Hi everyone. My name is Ida, my cyberspace name is skydancer. I live in Emlichheim Germany momentarily.

have lived in Holland before that and before Holland i lived in Riverside california.

I am married to a wonderfull husband and have an eight year old son that also craves dollhouses also.

Right now i have just purchased the San Fransican, and am very eager to get started on it.

What i was wondering if there is anyone out there that help me with some good victorian ideas for this house. i have tried to get some information on the net but got zip !

Who can help me!

have a good one and thanks for letting met be part of this group, Skydancer

hi Ida and welcome to the forum! i'm on my first house and can't help much with the victorian question, but there are plenty here that have done them and you will find a wealth of information too. check out the tutorials and feel free to ask all the questions that you have. everyone is very helpful! Enjoy!

Hi and :flowers: ! I'm also working on a San Franciscan. :love: There are some pics in my gallery if you are interested. I'm doing it more modern though. There are plenty of people of who have done Victorian styles here. If you look through the gallery you will see them. I always think of wood work, but am not sure why. Good luck with it.

:cheer:

Carrie

Hi Ida

Welcome to the forum!

I'm also new myself. I bought the Garfield dollhouse a few days ago.

Suus :)

Welcome, Ida, the San Franciscan just begs to be Victorian, doesn't it? Grazhina/ kennebunker has a site with a lot of info about, among other things, Victorian architecture and decor. I have one of those "coffee-table" books someone gave us once called Tasteful Interlude that is photographs of lae Victorian rooms in FULL decor (to the Victorians "more is more"). Try googling "pictures, Victorian interiors". Also check out http://store.doverpublicatons.com in the architecture section; they have WONDERFUL architecture books AND a book of dollhouse (1:12 scale) wallpapers in Victorian patterns & colors.

Can anyone else remember who it is?
Grazhina/ kennebunker has a site with a lot of info about, among other things, Victorian architecture and decor.
No? Maybe it's Wende/calamari.

Welcome to the forum! Your local library should have lots of books on Victorian decorating, furniture, architecture, etc. Don't limit yourself to Miniature/Dollhouse books - books on the full-size articles will give you information and inspiration, plus should be more plentiful on the shelves.

Hello and a belated welcome to the forum, and I too thought it was Grazhina who had the site with all Victoriana info put toghether, will have to check my favourite folder on the other computer as I know I saved it on that one :flowers:

Mini-hugs