CHICAGO SHOWS

Thanks for adding Ralph! He's already talking about what he's gonna do with my new house...and that's WAY down the road! :wave: I think he's hooked, too...

Yes, picks. And I think green leaves would be appropriate. Or green shamrocks (it IS March, after all), or SOMETHING green, to identify ourselves.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Tracy, you've got a dollhouse kit for me! :wave:

Yeap and I can't to see what you do with it!!

I can't wait to meet everyone. The only person I have met in person is Teresa. I'll see what I can do about creating a "Button" with the Greenleaf Logo on it so we can identify each other. I'll have my apron on or something that says greenleaf. Hobby Lobby had a sale on there T-shirts and I made a Greenleaf T-shirt for myself :thumb:

Y'all ... don't go obsessing over identification! When you get to the restaurant, ask for the Greenleaf table. And whoever gets there first, get a table for 12 (just in case we add others) and tell the host or hostess that the rest are right behind, and one of us is in a wheel chair!

We'll FIND each other! Just look for people who are looking for people! :wave:

I guess I wasn't thinking about finding each other for breakfast, as much as identifying ourselves as "Greenleaf fans" throughout the weekend, as we wander through the various shows. I know some of us have houses other than Greenleafs, but it's here that we've bonded, sort of! :wave:

Anyway...I know we're gonna have fun at breakfast!

Not to fret ... we'll take pictures and then talk about one another back here at the forum ... ... NOT!
LOL! Just remember . . . what happens in Chicago . . . stays in Chicago!! :cheer:

identifying ourselves as "Greenleaf fans"

Hee . . . Hee . . . perhaps we could all wear FIG leaves!! :cheer:

I'm getting so excited . . . only 16 days left!!

hey, i can't wait! and everybody better be dolled up! i'm a shutterbug AND i just got a new digital camera! so beware!

and i LOVE the fig leaf idea! wouldn't be hard to tell who we are then! :cheer:

and does anyone know what the rules are about takin pictures at these shows? is it a no-no or does it depend on the vendors or what?

i'm dustin off my tennis shoes here!

and does anyone know what the rules are about takin pictures at these shows? is it a no-no or does it depend on the vendors or what?

It's always good to ask. At the NAME show (my only show experience), it was okay to photograph the exhibits. I asked the vendors before taking photos; some said okay, some said no.

I'm getting so excited I could burst! I've got my ticket, my money and my list . . . I'M READY TO GO!! Oh, better get the oil changed in the car . . . don't want anything to ruin my trip! :whistle:

Yes, I'm all ready, too. It's about a 3-1/2 hour drive from here, and I SO hope that the weather cooperates. Right now it's SNOWING outside, probably 3 inches have fallen and there's no sign it's gonna stop any time soon! Yikes! Oh well. It'll be gone by then. I hope.

Ooooooooooh, don't even THINK snow! When I lived in the Chicago area (for 30 years!), it seemed as if more years than not we had a snowfall of at least a couple of inches after April 1.

<slipping into lotus position and murmuring "nooo snow, nooo snow, nooo snow ... ">

My husband (yes, his name really IS Ralph) just went out all ready to use the snowblower...to discover the stuff is so light and fluffy, now he's out playing with his leaf blower! GEEZ that thing has an obnoxious sound!!

As for snow: it was 10 years ago this month that we bought the house we're living in. We were supposed to have the closing on March 31. We were living in a city about 2 hours away, and got a frantic call from the real estate agent: "Don't come!! We just had a 10 inch snowfall overnight and there's no way you'll make it here!!" so we had to postponed the closing for a week.

Please lets all hope that doesn't happen THIS year!! But -- I'm COMING. Ain't no piddling snowfall gonna stop ME!!!! (she says, bravely....) :thank_you:

It's lightly snowing here too today. I am so finished with winter it's not even funny! We did get some good news though last night . . . they're coming on April 2nd to start our sunroom! Yippee!! Unless, of course, it snows three feet again by that time . . . oh, perish the thought!

Only 11 days until I head to Chicago! Woo Hoo!!

I am so finished with winter it's not even funny!
You can't see me rolling on the floor laughting my head & rear end off because I remember how gooey y'all were abut winter coming last Fall!

Laugh away, Holly, I was not one of them!! The only thing I like about winter is the fact that I can rest for the upcoming gardening season! :thank_you:

well down here in Mo where I am its still jacket weather but its sunny and Gorgeous.

I do hope this will be you last accumilation for the winter....dont ever want to turn down moisture...we still havent recovered from the drought.

I hear birds chirping

I wouldnt worry about weather...we didnt know what is was or cared when we went!

I wish I could be there also....but maybe next year.

ENJOY! PHOTOS!

nutti :thank_you:

ok positive thinking.... the weather is gonna be beyond beautiful! the temperature....perfect and sunshiney all weekend!!!

i also want to bring something to our breakfast.... i dont think i mentioned that i work for a high-end interior designer...now dont get me wrong....i'm not a designer just an office manager.... anyway.... part of my job is to maintain the library, meaning that i have access to tons and tons of designer samples... most very expensive fabric swatch books...

i talked to the boss yesterday and i'm going to purge our library in the next 2 weeks before i take my vacation. this means that i'm going to be "throwing away" alot of books. most of these go into the garbage can if i dont think i can use them, but if you ladies are interested in fabric sample books i can load up my car and bring them to the show. most of these books are Kravet, Fabricut and Duralee, and i can bring chenielle, damask, wovens and maybe some silk. its gonna be a grab bag depending on what i can get her to part with.

ya'll let me know if you're interested and i'll be happy to bring all that i can fit into my car!

have i mentioned that im really excited about this show? :cheer:

hey it would be MY pleasure... it kills me everytime i have to throw away those books. nice to know someone wants them besides just me...and ive got about all that i can use. i have them tucked into every spare inch of space around here. THIS IS GONNA BE FUN!!!