Peter Pan & Great Value - Peanut Butter Recall

jeninky

Heads up, if you have a jar of Peter Pan or Great Value Peanut Butter starting with

Product code 2111, it could contain Salmonella. See the link below for more

information.

http://www.wiky.com/Article.asp?id=335815&spid=

If consumers have this product, they should discard it, but save the product lid.

For a full refund, consumers must return the Peter Pan Peanut Butter or Great Value

Peanut Butter product lid along with their name and mailing address to ConAgra Foods,

P.O. Box 57078, Irvine, CA 92619-7078.

Consumers with questions or concerns about the recall can call the 24-hour toll-free

hotline at 866-344-6970. For more information about salmonella, visit www.ific.org.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070216/ap_on_...tter_salmonella

We eat low-fat crunchy peanut "spread" and buy a LOT, since the low-fat only seems to come in smaller jars, and the jar we've been eating out of lately is, guess what? Peter Pan, and the lid code is 2111... Since we last ate out of it Tuesday AM we will know by tonight (actually last night, but we're giving it a full 72 hours). We'll keep the lid in any event, for the refund (so we can go out and buy a jar of Jif or Publix brand of low-fat crunchy peanut butter!).

I returned 2 jars of it today, dh is diabetic and we buy the sugar free Peter Pan. Can you believe they knew about this 6 months ago but couldn't pin point the problem so they couldn't notify anyone, that is what they said on our news. Now I know why we've felt pretty odd lately. Now I'm in the market for sugar free again.

I have one of those jars of peanut butter too. A few weeks ago, beginning of February, I thought I had picked up a bug because everything I ate ran right through me. It was about the time that I ate a peanut butter & jelly sandwich too.

Bossman says don't throw the jar away. Have it tested. If you throw it away and you want to get in on a lawsuit, you've thrown your evidence away.

Skippy creamy and chunky all the way here......

I am telling you, what the heck are we going to be able to eat. Nothing is safe or sacred anymore. Do I have to start growing my own peanuts in the backyard and making the butter myself??

One of the tainted bottles ended up in our cupboard. Lloyd and the younger daughter both ate peanut butter sandwiches and had the worst case of "flu", with sharp pains in the stomach. I had a slightly milder version, but I don't eat peanut butter. The eldest daughter, who doesn't eat peanut butter except as a last resort, has sailed through with no symptoms. I'm thinking there was some contamination with silverware not really scrubbed clean or a countertop transference. I swear the countertops could pile up until you couldn't balance a glas on the rough surface before either of the kids will wipe up anything.

Kathie, that is my house all the way. I so want to like not do any dishes and see how long the kids can survive but I am afraid Child and Family would come in and point the finger at me...LOL