I'm so mad!!!!!!!!!!!

minianna

Yesterday started off good but by lunch time my day was ruined. I went out to my car on the far side of the parking lot only to discover that someone had backed into the front quarter panel and fled the scene without leaving any information. The only thing they left at the scene was there drivers side brake light cover. I called the police and filed a report but since there was no witness to the accident and it's on private property there isn't anything I can do. I have to file it with my insurance. If I can get proof of who hit me (pictures of his car) then I can either sue him or take out a warrant and take him to civil court. The foreman on 2nd shift told me that he knows who always parks back there near where I was parked. Everyone was looking for the car with a missing tail light this morning but the guy didn't show up for work last night so I may never get the proof I need. He may not ever show up for work again. I'm just so frustrated right now I can hardly see straight. It's not fair that someone can do this and get away with it scott free.

thanks for letting me vent.

post-1106-1170773664_thumb.jpg

Sorry about that, Anna, that stinks. But on the brighter side, in Michigan, if you don't know who the other driver is, the insurance waves your deductable. Maybe your insurance does this too?

I am so sorry, Anna. That happened to a colleague of mine with her new car that she had for 2 months. Her insurance covered it but the deductible wasn't taken care of even with the damage. I hope it is better for you.

Maybe he didn't show up for work so he could fix his car. Good luck with it!!

How rotten! Accidents happen, but at least people could be honest about it!

Is there any way you can find out where this person lives? If the foreman thinks he knows who did it, surely he could give you a name? It wouldn't hurt to check it out anyway. If he did take the day off to have it fixed, it wouldn't be too hard to find out where he took it to have it fixed.

Anna, I know how upsetting that can be. The same thing happened to me while I was at an eye doctor appointment last summer. Hit me in the same spot, $1500 damage, and they never caught the guy. At least you have an idea who might have done this. I hope they find him.

Jeri

So sorry to hear about that Anna. People can be terrible sometimes!!!

One time RayAnne and I came out of the library and were getting in our car to leave. (we were paralle(sp) parked) and this little ole lady in front of us was trying to get out. She hit my car which made my open door hit me and jarred RayAnne pretty good.

The lady proceded to leave. Man I bolted at her car and started smaking it with my hand to get her attention. She stopped and I told her what she did. "She said I had to get out" No apology or anything. Like she couldn't have waited for me to pull out if she was having troubles.

P.S. Anna, That is one big cat on your Avatar. LOL

Well i'm going to have to pay my $250 deductible to get my car fixed but i've got good news. I got the guys address (by being sneaky) and looked up directions to his house so this after noon i'm gonna try to find the car and take pictures of it. Wish me luck cuz if i get them I can take him to court .. but he probably wouldn't show up cuz i think he is here illegally. I'll just have to wait and see.

by the way the fat cat in my avatar name is baby. she isn't this fat anymore. but i just love this picture of her trying to blend into the ground and hide.

Ohhh...a detective among us. That is cool. Good job finding out some info on the guy. But be careful. He has proven himself a dishonest person, let's hope that is all he is.

Bummer on the $250 deductible. I am certain that could have been spent on some minis.

Beautiful Cat. I love cats of all kinds.

Sorry that the guy didn't leave his info - that's clearly wrong - but you'd take someone to court over such a minor bump? I wouldn't waste the $250 to have it fixed. The car functions right - then perhaps you can celebrate the imperfection - after all just think of the resources you will use if you had it fixed. You can feel good about that and spend the $250 on minis!

Lisa R.

Oh I feel your pain, we had something similar happen to DH truck but our police was to lazy to even look, should have been easy the guy left his bumper and part of a fender and light behind when he left. (Happened when we were away and the guy ran off the road and hit the truck hard enough to turn it around.)

Poor Anna, I'm so sorry to hear that this happened to you!!! I'm really glad that you weren't hurt, though, and I wish you luck in whatever you decide to do about the poopyhead that hit you. Just remember, karma is a powerful thing

*bearhugs*

I had the neighbors teenage kid back into my car and smashed in 2 doors and the middle pillar while backing out of their driveway. I know it was her. They denied it and said the damage to their car had happened weeks earlier. Police wouldn't do anything. Thank goodness for no fault insurance. No deductible for hit and run in Michigan.

that stinks!

maybe the other driver didn't know there was damage to your car ?? maybe.

i hope you are able to track the fellow, and at least get an apology, if not some payment.

Well he showed back up to work last night so he could get his paycheck. I arrived early this morning and started taking pictures as proof. The rear quarter panel on his car has a white paint all over it and his car is dark blue. As he went to clock out this morning I asked him to come into the front office where I would have witnesses. I asked him about the car and he said he didn't know he hit me. I told him that it is a misdemeanor in the state of Georgia to hit a vehicle and leave the scene. But when I asked for a copy of his license and registration he suddenly couldn't speak english anymore and had to have an interpreter. When I told him how much it would cost to fix my car he wanted to see it so I showed him the car but he didn't believe that it would cost that much to fix. So after the interpreter came in and started telling him everything, he said he has insurance and a license but didn't have a copy of either on him but he would bring it tomorrow. He also admitted to her that he hit me. I told him I was going to take him to civil court for the matter and he asked if there was any way he could work out a payment plan so he wouldn't have to go to court. So I'm pretty sure he is here illegally. I had him sign a statement stating that he hit my car on 2/5/07 and that he would bring in his license and registration tomorrow and that he is willing to pay for all damages. The interperter also signed it. and I had it legally notarized. And if he doesn't show back up tomorrow then the front office will pull his personal file that has a copy of his license. So it looks like I'm all set to get this settled.

I got my insurance estimate yesterday from State Farm and they estaimated the total cost for repair to be $1,362.