3/9/07 Comic Strip

Susanne, you got it right!!

:thumb:

The record for the longest running comic strip is held by the "Katzenjammer kids". The adventures of Hans & Fritz appeared for the first time in the New York Journal on December 12, 1897 and is still running in news papers and comic books today!!

You can see a sample of them by clicking here:

http://www.kingfeatures.com/features/comic...zkids/about.htm

When we were kids we used to love reading that comic strip - it was a family favourite. I seem to remember hearing that it was the longest running strip on the car radio while driving into work (just recently as a matter of fact).

-Susanne

I loved Bloom County :mad:

I can't think of the name of it right now but I loved the comic with the little bratty boy with scruffy hair that was always doing really bratty things.

Wow, that sounds like a lot of the comic strips. :D

for some reason the Katzenjammer Kids scared me :mad: , and so did Jiggs in Life with Father. i liked the Little King, and used to loooove the Tumbleweeds cartoon strip. in my teens i papered a room with Tumbleweeds strips.

POGO is stellar! it's in a league of its own.

Get Fuzzy and Sylvia are current happifiers.

My all-time favorite will always be Pogo.
Absolutely! "We have met the enemy, and he is us!" And I think I sang "Deck Us All With Boston Charlie" here once. Pogo & Asterix were my two favorite comic strips when I was at university. My favorite political cartoonist after Herb Block was one of our college classmates, Don Addis.