beacon hill

ilovecats

I love this house!

I neglected my beacon hill for about a month or so and now i'm very interested in working on it again. I have to say that this is one of my favorite houses and i'd like to build it again someday.

I updated my blog this morning and i'll add some pictures this evening! Well i have alot i want to accomplish on it today so i'll probably be off the forum until this evening!!! This is definately one house that i plan to decorate and landscape!!!!

:flowers: i posted pics! i actually completed more today, these are shots of yesterdays work. It will probably be next sunday night before i can post more but i hope to get alot more done on the house this week!

Carrie, I decided to focus on the BH until she is completed. I'm really in that mode. :cheer:

Hi Jenn :flowers: Well, i used the original kitchen then added the extension onto that. So i think that helped make it secure. I used titebond II wood glue, which dries nicely and bonds quickly and holds better than regular wood glue in my opinion. I made up a seperate base/foundation for the extension and glued that base/foundation to the original kitchen foundation. This helped make it more secure as well. So far it seems very sturdy. I made the foundation out of scrap pieces. I don't know if this will help you or not? Do you have photos of your extension?

that house is moving along, lookin' good!

and i was very relieved to see a kittycat in the last photo. until then i'd felt that something was missing from your pix. :flowers:

Hi Jenn :) Well, i used the original kitchen then added the extension onto that. So i think that helped make it secure. I used titebond II wood glue, which dries nicely and bonds quickly and holds better than regular wood glue in my opinion. I made up a seperate base/foundation for the extension and glued that base/foundation to the original kitchen foundation. This helped make it more secure as well. So far it seems very sturdy. I made the foundation out of scrap pieces. I don't know if this will help you or not? Do you have photos of your extension?

My problem is that i took the side off to make the extension. I am planning on going all the way up, crazy i know.

I made supports underneath and attached wood under both the exsisting foundation and the new, but it's not secure enough. I think i might have to put the side on again and just cut out alot. Any ideas would be welcome. I want to have the porch go all the way around the side to the kitchen, where im planning on putting on a another door.

Jenn

I have to say that this is one of my favorite houses and i'd like to build it again someday.

I believe everyone who builds this house (or renovates one :) ) finds this house to be their favorite. There's just something about it!!

Marg, your extension looks really good! You're making great progress and it looks like you'll be done in no time now that you've got the BH bug!! :cheer:

• 2 weeks later...
I am working on my own Beacon Hill (my very first house) and I love it.

I started mine last Sunday and it is really a fun house and comes together so quickly. I agree it's a great house and it seems so many of us are building it. :whistle: I've been watching everybodies progress.

I added a few pictures...i'll add a bunch more tomorrow. I'll replace the ones that i had added, they are very dark and grainy. The house color is going to look great i think. I did the siding around the porch area first and painted it (it has 3 coats now compared to the one coat in one of the pictures, so it looks better) because i knew it would be easier to do that. I'm happy with the progress so far. Hopefully i'll get the siding done this week so i can start painting. I'd like to get the windows (exterior) sanded, painted and in place before the end of this month.

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just finished the siding on my beacon hill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just barely cut and placed the last piece!

I love progress!

The next step is to complete the porch, then i have one last spackle phase for the porch and the porch roof, then i'm just into painting the exterior! I think i will fully complete the exterior before i finish off the interior. So i'll get all the windows put together and in place as well. (after the painting is totally and competely finished. The interior is pretty well done except for flooring and trim work. So there is still alot of work, but i'm mostly into the detailing part now!!!

I have to decide how much of the exterior decor i will use on this house, I may not use all of the pieces that come with the kit.

I updated my blog yesterday with more photos :flowers:

Marg, your BH is looking excellante! :jawdrop: I love watching your progress. Are you adding electric or not? Just wondering because I am getting to point on mine to start tape wiring

You Beacon is looking great! You were very smart in siding it before putting on the windows. That will save you a load of frustration and it will come out looking more finished. I wish I would have done that with mines. Great job!