CHICAGO SHOWS

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm gonna have a car full of books... it was a major purge today an i didnt even make it half way through our library. and all of these books have handles. i just want to make sure that everyone takes them ALL! i dont want to have to stop by the dumpster on my way home!

and im just gonna bring stuff like small prints, stripes, solids....went through the chenielles and drapery stuff today... started on the colors.... then on to velvets and silks. probably goin to be over 50+ books so you guys make sure that you have room in your cars!

and let me know if there is anything that you like in paticular so i can snag it! btw most of these books are 8" x 11", repeat patterns in different colors. make me a list, cos tomorrow i start sorting and dumping!

I've got maybe an additional 15. I don't intend to bring ANY of them home (I've gone through them all and pulled out what I want)...so the hotel dumpster is gonna get FILLED with our refuse!! :D

One of the old friends I'm going to see in Chicago is a quilter. Norma Jeane is a quilter. When they heard there are fabric samples up for grabs ... well, let's just say I have a feeling that any leftover fabric samples will be snatched up in a flash. No need to trouble the hotel's dumpsters ... :wave:

I'm still thinking of identification ... what if we each pin an artificial leaf on a lapel, collar, or such? The leaves don't have to match ... you don't see people walking around imitating trees much, at least not around here! It can be the SECRET SIGN. And if everybody else figures we must be wearing the remnants of a corsage left over from a prom, well ... let 'em! :)

Good plan..the artificial leaf....I'll get one together for sure. Gonna be fun. (in my case, I'll be a bit harder to miss. Think "fat woman in a wheelchair, husband with beard, pushing, being told, "Stop here!! I gotta SEE this!!! " :wave:

Think "fat woman in a wheelchair, husband with beard, pushing, being told, "Stop here!! I gotta SEE this!!! " :)

ROFLMBO!

you gave me flashback to last yr to myself and DH

you are going to have soooo much fun....it does get very crowded and hot in those rooms

so dress lightly.

I WAAAANNNAAAA GOOOOOO!

:wave:

yall sound like we did last yr!

nutti :)

I'm pretty sure I can dig up a fig leaf . . . ummmm . . . make that three BIG fig leaves! LOL!!

Kathie, would you mind giving us an updated list of who's coming for breakfast? Thanks!

I think it's still the same --

evervescent (Andrea)

cwoods (Cindi)

uppitycats (Ann) & DH Ralph

Minis On The Edge (Tracy)

MiniMadWoman (Teresa)

beachpeach (Sharon)

KathieB (Kathie) & Norma Jeane

If there are any other spouses or friends to add, please post. :wave:

There are 9, but I think I suggested that whoever gets there first ask for a table for 12 with wheelchair access. We may meet someone interested in the forum who we'd like to invite along to breakfast. And if we don't use the extra 3 seats, it won't matter. Besides, we're going to need some room to work on the fabric books!

DH spent yesterday afternoon having new tires put on the van so Norma Jeane and I will have a safe ride. They really weren't all that worn, but we'd talked about replacing them before we set off on a long western trip this summer. He decided to do it sooner rather than later.

I've got a notebook full of Mapquest maps and directions, motel reservations made. Still looking for someone to drive the getaway car when we hit the bank, but should have that under control by Monday. :(

At one time in my life we owned an Alfa Romeo, great little Italian convertible sports car, pricey, bright bright red. We used to joke about using it as a getaway car. We figured the police wouldn't believe the eyewitnesses. :(

has anyone checked on the shuttle for the other shows next weekend? is everyone planning to do just the tom bishop and goin home on sunday, or are you hanging around for the smaller shows? i'd like to see at least one other show besides the international next weekend. what is everyone else planning?

My husband and I are coming down on Friday and will do one of the small shows Friday afternoon, our group breakfast on Saturday, another small show on Saturday, then come back to the BIG show late Saturday and stay for awhile on Sunday (the smaller shows aren't on Sunday, I don't think.) Then head home in time to get my fingers ready to click on the 50% sale on Monday!! :flowers:

I use a wheelchair and usually the shuttles aren't real accessible, so I've corralled my husband as chauffeur between the shows. I'm staying at the Hyatt where the Bishop show is, so he may decide he's had enough of dollhouses by Sunday, so I might be doing that alone on Sunday. Since we're picking up two kits (and have a small car!) I don't think we'll have room for a passenger...or I'd offer to take someone else. I hope the shuttles work for folks!

We will be in the area from Wednesday evening, visiting friends in Naperville, but will come to Schaumburg Friday morning and plan to see both of the smaller shows that day.

We will be staying at the Hawthorne Suites, an alternate Bishop Show hotel, Friday and Saturday nights; too late in booking to get into the Hyatt.

We'll have breakfast with the group on Saturday and spend the day at the Bishop Show. We'll stay overnight Saturday and may or may not return to the Bishop Show on Sunday.

On Sunday we'll drive south of Chicago (to Monee) to visit my sister & niece, then head on back home on Monday. I'm bringing the laptop so we won't miss Ernie's 50% sale on Monday!

We'll have the van and plan to drive to each of the show sites, so anyone who wants to join us is welcome. We're also free for dinner Friday night.

I'm driving to Chicago on Wednesday morning, as I have a class all day Wednesday and Thursday and a half day class on Friday. I'm staying at the Hyatt Wednesday and Thursday nights and at another hotel Friday night. Breakfast Saturday morning, maybe a little more show and then home.

I went and got my oil changed yesterday and you wouldn't believe what they found in the air filter housing! It was jammed full of corn, sunflower seeds and peanuts . . . some mouse or chipmunk was very happy this winter. No wonder why my car was lagging . . . it was gasping for air. Anyway, that's taken care of, full tank of gas and car washed. . . I'm ready to go!!

Hey, Teresa, I didn't realize you were a Wisconsinite too! Maybe we should start a Wisconsin mini-club or somethin'!

Anyway. . yes, mice seem to love to nest in cars. In our case, it was my husband's truck, but it was idle a good part of winter. I'm surprised the little guys nested in your "working" car! I'm glad you got them evicted! :flowers:

Me too!! Where are you uppitycats?

I'm near Wautoma. But I do some consulting in Madison, and for awhile, was commuting there at least 2 x week. (I'm assuming you're in the Middleton that is near Madison, right?) :flowers: