Florida Tornado

heidiiiii

We are fine but Deland got hit hard. ( the city next us, about 15 min away. ) The high school was closed and several people are without power. They are still clearing roads. They keep telling everyone to stay home and not go out on the roads. I think the worst of it was north of us though.

Sending lots of positive thoughts over ot the ones needing it. Sounds like it must have been a tough one!

Will keep all affected in my thoughts hoping that every one will get through this OK as well as the loved ones!

Hugs

Holly went to see her son and I don't think he is in FL.

Holly went to Charleston, SC to see her new grandbaby.

OK, I've missed the news. Where did this hit? My in-laws are in St Petersburg.

Mother nature is hard on the ones that live in her realm at times!

Good to hear that you are OK though Holly. And the new little one is doing allright I gather and looking adorable :ohyeah:

Hugs

Bad news getting worse on the mounting human casualties.

whooping cranes...completely wiped out.
Apparently one of them wasn't dead, after all.

you are OK though Holly. And the new little one is doing allright I gather and looking adorable
Oh, she's her grandma's heart, alright!

What about Jaimie? Has she been online since it hit? I dont know FL geography either so I dont know if she is anywhere near where this all happened.

Jamie is South Florida, not near the path.

Jaimie is in Tampa, on the Gulf coast, about halfway down from the Big Bend.

Hi everyone. Just popped online to check new listings. I haven't been online often because I've been so busy.

I appreciate all the thoughts sent my way. So sweet! I am in Tampa, "North Tampa" actually, which is central Florida, west coast. I can't seem to find my link to that map we all joined, nor can I remember the name of it (Frappar?)! LOL I did try to update myself in there.

We are 5 Minutes from Bush Gardens if anyone knows where that is! Also The Museum of Science and Industry, Univ. South Florida (although we aren't really SOUTH, more west & central) and the Sun Dome. It only takes about 20 minutes to get to downtown Tampa from here (Thank goodness I don't live in that area!!!) Ybor City, the Port of Tampa, the aquarium, MacDill Air Force Base and the Tampa/St. Pete Airport. All is fine here.

My parents live basically across the highway from The Villages/Lady Lake area where most of the damages is. They are 5 minutes away from where the church is that got destroyed. I was there the next day and everything is fine with them and in the "Active Adult Village" that they live in. My cousin lives in Oviedo, just outside of Orlando and they had some scares, but are ok as well.

Havanaholly - When are we going to get together? I can't wait to "meet" you!!

Jaimie, glad you are all right and enjoying Florida. Tampa is a great area. I have some friends who moved there a few years ago (from Boston) and love it.

The link for the map is http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...p?showtopic=894

Glad everyone here seems to be have made through with minimal problems.