question about ebay disputes

ilovecats

Hi all, a couple of months back someone gave me some advice about ebay disputes. I can't remember who it is and i can't find the post...but this person said to go straight to a claim. I can't figure out how to do that. It doesn't give me an option to do it. I opened the dispute about 30 min ago and have looked all over paypal for infor about going to a claim. Do i have to wait until the seller responds to the dispute? I'd like to move forward on this, but don't know how to proceed.

Here's my story:

I bought a farmhouse 505 several months back. Great transaction however the house may not be complete. I haven't done an inventory on it yet. The kit had been opened by at least one person. It had a low price in marker on the box, this indicated to me that it may have been a yardsale find and the seller sold it to me at a higher price. Not a problem with that either, the seller stated that she didn't know if all the parts were there. Someone started putting it together with what looks like quick grip so the panels are flexible. I'll have to take the pieces apart and start fresh. Not a problem.

On january 13th, i was looking at the "ending soonest" dollhouse/miniatures auctions on ebay and saw a 505 that was ending in 3 minutes with no bidders on it. I had a very quick debate with myself on whether to bother or not since I already had a kit. But when glancing over the description, it said that it had only been opened once to look at the parts, that they are all there. The seller has 100% feedback. The price was great as well...118 total (that includes the shipping)...that's better than i paid for my first kit. I didn't have to think to hard on whether to bid...I bid and won. I paid for it on the 18th. The seller didn't get back to me to say thanks or anything, but that isn't terribly unusual. So i waited (i was going to contact her around that time since i hadn't received the house) and on january 31st i received an email that she had been in a car accident on the 17th and had not sent the house yet. She said that she would send it out in 1-2 days....so I waited. Sort of patiently. Well earlier this week i emailed her to tell her i still had not received the house and could she provide the tracking number. I emailed her again the next day. She waited until yesterday morning to get back with me...thanked me for my patience and had another excuse as to why it had not been sent out. She provided me with a tracking number and told me to check on it in the evening, that she would send it out yesterday morning. So i checked on the tracking number several times last night, then again today around noon. Nope, no record that the house had been received by the post office. I emailed her immediately after that and told her this and that she had until tomorrow morning to either return my money or take the house to the post office. I haven't heard back from her. I have a VERY crazy day at work tomorrow so i decided i'd better open the dispute today. Since this seller is a very very poor communicator and has delayed and lied, i don't think just opening a dispute will capture her attention. I want to escalate this to a claim. I just don't know to go about doing this. Any help would be appreciated. :) Thanks, margarita

I deal a lot on ebay and have disputed a few things. Here lately I've had people with car accidents, I don't know if it's the going excuse or the truth.

The first thing with the delivery confirmation, some don't show up until it's delivered, I've had that happen sending and receiving. If you paid with PayPal go to paypal first and file the dispute with them. go into Paypal to the resolution center and start there with all your information. They are really good at getting your money back. If you paid in a different manner then you have to go into the community at ebay tab enclosed. I hope it works. Of course the person could be telling the truth, I've always tried to give the person the benefit of the doubt. I hope I helped you a little.

Brenda

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/questions/pr...on-program.html

Hi Brenda, thanks for the reply. :) I paid via paypal so i opened the dispute with them. i just remember that someone here on this site indicated that it doesn't really help to just open the dispute because it's just you and the seller trying to communicate, it's when you file the claim that paypal will review the situation and make a decision. So far this seller has been very poor about keeping in contact so I can't count on the fact that she will even respond to the opened dispute. She still has not tried to contact me today, or even to follow up from her email from yesterday to say she had actually mailed the kit out. I'm really doubting that she has and is just avoiding me. I have given her the benefit, but the poor communication especially this week (she even acknowledged to me in her email that she avoided my email from earlier this week) is frustrating and leaves me feeling a little uneasy. Here's where my instincts are kicking in. She had another excuse as to why the house wasn't mailed out yet...well for the timeframe she was giving the excuse for is not acceptable. That gave her a week in between her email on 1/31 and the time of her next excuse to have sent the kit out.

When i emailed her earlier, I said that I was sorry that she was having a bad month, but that surely she could have found some time since my payment to actually get to the post office. I hope she thinks about that comment. I'm not stupid. On the other hand I can be overly sympathetic and I don't want to get taken in, she could just be putting me off...which is the feeling i'm getting now.

I'm doubting this person now so that is why i didn't want to wait another week to open the dispute. I'm just not getting a good feeling about this person. I could be wrong, but since she has been bad with promises and poor communication, i have to protect myself. :D Thanks for your input Brenda :dog:

You can escalate to a claim by clicking on the disoute button in paypal and view the claim. There should be a buton that will say, exscalte this dispute to a claim. Click that :)

Thanks Tracy, i'll give it a try!

did that take you to where you need to be on eBay?

i'[m sorry! -- that sounded snippy, and i didn't mean to be.

tracy, what i mean is, would it help to file a claim for "item not received" and ask for help through eBay?

i don't know jack about paypal. did registering the dispute with Paypal also take care of registering a problem within the eBay dispute resolution/ claim system?

Thanks Tracy, I was able to escalate the dispute to a claim. In a way I feel bad, in another way, i feel irritated that she has not communicated well with me and that i have had to resort to this.

Well, off to bed, i have to work tomorrow and i have a very strong feeling i will have a hectic, awful day tomorrow. I hope it will be better than i anticipate. :)

I have had to file 4 this year already. 3 people did admit they did not have the item I bidded on. Even though I paid, they could not even give me the consideration to refund my money OR communicate. Once I file a claim with paypal, I had my money in 2 days all three times. The last person I am waiting on :)

I hope you can get somewhere with this. You usually only have 30 days to file a complaint and you are past that. I just bought something and after waiting several weeks, I sent an unkind email and then some of the items arrived broken. I am debating whether to leave negative feedback. The items should not have broke.

I had to file a claim recently on an item I never received. I kept sending the seller a message and never received a reply. I had noticed that the seller was dormant from the time I bought the item and wondered what had happened to them. Like you I wantd to give the benefit of the doubt but finally got impatient and filed a claim. I had to wait 2 weeks to see if the seller would reply but never did even thought paypal was involved. I did get my money back. Paypal is great for that but they usually give the seller some time to react. Good luck I hope it works out for you.

I had a problem with my very first dh. I waited and waited and waited. What made me file a claim was that the guy was getting feedback from ppl and he was selling and mailing and still didnt mail mine.

I put in a dispute with Ebay and he shot right back saying his computer was down (bull#(#*) and that dh arrived at my house by Fedex the VERY next day.

He must have cared about his score.

Well....guess what arrived today.... ;) :D :thumb:

Yep. there was my dollhouse kit in the garage when i got home from work.

I feel a little bad about starting this dispute thing..

But then again I DON"T!!!! I was frustrated because she lied, and didn't communicate. I had to look out for my interests ($)....

She still hasn't communicated with me.

I emailed her to say thank you and to tell her that i wouldn't leave her any feedback at all because if i did, i would have to leave her negative and since i don't like leaving negative, in this particular instance I just wouldn't leave feedback at all. I also told her that her poor communication and misleading me lead up to this and that to make me feel better it would be nice if she would refund the cost of the shipping. I know she won't do that, but i hope i made her feel bad. Hopefully she won't do this again.

The dollhouse REEKS of cigarette smoke...which i smelled before i sent the email. I think that gave me the little nudge to throw in the little comment about refunding the shipping. I'm still a little irked but glad i have the kit.

At least the kit appears to be complete!

I am so happy you got your house! I am sorry it smells of smoke though. At least now you got your house though. Leave it opend (the box) in a place where the sun can shine on it, I have found that , that can get rid of smoke odors very well. :ohyeah:

I am so happy you got your house! I am sorry it smells of smoke though. At least now you got your house though. Leave it opend (the box) in a place where the sun can shine on it, I have found that , that can get rid of smoke odors very well. :ohyeah:

And stuff the box with dryer sheets. They absorb odors.

Glad you got the kit!

some of the items arrived broken. I am debating whether to leave negative feedback. The items should not have broke.

I frequently have problems with items arriving broken--usually due to improper packing. Once I had someone wrap some glasses in newspaper, just a single wrap, to ship it across country--no other packing materials used whatsoever. Of course they all broke! Insurance does not cover improper packing either. I have a rule--if the item breaks just because it happened that way, I take a loss. If it breaks due to someone's stupidity or uncaring in packing, they get negative feedback from me. If they gouge me with shipping, especially if they charge me for priority and insurance and then ship parcel post and don't insure, they also get negative feedback from me. I hate being that way, but it gets old after a while.

I also told her that her poor communication and misleading me lead up to this and that to make me feel better it would be nice if she would refund the cost of the shipping. I know she won't do that, but i hope i made her feel bad. Hopefully she won't do this again.

Okay, that little tactic, although it was a fishing expedition had a negative effect.

She just sent me a rude little email in which she had the ole pitty party for herself going in full force. She basically told me that my concerns on the subject are minimal compared to hers. Obviously she doesn't see herself in the wrong. I paid my hard earned money to her and i'm s'posed to float like a leaf in the wind while she lets her personal life dictate when she will take care of business. She shouldn't bother selling on ebay if she isn't going to take it seriously. She said that her conscience is clear. Well, okay...it's not like she commited murder this is true. It's bad business. I didn't just decide that i would "GIVE" her money just cuz she's such a nice person. It really comes down to poor communication. She couldn't even acknowledge that.

I almost emailed her back, but I don't think my point will get across to her. Obviously my point of view means nothing, she just can't see where i'm coming from. I still would like make a couple of points with her, but i know it won't do any good, it would just make me feel satisfaction. Obviously what i have said in other emails the last day or so hasn't made any impact on her. She did challenge me to leave her negative feedback. Altho at this moment it is tempting and deserved, i don't think that i will. I said i wouldn't so i wont'. grumble....

At least the kit arrived.....:ohyeah:

You got the dh that is the most important thing.

I personally would just let it go and make a note to never ever ever buy anything from that seller ever again!

So glad you got it!!!

I am glad you got your dollhouse too. It is awful that a seller can behave like that. If your personal life is in such turmoil, you shouldn't be selling on ebay. I understand that stuff happens, but to treat a buyer with so much disrespect is totally uncalled for. I work in retail and I would be out of a job if I treated my customers the way you were treated. Even when I know something is the fault of the customer <not to imply anything was your fault>, I try and give them the benefit of the doubt because I want them to leave the store happy because then they will come back. I was told one time that even if we lose a little money on one sale, that customer coming back is the most important thing. So, by disregarding your feelings and concerns, this particular ebay seller has lost a customer and thus the potenial for any more sales to that person.

One the issue of the smoke smell, Oust is pretty good too. I know there are some formulas made specifically for removing smoke oders. Good luck with that.