today. All I have to do is finish some of the little touches to it. Nat said it looked great and I didnt even ask her first! I am so proud my idea came out well.

Now that I can see the size of the Arbor - I won't need to use two kits to make my idea work. I feel a little guilty for asking for two, but I did think I would need to use some of the second one at the time. After Jeninki's warning on the other thread, I was very careful while removing the parts from the sheet, and they all "fell out" beautifully. I love this Arbor!! Thanks Dean and Greenleaf for being so wonderful to us!

I'm dying to know what all the layers are for, Jenny! It's so intriguing - hearing little clues about each other's arbors - it will be such fun to see all the end results. I just know everyone will have done a wonderful job. :welcome:

Holy cow! Y'all are fast! I intended to work on mine over the weekend but I can't find any of my sandpaper. I know I have a bunch in the house but we're remodeling the kids' room and my youngest is a master of hiding things and I just can't seem to put my hands on any of it. I need to get cracking though or I won't be able to get it all finished in time!

Well.... I have the basic structure done, will only need to let it dry thouroughly before adding the last building details, then it will be on to the decorating and stuff, I think my theme is kind of "old school/second chances" kind of deal LOL so Steve what about giving your arbor a second chance huh??? :birthday: I would love to see what you do with this one!!!!

And I think these clues yet not telling anyhting at all are just such a curiousity peaker (not sure that is a word LOL) and gives so many ideas... I had a wild idea to start with and after chatting with the little arbor as it got together it didn't want to go wild, it wanted to be a sweet setting and who am I to argue with that, now to see if I have all the necessary items for it though.

Hugs

I've been silently following all the postings here, (its hard to type when you got a 6 month old wiggling around in your arms lol) BUUUUT I was SOOOOOO excited about getting my Arbor that JUST showed up I had to post something!!! lol I even got a few other goodies,one I'm gonna use as a V-day gift for my older son (he's almost 8) who LOVES building projects.

I was wondering if we are going to get to see all the submissions after the contest is over in addition to the winners? (dont know if someone has talked about this already so sorry if this is a repeat question). It would be alot of fun to see what everyone has done for the contest.

I'm hoping I get my whole scene done on time. If I do, this will be the first project that I COMPLETLEY finished (still working ever so slowly on my BH).