Hello from NC

chris.l

My name is Chris and I work for an ad agency in North Carolina. I stumbled across this site while doing some research for a project I'm working on with my partner. I didn’t know this hobby was so extensive. I’m impressed! Some of the pictures I’ve seen on here are amazing. I look forward to exploring this site, thanks so much!

Welcome to the Neighborhood Chris! Now that sounds like a WONDERFUL project! My Older brother collects guitars and I had thought of doing a roombox for him (never thought to do it inside a guitar though :wave: ) Please take pictures along the way. It sounds Fun!!

Hey, fellow Tarheel, welcome!

i'm in NC, too.

you've found a great place to find out just about anything related to minis. the people on these forums are super - very generous with their help and skill, and they're fun.

:wave:

Wow, thanks so much for the warm welcome.! Here's a quick, q for you NCers: Is there any type of dollhouse 'superstore' in NC (or any kind of dollhouse supply store for that matter)? Since I don't know much about this hobby it might be good for me to just visit and see what kind of stuff is available. I’m in Raleigh/Durham so the closer to that area the better. Thanks!

My sister and her family live in the Raleigh/Durham area. I love visiting them there--of course it could be seeing everyone and getting to play with my nephew. Hmmm, if there is a good dollhouse store near them, I may have to plan a trip down there soon. :wave:

Other than your local Hobby Lobby, I don't think there is a dollhouse store other than the one located in Indian Trail, NC, which is PJs Miniatures. However, most of the NAME people are based in your area, so they would know.

hey, chris,

the AC Moore stores carry a small selection of dollhouses, minis, wiring and lighting, flooring and some mini lumber, and accessories (things like tiny soccer balls, magazines, pots and pans). the stores have a nice selection of craft items, including adhesives and scrapbooking papers that you could use for wallpapering.

eBay is another option. there's a relatively new eBay seller located in NC, called Zoolabees Dollhouse Miniatures.

and there's a place on the coast called Belara Beach Originals that carries a fair variety of things. they're on the web.

if you're in the R/D area then the Hobby Lobby nearest you probably is in Asheboro. i've never been there, don't know what they have in the way of minis in stock.

hope that helps!

Hello and welcome to the forum Chris. I know this frum holds sooo much information so you just might end up as hooked as most of the rest of us are with this addiction. ermmm, hobby...

Mini-hugs