March 4, 2007 Music

Well in my cd player at work I have Coldplays "Parachutes" ( I LOVE the song "Trouble")

at home I have norah jones latest album that I adore... in the car I listen to my ipod. and the playlist I play most often right now is Jack Johnson.

Sunday nights are reserved for listening to a local radio show called The Big Broadcast, which plays classic radio shows.

The "American Standards" radio station I have the stereo in the studio tuned to plays "When Radio Was" for an hour every weeknight and I make sure I'm always in there when it does. Tonight was an episode of "Baby Snooks" that still has me giggling. The rest of the time they play the old standards.......Dean Martin (who still makes me swoon), Sinatra, The Andrews Sisters, etc. But the cd's that are loaded up in the stereo in that room are AC/CD, Areosmith, Steppenwolf, the Moody Blues and Bob Seger. The stereo in the kitchen currently has The Tractors cd in it and the radio station on it is set to the old biker station out of Ft Collins. I think the cd in the stereo in the bedroom is Concrete Blonde and the one currently in the SUV is Johnny Horton. Here at the computer, I have a folder with 22 gigs of mp3's in it. I set up play lists and the one currently playing is Bonnie Raitt. Earlier today it was Patsy Cline and yesterday it was ZZ Top. I like the play lists because I can load up as many albums as I like on them. My Bob Seger play list takes over 10 hours to play from start to finish and my 60's playlist takes almost 8 hours so I can set one playlist and have music all day.

Deb

In the car I have a mix CD that I wrote - Weezer, Green Day, Bowling for Soup. The Killers (etc) - but Spamalot is also lurking there too.

At home all of our music is on a fileserver - the CDs are packed away as backups. We write the CDs we play in the car (unless we are using an ipod).

Lisa R.

Now, in my dvd player on the laptop, I have The Sims 2. I seldom actually "play" the game. Usually I just get on and build houses. Odd, yes I know, but it was what kept me going until I bought my first dollhouse kit. :flowers:

Don't feel ashamed, I do that too. I just got the sims2 and have built 2 different houses and modified a couple that were pre-built. That game is SO addictive!!!! lol

I listen to my local radio station that I had growing up in MI over the internet. Makes me feel closer to home sometimes *blush*......that is until they play stupid stuff then in goes my Styx and Weird Al CD's :w00t:

• 2 weeks later...

Currently I have Pink Floyd's Momentary Lapse of Reason on the CD player. On the iPod I have lots of music for the DD9, and White and Nerdy by Weird Al gets more airplay than anything else right now. :cheer:

Tracy - your kids might also enjoy the version of Phantom of the Opera by Me First and the Gimme Gimme's. They do punk versions of show tunes and older 70's and 80's hits. It sounds bizarre at first, but really grew on us.

BeachPeach - Were you able to get through the movie about Prairie Home Companion? I rented it the other night, I love their radio show and I LOVE Kevin Kline, but I just couldn't finish the movie. It was so slow and disappointing!

BlueUni - I need a copy of that CD you burned! :p I love Dexy's Midnight Runners and I tried to find the Mexican Radio song at itunes, but either they don't have the right version available, or I'm still trying to figure out itunes!!

Lisa R. - I've seen Spamalot - TWICE (saw it in New York and just HAD to take the tyke when they came to DC!) LOVED IT! I highly recommend to anyone who gets the chance!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I listen to the radio most of the time. Love their Saturday Night 70's show. Don't like the John Tesh show they have 5 nights a week!

During the afternoons on the weekends, we usually listen to a different station that my husband likes that plays 80's music.

Did go to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert before Christmas with the kids (they are from New York City, USA) - not at all what I expected, but everyone loved it!

Let's see... I've been listening to the newest New Kids on the Block CD in my car, one of Dave Matthews CD's at work, and I have the radio in my "dollhouse workshop" tuned to an alternative rock station. My taste in music is a little eclectic. :lol:

empire of the sun....'we are the people'..... is on repeat :lol: love that song and that band ;) my BF bought me the cd for valentines

Mostly i listen to 70's and 80's stuff on Limewire while i type here :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
i like to listen to all kinds of music and have many favourites.

but the song i am listening to right now is my all time favourite: One by U2.

bi-U-ti-ful

Gerda,

That is one of my favorites, too! But I prefer the duet version with Mary J Blige. Have you heard that one?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...