02/24/07 What's Your Bad?

LPCullen

Talking to my dollhouses is a sure way to get hubby to give me that look :ohyeah: (As if he did not know I was crazy before we said "I do")

He hates Cabbage too. So if I cook it he have that weird look on his face through out dinner cause he does not like to see it on my plate :lol: I LOVE cabbage

Mine is kind of odd. Jimmy never buttons his sleeves, unless he has to. He likes to wear those quilted flannel jackets, and I like to wear his jackets too, LOL! Problem is, I always button the sleeves when I wear them, and then he'll put on one that I have worn and he can't get his hands through the sleeves! Drives him crazy. His way around that is to take the buttons off, and of course that means I won't wear it because I can't button the sleeves ....

PS, I love cabbage too Tracy, and Jimmy hates it ...

One trait my DH shares with his momma is at times he assumes I can read his mind, and when I can't he gets all bent out of shape. This occurs when he's stressed about something. When I'm stressed or very sleepy he says I jabber (probably to stay awake).

Since we both love cabbage (the way I cook it) that's not an issue.

It drives him crazy that I am a perfectionist and when we do projects together he can't stand me knit picking. Also when I talk to my dollhouse and talking back to the TV. He has lots of things that bother him, he dose not like the way I hold my knife when I cutting things up and stand over me til he makes me nervous and then I usually end up cutting myself. Say he knew I was crazy when he married me , but didn't realize just how much.

Two things that drive him absolutely nuts.

He's a logical, straight-forward, get to the point kinda guy - and when he asks a question about something (it can be anything) he likes a very simple, straight to the point answer. Well, sometimes an answer needs an explanation or something beyond a simple one or two word answer. So when I launch into my 20 or 50 word answer he gets awfully impatient and will roll his eyes or make impatient gestures with his hand (waving it, like "hurry up already") He's getting better about just waiting it out till I finish answering in my own manner cause as irritated as my long round-about answers are to him - they don't hold a candle to how frustrated & irritated I get when I feel like whatever I have to say is not so important. When he's irritated, it's a quiet, laid back kinda irritated. When I get irritated, the roof comes crashing down :ohyeah: so he's learning patience with me.

The other thing that drives him nuts is pms. The older I get, the worse it gets. The mood swings part of it I mean. I can go from calm to raving maniac in 0.2 seconds flat. Over absolutely ridiculous things. Things that on any other day would not phase me in the least. Totally irrational during that time. If something makes me angry - it's over the top & way out of proportion to how I should feel about it. My feelings get hurt absurdly easy too during that time period - comments (or lack thereof) that wouldn't affect me in the slightest on any normal day will leave me crying hysterically. The irrational mood swings drive him absolutely nuts - but he's gotten fairly good at riding it out till the storm blows over.

More like, what DOESN'T drive poor Eric nuts.....

I think the thing that bugs him most is my socks..I typically go to bed with socks on, and wake up with no socks on...not really a bad thing, however, my socks tend to end up on his side of the bed, which freaks him out for some reason. He has learned that it's not good idea to talk to me about anything of substance before I'm caffeinated...over the years we've apparently had many conversations when he THOUGHT I as awake but I had no clue about these conversations when reminded of them later, so he knows now to wait until he's seen me have caffeine....let's see, what else? I am quite a character, and I don't know how he puts up with me..... :ohyeah: I'm a workaholic (think I'm weighing in at 4 jobs right now?), I drool heavily in my sleep, I am a pillow hog, and oh lordy, I am dumb as a post when I'm overtired or inebriated.......

This is a pretty funny topic, thanks Linda! :lol:

Right when I come home from work, I always take a quick bath or shower. I've done it ever since I was in college. In winter I do it to warm up, and in warm weather I do it to clean up after a hot day. OTher times, it's just habit. While it takes me around 5 minutes, Dave claims that no one sees me for an hour after I get home do to these "long baths." Ummm, well, if that were true, we'd never eat until after 8pm, so I don't think so.

Oh, the other funny thing is that he's 6'5" and I'm 5' tall. The first year we were married he claimed I don't listen and I claimed he mumbled. We finally figured out there was so much distance between his mouth and my ears that the sound wasn't making it. I guess when I talked he heard because I'm so loud! Anyway, now we know that I have to turn my ear up and he has to talk toward me and we do much better, 11 years later. :ohyeah:

My bad is my temper. Fierce, quick, explosive. And then done. My husband has learned to just step back, let me blow, when I'm done, we can have a rational conversation. Took him a few years (we've been together 42) to figure that out, though! :ohyeah:

His bad is his ...well, two bads...tendency to accumulate EVERYTHING and throw away NOTHING so the house is full of his clutter. Now that what used to be our dining room has turned into my dollhouse workroom, the house is not fit for "company habitation". Oh well. As I said, we've been together for 42 years...you'd think I'd get over this. Or not. :lol:

I don't think I have too many things that drive Michial (dh) crazy, but there is one that I know of for certain. It is when I stir my coffee. I apparently stir and tink, stir and tink, mindlessly. I don't even realize that I am doing it. I will be reading or something and just stir away. It must be true because my ex-husband always said the same thing about the stirring. My defense? It helps cool the coffee enough to drink it. :ohyeah:

I would have to say the only thing that really irritates my DH about me is that I do laundry every single day. I always have even as a young girl and I still do. He thinks I'm crazy, he insists that it doesn't need to be done so often. I'm just neurotic when it comes to cleaning clothes. But what surprises me more than anything is that in 30 years with this man, he really has never given me any idea of the things he dislikes about me. I'm sure there must be hundreds and either he is very good at keeping his feelings to himself or I really don't want to know.

One thing I know that irritates him to no end is I am a flipper. I will have one show on and another show on the back button. Then when a commercial comes on one channel I flip to the next channel.

Drives him nuts. Flip Flop Flip Flop..Woman make up your mind!

One thing I know that irritates him to no end is I am a flipper. I will have one show on and another show on the back button. Then when a commercial comes on one channel I flip to the next channel.

Drives him nuts. Flip Flop Flip Flop..Woman make up your mind!

My DH does this and it drives me crazy!! I guess one thing I do that makes him batty is turning up the heat. We play dueling thermastats in my house. He likes it cool and I like it warm. Oh and when I pull the seat closer in his car and he has trouble getting in after me. Sorry I have short legs!

The most annoying for poor hubby is my inability to say a firm NO to things he thinks takes away too much of my time. I am getting better at it though, but it is still sooo hard.

Hugs

I talk too much when I am sleepy too :ohyeah: (I giggle a lot too then) :lol:

Me too!!

The clutter in the house. He likes things neat and tidy and I like it really messy and cluttered.

That is definitely my thing. I always have lived in clutter and Steve has always lived (with his mother cleaning) in a neat house. The funny thing is that he collects loads of things and he still has all of his grandmother's collections (he grew up living with his mother and grandparents and did until his grandmother died 5 years ago and then it was just his mother until she moved out a month and a half after we were married). I hate dusting all of the little things. At least my collections are easier to dust (teapots, snowglobes and of course dollhouses).

The other thing is he hates the time I spend on the computer. That is part of why I haven't been on as much. I'm trying to watch it when he is home and awake.

The big thing that bothers me is that he is so fidgety. We'll be sitting watching tv or laying in bed and his foot or hand will be moving away and of course bumping into me or shaking everything. He just can't stay still.

dh hates that I seem to take over all the rooms in the house for my "hobbies". (He says!) :) When we moved into our current house 9 years ago I was to have the two rooms in our finished basement for my sewing room and hobby rooms and he was going to get the very large loft in our bedroom for his office. When he saw how I was decorating the basement he decided he needed the space since he was going to consult part time after retiring from his full time job and it would be more convenient for clients. He generously said I could have the loft. Ha, sanding and sawing do not lend itself to an open and fully carpeted room. My sewing has taken over the dining room and our sunroom is now my miniature shop. Tile floors! :p

The big thing that bothers me is that he is so fidgety. We'll be sitting watching tv or laying in bed and his foot or hand will be moving away and of course bumping into me or shaking everything. He just can't stay still.

Oh that is my pet peeve. I call them Jigglers. Stop jiggling! Lay still or you will be on the floor!

haha well im with Tracy, Calebs biggest peeve is probably all my miniature talk. we'll be watching tv and there will be a house on some random show and I'll start talkinga bout how "that feature would like great in one of my houses.. blah ah blah" he just gets this look on his face like "your nuts" lol. # 2 would have to be the fact that i can never keep my work station clean. When he built it for me we had an agreement that when i was finished working for the day i would clean up after myself. but thats just SOoooo hard to do!! lol

Just asked my brother. He said he didnt know then he came up with a few lol.

Me cleaning at nite. I am a channel flipper. And he just doesnt understand why at work I am a decisive person but at home I cant make a decision without thinking lol. Oh yeah he threw another one out. I am too much of a perfectionist.

Now my rebuttle lol.

Cleaning at nite. Well I work during the day.

Channel Flipper I want to see the other show too :lol:

indecisive cause at work for me it is cut and dried at home with minis well I jsut plain dont know lol.

And perfectionism that is just me :music_band:

Hugs,

Bec

My bad? Where to begin.I actually had my poor husband out in the yard beating a tree with a stick once. But John's dead and about 9 years later I met George.Wasn't looking.I t just happened. Anyway, the world accorfing to George is.1. my tunnel vision.I get something in my head or go after something, I don't quit.It can kill me,but if I want something,I'll get it or die trying. 2.stubborness.He says. 3.temper.Yea.I admit that.Growing up in N.J. I got that in your face attitude.Had to have it.Drove a cab in north jersey for 23 years and was never robbed. But it can be dangerous.Like a couple of years ago,G and I were going home from visiting my kids over the holidays and stopped at a light.A chinese couple were standing there and the lady was crying ans asked for a ride because she said her husband tried to choke her and she was afraid.Okay,get in.I was going to take her to the police station and turned around on a side street.Next thing, this fool husband of hers is standing in the road,jumping in front of my car.Can't tell you how that pissed me off.So I got out.I figure he's no bigger than me(5'1,110 lbs.) I can take him. lol. really did it. But g. was hollering get back in the car.Then some guy came along and called the cops. I always was rady to take a beating then turn and run. Kind of messes up their minds now to see a little old lady say I'll kick you a... but remember, I came from a town that ran the N.Y. Guardian Angels out twice. That motto - N.J., where the weak are eaten is true.Of course, I don't consider them faults. It's good to stand up for yourself.Heck with politically correct. bergie

I snore and it drives him crazy, so we play musical beds alot, sometimes he sleeps on the couch sometimes I do, just depends. He also thinks he cleans the house better than I do so I have graciously stepped aside and let him do alot of it.

What drives me crazy about him is he'll get a new shirt and it becomes his favorite, and he feels he needs to wear it everyday! Until I take it from him so I can wash it. Next day he has it on again.I have to check what he's wearing before we leave the house.

I must be the luckiest gal in the world. My DH never says, "I hate it when you..." "This (_____) bugs me about you..." so I was trying hard to come up with something. I had to ask, "What annoys you about me?" And he comes back with, "I don't know. I can't really think of anything." This is why he is a keeper...

So he's either the most insane person in the world, or the dearest! Either way, I had to brag on him a bit because goodness knows I do enough nagging!!