New hearts skin

Esther

Just shows you can't please all of the people all of the time, some of the people some of the time, etc. The more choices people are given, the more they will choose. I really admire you and Dragonfly, Dean, for exploring options for us. I imagine you are learning as you go, and guess what, we are too! :banana:

I too found the pink a bit on the bright side, and changed to Driftwood. Loved the hearts and everything.

Please is anyone having to login before they can see pics attached to member posts? I feel like I've lost my special membership status or something. :banana:

Maybe one of my settings came unstuck? (now be nice, don't go there!) :banana:

Please is anyone having to login before they can see pics attached to member posts?

There were some complications during the upgrade that effected the attachments. We have to take the forum off line again to resolve this issue and I felt it would be better to wait until next week. Sorry for the inconvenience Linda!

one thing i have noticed is that you have to type in your log in name and password everytime you go to the page now.. or at least i do.. i never had to do that before.

one thing i have noticed is that you have to type in your log in name and password everytime you go to the page now.. or at least i do.. i never had to do that before.

I'm not sure what that means Jenny. Take quick look at this topic. Hopefully it will help.

I spoke too soon this morning. I deleted the cookies as Dean suggested but can't seem to find the temporary internet files cache. I did a search but nothing came up. I know I'm not looking in the right place and quite frankly am more than a little nervous about plundering around in the computers innards. Guess I'll have to be content to log in each time I visit. Sorry Dean.

oh, oho! so that's what an internet cache is. cookies? ok.

yep, what everybody else is saying: i have to log in over and over, that is new.

i am also getting more error messages, frequent Board "You are not authorized" messages.

that said, i think that the new toys and options are GREAT!!! and the driftwood skin is :banana:

THANKS to dean, dragonfly and the e-posse.

hi again,

a question: howcome sometimes the little emoticons are moving and sometimes not?

another question: why is it that if somebody changes their avatar, or if i change mine, i can't see the new avatar for several hours?

and a well, huh!: before the Conversion, if i was in the minicommunity forums and clicked on the Greenleaf logo, that would take me to the greenleafdollhouses.com site. Now that no longer happens, or at least, it is not working for me.

t i a

To answer some of your questions...

Some of the emoticons are animated, and so therefore they move, others are not animted.

On why you can't see new images like avatars.. your browser "Caches" all images and holds them in a memory so that when you visit a website, it loads a lot quicker for you that it would if you have never visited...

this Caching is the cause of most of your issues, in that your browser is still holding parts of the old site prior to upgrade in it's memory.. so therefore somethings don't work right, and the poor thing gets very confused.

To clean all the old stuff out, on Internet Explorer

Up the top of your browser is a menu there is an option there called "Tools" clicking on this brings up another menu, with the option "Internet Options" on it, click on that and a new window will pop up with some further options..

click on the Delete Files

Check the "Delete all offline content"

Click on OK and wait for the process to run

post-666-1170378663_thumb.jpg

post-666-1170378678_thumb.jpg

In FireFox

Top Menu/Tools/Clear Private Data/ Check the Cache box and Cookie box, and uncheck the rest unless you want to remove them as well (read the options) Then click OK

ONCE you have done either of these, you need to do what is called a Hard Refresh, whereby you press the buttons CTRL and the top function button F5 (or the refresh icon on your browser) at the SAME time, this clears all images in the cache and gives you a sparkly new page.

Done :banana:

I deleted the cookies as Dean suggested but can't seem to find the temporary internet files cache.

I went under "tools" and deleted "cookies" and "files" (the offline stuff) but I didn't do the "ctrl"/F5 afterwards & so far everything seems to be working just fine.

Please is anyone having to login before they can see pics attached to member posts?

Thanks for pointing this out Linda... it should be as it was now! Also, the problem with blog attachments has been corrected as well.

I was in no way complaining - whenever there is a change, I know there will be adjustments.

You guys are so great. Whenever I sneeze you are there with the hankie!

Thanks Kim and Dean for all your hard work.

I'm still in the adjustment phase, but lovin' the changes. (Driftwood is loverly!)

hi again, and yes, thank you! for the roadmap, Kim. :yes:

just FYI, i've tried the cleaning process but my computer just wheezed (literally) and then got stuck. :yes: will try again.

regardless, i've no complaints, either. the new arrangements are SUPER and i'm lovin' them all!

thanks very much for all the work and refurbisments.

Dean is correct, especially if you have never done it, it will be a large amount of cached material to get rid of, and if your machine is an old one, it will definately take some time, just be patient with it :yes:

I really love all the new stuff, thanks Dean and Greenleaf! =)

Somehow I can't change my avatar pic anymore! :yes: Is it just me experiencing problems? I think my computer is too old for all this high tech! :yes:

EDIT: Oh, stupid me, next time I better read the whole thread! Just read about the avatar problems, I will see if your advises work for me too, I really hope so...