Arbor contest

heidiiiii

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No ideas at all. I wish somebody would start a thread of "discarded ideas, free for the stealing", or something. I'm just not creative...got nervous when I started the most minor of kit-bashing with my Garfield. Anyway.. there's time. I'll think of something, maybe. :wave:

I don't mind sharing ideas that I'd entertained for the arbour kit:

1. I thought of building it just inside a clay (or other) planter that was turned on it's side. The idea was to make it the entrance into a fairy/elf garden. You could use lots of mosses, mushrooms and trailing greenery. Maybe even a sign "Elves Garden".

2. The arbour could be incorporated into a card scene. The card background could be painted to look like the outer wall of an igloo. The arbour could be painted an icy blue white with sparkles and glittery icicles hanging. I'd probably stick to whites and icy blue colours with lots of shimmer.

3. The heart in the arbour brings love to mind. I also tinkered with the idea of "first love" ... either a boy/girl children, teddy bears, cats/dogs or other animals. I'd have used white as a basic "pure" colour, and would have added lace and only one red item...either a small heart or a red rose or a red box of chocolates.

Those are a couple of thoughts that I'd had for themes. If anyone else wishes to use them I don't mind as I've already settled on something else.

-Susanne

I'm sitting here holding the arbor pieces, hoping to absorb some thing, I was sure as soon as I opened the package it would tell me what to do. But its being very quiet, just staring back at me. I hate it when it does that. Maybe I have to start building it before it talks to me?

Love your ideas Missymew. Only have one idea yet. What ever I do has to go with the colors I already painted it. When I order I ordered 2 so I could do the contest and still have one for my house. Don't have a lot of room for minis but I figure I could always give up something. What I don't know. Can't even sew cause have minis on my sewing table. This room just is'nt big enough.

Another idea just hit me. :( If I come up with any more I'm share the ones I don't use.

Good luck everyone.

I have a teaser...Red..

Rofl

I have a one idea that I scrapped b4 I came up with this one that anyone can use.

A wedding scene.

That was one of the ideas I decided not to use as well. I figured someone else might do it and I don't have enough dolls to do it.

I also thought of a dinner outside with a table in the middle of the arbor. Maybe even make it a proposal dinner since it seems so love themed with the hearts.

I also could see a young girl playing house in it.

I'm keeping my favorite two to myself though. In case the one I'm trying doesn't work, I'll have a back up.

Good luck everyone!!

Carrie those are great ideas :( I thought about a wedding scene as well.. but i went with the one that caleb liked best :banana:

after 3 days part of my "scene" is finally dry! took it long enough :( but im still not tellin :banana:

I cant wait to see everyones pics!! I wish we could take more than 1 pic... its going to be hard to find that "one" right pic...

Oh I was thinking the same thing Jenny.

I am going to have to stage it just so. I want to be able to have everything in the frame so they can see it all.

I had another wonderful idea (though I'm still staying with the one that I'm not sharing):

The arbour could be a "shelter from a storm". The backdrop could be a raging summer storm with rain (maybe even lightning ... depends how good an artist (or how good of a backdrop picture you could find). The arbour would have to be sheltered over by at least one big tree branch to prevent the figure/figures who are sheltering from the storm from getting wet. The figures don't have to be people - they could be birds, or animals.

Ooooh ... I can just picture this one.

-Susanne

I broke my arbor punching it out.. I think I was able to fix it so please becareful! LOL

All is punched out and sanded and I think I have an idea!! LOL

It was talking to me while I was watching General Hospital today..

It was talking to me while I was watching General Hospital today..

The original Luke and Laura wedding??

I got to stay home from school to watch that!

One of my decorating ideas hit a snag. I have to re-work the idea so that I dont become obsessive about it`s results! Grrrrrr

One of my decorating ideas hit a snag. I have to re-work the idea so that I dont become obsessive about it`s results! Grrrrrr

Now, :jump1: is ther eanything we can help out in to "un-snag" it perhaps, by any chance or way.....

Seriously, I do hope you get it solved so that you are happy with it! And you know if you want to chat about the idea in an open way just you mail awai :blink:

Hugs

I am still waiting for the delivery ... I feel like I can't start the project until I have the kits ... I have a few ideas, but until I see/hold it in my hands, I can't decide for sure on which to do. A few of my ideas have been thrown out as "discards" by others in this thread, so now I'm wondering if they're still do-able. I would hate to do the same thing as someone else ... which is very possible, as it seems we often come up with similar suggestions here! I do have a favourite idea in mind - I just don't know whether I can pull it off. :blink:

A few of my ideas have been thrown out as "discards" by others in this thread, so now I'm wondering if they're still do-able. I would hate to do the same thing as someone else ... which is very possible, as it seems we often come up with similar suggestions here! I do have a favourite idea in mind - I just don't know whether I can pull it off. :blink:

Jackie ... even if we all did the same theme, there would be as many variations as there are projects. I can think of about seventy-'leven ways to do "wedding", for example, and you can probably think of as many more.

How do YOU see the arbor? That's the direction to take. Don't worry about not pulling off your favorite idea --- you're probably your own worst critic (as are many of us) and, in fact, it will turn out fine, maybe even GREAT! :jump1:

You GO, girl! :wub:

even if we all did the same theme, there would be as many variations as there are projects. I can think of about seventy-'leven ways to do "wedding", for example, and you can probably think of as many more.

That is so true each one of us could do the same theme but be totally different because of how we see it in our minds. That's what makes this hobby so much fun. :blink:

Ideas??? Ya' need ideas? Here ya go:

Haunted Arbor theme

You can make furniture

Love birds having a secret meeting at the park

Arbor by the stream

Arbor by a pond

Arbor by a waterfall

Arbor Picture frame

Anniversary Scene

Valentines day seen

It can be part of another structure

Fantasy Fairy Arbor

Carnival Scene

Medieval Heart arbor

Sci-Fi Portal (hey, it's my imagination :jump1:)

I think I kept these generic enough to inspire your own imaginations :blink:

When I need an idea i like to just stop what I am doing and not think about it at all. Then sometimes I have a brain gas emission and BINGO I have an idea.