2/14/07 What did You Get For Valentines Day?

Minis On The Edge

C H O C O L A T E

(and it wasn't really a V-Day present, but our order from HBS arrived ... some exceptional stuff for the general store and the Houseboat. Lynette's right .. the package is huge! .. and the backorder from D i c k Blick arrived, too, so now I have an Easy Cutter!)

BTW, I'm only munching on the candy because I need to get the plastic holder emptied. I see some nifty glue dishes in my future! :o

Edited by KathieB

I got a new finch cage and six new finches . . . two black hooded nuns, two bronze winged mannikins and two silver bills. All that and I get to go out for dinner too!!

I now have 13 finches and 1 canary (plus the four cockatiels, one parrotlet and one Picasso)!

post-267-1171491041_thumb.jpg post-267-1171491063_thumb.jpg

we both got bills, bills and more bills. The 1st payment on our new car is due in a few days. The storage unit we had to rent to put out household items in, needs paid for another month, since the repairs have not been done yet. Darrell brought in our washer and dryer that had been sitting in the back yard for 2 weeks and started to hook them up. UHH oHHH the hot water pipe to the washer is leaking at the valve. Darrell decides to take it of and then install a new one. OH NO the facuet broke off and broke the copper tubing pipe with it. CALL THE PLUMBER. $300 later we hook it up and start to wash a load and the washer is making horrible noises but washing, Put the clothes in the dryer and OMG it is turning but not heating. Later this evening we may go to Sears and buy a new washwr and dryer. And we also had to have a glass man out to fix a window my son broke. $90 to replace a 25 X 26 piece of glass. It has been an expensive day.

Trying to fix the house after the fire is ending up costing us more then if we had just moved. The consolation is it will look very nice and the house will have a lot of new stuff when we are done.

Melissa

Well, I think that Melissa needs lots of VDay hugs from us all (as well as a winning lottery ticket.....)

Vday for us has been postponed, as we're in Boston (family emergency, but is all good now). Eric says he has something planned but it has to wait, and he won't even give me a hint as to what it is...that's ok, I don't mind waiting. Hope everyone here had a wonderful and happy Vday

:flowers: and :hug: to all my awesome friends here!

Today I got a big breaky...hubby came home from work this morning and cooked and made a huge mess in the kitchen.

We did our celebrating on Monday which was our anniversary for which I was spoiled....a half dozen red roses, a 1carat diamond band to match my wedding band, dinner gift certificates and truffles.

Happy Valentines everyone!!

<pointing to avatar> I got a pink, singing frog! <giggling> It's kind of a tradition for us. I don't know how Bruce finds them, but I have an extremely large collection of singing frogs. I collect frogs anyway and one year Bruce found a singing frog for Valentine's Day. Ever since then, he's managed to find a different one every year. (and one year I got an extra........a singing mouse holding a rose)

One of the things I love the most about Bruce is that he makes me laugh. When he came home last night with a pink, singing frog sticking out of his coat, I ended up rolling on the floor.

Deb

2 dozen roses, 1 of which was brought to me at work by Jimmy, two new valentine critters (stuffed animals) that play music, one of which was wearing a new diamond necklace, and the other one wearing a new pink sapphire necklace.

:flowers: Not sure I should post what I got. Most everyone got romantic type things. Well, I got a new soldering kit a few days before Vday, so that was my gift. Not very romantic, but it was what I wanted. I did get a very nice card and we spent the day together doing things around the house. DH has a birthday next week, so we will celebrate again.

the plastic holder emptied
After you get done unmolding all those glue glass dishes you can spray the individual cups silver or gold to use for mini food displays.

DH ordered me the knitting book Jeri posted about and then bought my a necklace of carved elephant beads to match a pair of earrings I have. I cooked him one of his favorite dinners.

I got Madeline the usual stuff...flowers,candy,supper. Today a box came, late due to snow, but it was a pair of binoculars with a built in digital camera!! She said that I could use it when I'm out on emergency calls or doing my river ice watching. I had some ideas of my own, but she didn't think they were good unless I like sleeping in my shop!!! I'll never understand her!

Valentine's Day brought a bad mix of winter weather. The Federal Gov't gave us the choice of coming in two hours late or using a vacation day to stay at home. Went to let the dogs out and saw the storm had caused the sleet, ice and snow to drift 1 1/2 feet high at the back door, and two feet high at the front door. We decided it was nuts to go out in that, so we stayed home and spent Valentine's Day together. True we spent much of it chopping ice and shoveling. Because it was mostly ice, it took me the better part of an hour just to shovel my way out of both doors. At least we spent the day together. And we have a big box of Govida chocolates to share!

After you get done unmolding all those glue glass dishes you can spray the individual cups silver or gold to use for mini food displays.

DH ordered me the knitting book Jeri posted about and then bought my a necklace of carved elephant beads to match a pair of earrings I have. I cooked him one of his favorite dinners.

Holly,

I am so thrilled you are getting the knitting book! You will love it! I made the copy of the combinations pattern, and even though you might get your book around the same time, I'm still sending it. I like to mark and make notes all over my patterns as I work them, so I always work from copies in order to keep my pattern books pristine.

Thanksl, Jeri, I don't mark mine up, I usually use a post-it note sheet and move it under the row I'm working on. Right now I'm stitching, not knitting; I'm making a birth sampler for my Precious and the linen is such a fine weave the double floss is too thick for Xstitch, so I'm doing petitpoint. Just her name will take over a week, each letter has a flower & leaves & takes four colors. I'm trying to work within her nursery palette, since she'll be in it for the next two years.