Arbor contest

heidiiiii

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure inspiration will strike, Blondie - probably when you least expect it! :congrats: You may end up with the most original entry, simply because you don't have lots of accessories already. Making everything yourself is a good thing!

I just feel kinda bad because I haven't been mini-ing long enough to have lots of dolls and accessories. :congrats: I'm going to have to be creative! Still thinking--no inspiration has hit yet.

Think printies.

Also it's amazing how many Mini flowers you can find on a single flower stem at Michaels or Walmart. When you go down the flower isle, think Mini!!

:congrats:

LOL!! ... I eyeball every stem whenever I'm in a flower department. I I think I have enough stashed to recreate the Garden of Eden!

Don't feel bad Blondie, you have company! I've only been doing this since about June... And aside from the swaps I've done here, I haven't assembled anything, so this is all new to me. In fact, last night I learned why everyone says clamps are a must, as I strung purple yarn around my arbor to hold the glue! This is definitely going to be a much needed learning experience...

I also agree with everyone about the flower parts. And AC Moore and Michaels around here are always having 40-50% off sales on their florals.

I have my idea... I seem to be having more brainstorming time (here at work) than time to work on it - so I have a bunch of ideas about details but will be lucky if I have time to do a fraction of them!! Ack! But I've got a couple sketches drawn up, some pictures downloaded for details and most of the supplies I think I'll need thanks to AC Moore's floral sale, the Dollar Store's craft department and the clay leftovers from the swaps!

I also agree about duplicated arbor ideas - just glancing through the original thread, it looks like there could be upwards of 40 submissions!! Definitely going to be a few repeat themes in there!

For a first try at any kind of dollhouse kit, I'm surprised to say I decided to take on a little bashing. So far so good... But that's all I can say about that.

I just feel kinda bad because I haven't been mini-ing long enough to have lots of dolls and accessories. :congrats: I'm going to have to be creative! Still thinking--no inspiration has hit yet.

I got mine today!! Yippee!!!!

I broke my arbor punching it out.. I think I was able to fix it so please becareful!

Thanks for the "heads up" on that - I've been "gentling" the pieces out, instead of punching them ... ;) No breakages so far - touch wood!

I recieved mine and I have 2 waiting for the glue to dry to start playing with

I have 2 ideas so Im going to see which I like the best!

these arbors are wonderful!

nutti ;)

Ohhhh, can't wait to see what you do Nutti!!!!!

I will take mine out of the packet today and sand the edges, and have a nice little chat to see if it agrees with me...

Hugs

I have glued and finished painting mine a couple days ago. I am now working on the doo-dads for my idea.

It is going to take me all of the time to finish those.

well i put in a good 2 hours on my entry last ngiht ;) my idea has kind of evolved... hehe... so im actually adding on more work for myself. but the end result will be great i think ;)