beacon hill

ilovecats

• 1 year later...

I'm so bummed! I was going to finish off my BH interior this weekend...I just realized that i have a partial tube of quick grip and no money to buy more for a couple of weeks. I thought i had a couple of more tubes but i just checked they drawer they come in...empty empty empty. I need probably at least one full tube to glue on the wainscotting in the kitchen and glue down some trimwork. Even if i don't need a full tube, i know i need alot more than what i have now. Phooey.

As soon as i complete the interior of this house i'll move it up to the bedroom until i can clean out and reorganize my spare bedroom (that is the only room in my house that i can close the door on and keep the cats out of. ....once i get it into the cat free room i can finish the exterior trim and porch. My cats are naughty and chew on things so i don't want to spend the time working on something that may get destroyed.

Hmmm, i was so set on working on my BH...wonder what i should work on instead....

How can you work on anything if you don't have glue??? Can't you just use regular glue?

Perhaps you could furnish a house and take pics while waiting for glue to show up. I want to see stuff in the witch house. Maybe I should send you a plane ticket and you could build houses with me. I have glue. Lol. Sorry, I am just teasing you.

Hi Margarita, I was just just looking at your blog and I like the color of your Westville. I didn't your Beacon Hill yet. I noticed you have the same Library set that I'm going to buy. I was wondering how wide the double bookcase is? The website says 7 plus inches. Is that right? Is it as wide as the fireplace unit?

So gorgeous.....

I've been slacking on working on my BH... it's just being fussy with me. I think I might actually give it a whirl again tonight.

There are soooooooooo many pieces!!! Will it never end???

How can you work on anything if you don't have glue??? Can't you just use regular glue?

Perhaps you could furnish a house and take pics while waiting for glue to show up. I want to see stuff in the witch house. Maybe I should send you a plane ticket and you could build houses with me. I have glue. Lol. Sorry, I am just teasing you.

:)

Hi Margarita, I was just just looking at your blog and I like the color of your Westville. I didn't your Beacon Hill yet. I noticed you have the same Library set that I'm going to buy. I was wondering how wide the double bookcase is? The website says 7 plus inches. Is that right? Is it as wide as the fireplace unit?

Hi, i will try to get a measurement for you...sorry i just saw this reply....it's not as wide as the fireplace unit tho.

So gorgeous.....

I've been slacking on working on my BH... it's just being fussy with me. I think I might actually give it a whirl again tonight.

There are soooooooooo many pieces!!! Will it never end???

It does have a large number of pieces! it was a bit overwhelming at first even tho i was organized with my pieces. There are just so many piece tho!!!!

Thanks for the compliments everyone :)

I would say that my interior is complete except for some touch up paint but i will do that when the house is completed inside and out because touch up paint will be my last finishing touch for the house. I put a few more photos under my blog :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ohhh after reading this I really must get to and do some more work on my beacon hill, I am sure it is starting to feel neglected lol, I get itimidated as I am so much of a perfectionist, and if I know I dont have the time to do it properly I just dont do it at all....gggrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Why must I be like this.............:wave:

It's a destructive, stifling attitude, Debra. You can't learn to do something perfectly until you have mastered all the ways to do it imperfectly and to cope with and correct your mistakes. You didn't come out of your mother into this world a completely perfect adult, so let's get a grip and forge ahead, make your mistakes blatantly, fix them creatively and describe your problems and how you overcame them successfully with pride.

make your mistakes blatantly, fix them creatively and describe your problems and how you overcame them successfully with pride.

Debra,

Holly has the right advice-- listen to her. We all make mistakes -- think of it as an opportunity to sharpen your talents to see how many ways you can find to fix/disguise them.

This is a great hobby -- lean back, relax, and have fun. :wave:

:yikes: