Beacon Hill room sizes?

whippet-gal

Well, finally, my Beacon Hill has arrived :wave: :o :whistle: :scooter:

It's survived surafce shipping from USA to UK remarkably well, even the shingles are still in their sheets, which makes staining a lot easier :bruce:

I can't seem to find out what the sizes of the rooms are (including height). Does anyone have this information, please?

I'm not starting the actual building for quite a while, but will be thinking about it & planning, whilst I work on my Aster & Grosvenor Hall.

Jackie

Jackie--

As soon as I saw your post, I went downstairs to my craft room and measured!! Here is what I came up with:

1st floor, left to right

kitchen 11Dx7Wx10H

Hall 13Dx9 3/4Wx10H

LR 15Dx12Wx10H

2nd floor, left to right

Bath 11Dx7Wx9H

Hall 13Dx8 3/4Wx9H

Bed 14 1/2Dx10 3/4Wx9H

3rd floor, left to right

sitting 11Dx7 1/2Wx10H

Hall 13Dx7 1/2Wx10H

large 15Dx10Wx10H

hope this helps!!!

• Like 1

Betty - that's lovely of you, thank you so much for taking the trouble to measure up.

I've printed the room sizes out & I'll probably make templates (I know they won't be accurate, but they'll give me a good idea of what I'll be working with.)

Thank you, again :wave: Maybe that information should be pinned at the top of this forum?

Jackie

Jackie, glad I could help. I forgot to mention that on the 1st floor, where the hall and LR join together, the hall is narrow toward the front of the house, then towards the back, it opens up into the Dining Room, so that part of the hall is wider. Consequently, that part of the LR on the other side of the wall is narrower in that area.

I hope this doesn't confuse you, and that it doesn't cause any more work!!

That is a great idea that you made mockups of the floors. Since I am electrifying my house, I am waiting to do my walls, flooring, etc until after that. So while I am putting up the walls in my house, I made a cardboard mockup of every single wall, floor and ceiling so I can cut my wallpaper and go, rather than trying to measure and cut after the house is up!!!

Good luck with your Beacon Hill. I hope you are as in love with yours as I am with mine!!! :whistle:

• 3 weeks later...