March 4, 2007 Music

Oh my gosh!!! Well if this is not a wake up call that I need a life of my own.....

Crayola's 50 songs for Children :) But......anytime Izzy is getting out of sorts I just play it and she is nice and quiet...has worked ever since she was 4 months old and had to take her on a 14 hour drive to my Son's baseball Championships. I never play CD's in the house hardly ever....don't ask me why....maybe it is always too loud with kids and dogs etc. Time for MOM to take back the stereo lol

I dont have or use a cd player . I do have a Ipod Nano that I use daily. I have a lot of Cd's on that and a few other things including pics of the Greenleaf houses I have built. I would say the CD I listen to the most is a tie between the soundtrack from Phantom of the Opera, and Enya's A Day Without Rain album

Melissa

Enya is beautiful....I remember the Who can say.... song came out while I was on my honeymoon with my first husband...we tried for the whole trip all over the US to catch who sang that song....I ended up playing it at his funeral 12 weeks later.

At first that song made me cry everytime I heard it...believe me it got lots of play...now I smile and remember our frustration at trying to identify the artist and our joy of listening to her beautiful tantric voice. Thanks for making me smile Melissa!!! :)

I have I-tunes on my computer and I have Phantom of the Opera (Which I was listening to last night). We even have the dance mix of the phantom of the opera by Harajuka (the girls lovethat version of that song :))

:wave: What cd have you got on your cd player right now? :)

<thanks Missymew for thinking of this one and sending it to me>

Right now Creedence Clearwater Revival's "Cosmo's Factory" is in my car cd player. There isn't one in the house cd player since hubby watches tv when he's home and I listen to http://pandora.com radio in my studio.

Pandora is cool radio. You add "stations" of your favorite artists and then they play other similar aritsts. The best part is if they play stuff you don't like you can tell it thumbs down and they won't play it anymore.

Kathy

nothing in the CD player right now but the radio station was tuned into National Public Radio last nite for Garrison Keelor's, A Prairie Home Companion. its my saturday nite ritual and ive been listening to him since i was in high school. finally got to see the show live in Ravinia last summer. it was awesome and i got to scratch that off of my list of things to do before i die!

We don't have a CD player either. With all the computers, we don't seem to need one. The music I listen to is so varied, that you would probabley all fall off your chairs laughing at me. :flowers:

Now, in my dvd player on the laptop, I have The Sims 2. I seldom actually "play" the game. Usually I just get on and build houses. Odd, yes I know, but it was what kept me going until I bought my first dollhouse kit. :cheer:

Lordy, I have odd taste in music....I peeked at my MP3 player (not an Ipod...couldn't afford one, but my lil Insignia works just as well). I've got a whole range of stuff from Mozart's horn concertos to 80's hair bands to Top 40 stuff to soundtracks to old-school techno to just about anything you could think of (no opera or rap though, not terribly big on 'em)

In the dvd tray on the laptop, something of Eric's I think, ah yes, the game Fear that I got him a few years ago for Christmas

uh-oh. none. :flowers: i seldom turn the thing on. if i do, i listen to B.B. King or Annie Lennox, or Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Armstrong, Jonah Jones, Lionel Hampton, some bop, some swing, R & B, Bonnie Raitt, like that.

i've been listening in the car to Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. keeps the mind busy.

before that, some Raymond Chandler books read by Elliot Gould. Elliott has a nice delivery and an interesting accent -- the cops are "pleece" -- and there's nothing like a little Noir to jazz up the commute.

dh is watching the news so I can't listen to anything but normally it is one of my friend's (Kevin So) cds. Actually we are going to see him live tonight. He is just kicking off a cross country tour for his newest CD. I love his work and he works his butt off to try to make in the music world. Anyone interested can hear some of his music on Kevin So or on myspace if you search for him.

Besides that it is usually easy listening like Josh Groban or something from the 80's or such.

I have made myself a cd of some old hits fome the 80's with songs like Come on Eileen, She Blinded me with Science ,Mexican Radio, I eat Cannibals then I will put in old country next with hits from Connay Twitty and Jonny Cash

In my truck I have Sarah Brightman - her Eden cd. In my cd player here next to my desk i have Minnie Driver -Everything i've got in my pocket. I think i'll replace that today with Schiller -Leben. :flowers:

The last CD I listened and mini'd to was Gordon Lightfoot on Sunday afternoon. But like BlueUni, you can find me listening to just about anything. Some of my favorite CDs are Ramones, Tom Petty, Dean Martin, Hank Williams, Patsy Cline. Queen, Little Feat, Bare Naked Ladies, Glen Campbell, the soundtrack to My Fair Lady, the Who, Roger Miller, Waylon Jennings, Johnny Rivers, Cream, my 70s Funk compilation...well you get the idea.

Sunday nights are reserved for listening to a local radio show called The Big Broadcast, which plays classic radio shows. Some evenings I listen to my brother-in-law, who hosts a classical radio show that I can hear via webcast.

Jeri

It's a 5 disc player, so-

Nina Simone, 1920's hits, Miles Davis, Blondie & the new Bloc Party album.

The Veggie tales is in the DVD. I am sorry you have them on CD because you can never get those songs out of your head!!!

Sarah