2007 Heart Arbor Contest Results

Congratulations to the winners! And also congratulations to the rest of the pack! You ALL were winners in my book! Fabulous ways to use the lovely heart arbor!

Again, congratulations from Wolfie

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kelsey's arbor scene is beautiful. Please ask her to show more of her creations. Her scene made me feel warm and happy. I hope she'll continue working in miniature. Her backdrop scene was well chosen.

-Susanne

:flowers: to the winners. :banana: to all who entered. I'm very happy that I wasn't a judge because it would have been very hard to pick the best.

Thanks Dean and Greenleaf for the entry prize. I'm a bird lover and have feeders and houses for my birds all over the yard and this will make my robins happy. Thanks again.

Grambo, Kelsey did a wonderful job. Glad to hear we have younger ones in here.

Beth

I wanna see if anyone will be "bashing" the bird feeder into a mini project I must agree with you Christine that the ideas that people came up with really was Awesome! There was so much flavor in each entry!!

:blink: ive been thinking about turning it into some mini scene... maybe a flower stand or a fruit and veggie stand.? something i could hang on the wall in my apartment. i was also thinking about making it something that changes with every season... we'll see B)

Congratulations to all the winners, I got my arbor built and that was as far as it went but will finish it soon and put some dolls in it with some plants and things. I am impressed at the artistic approach that was taken with all the winners, who would have though that one item could produce so many different and unique looks!!! Beautiful job all!

Bonnie

I got my Robin`s Roost bird feeder in the mail yesterday! Thank You Greenleaf!

I am going to see if Nat wants to put it together and decorate it herself..

Bonnie I am with you, they all were so different using one same item.. Great minds we have here :(

I got my put together and painted that is as far as I got too!

I am thinking now of painting it a different color..

mine was mailed on the 24th and I just got it in the mail and it is dry fitted. I bet in less that 5 mins. I :whistle: it . It's adorable. I am taking my niece to her grandma's spring break and we will let her decorate it. I know the birds will love it too. Thanks everyone. Thanks Keith for letting us know they were on the way.

My bird feeder came in today. It's great, I didn't open it yet since Chris wants to build it and decorate it with my help :whistle:, I'll keep it for him to open. He went to help his grandma paint her house today and won't be back until tomorrow, I'm sure when he gets home he'll be at it within 5 minutes of walking thru the door :giggle: .

Thank you Greenleaf staff and Dean for the Robin's Roost gift. I'm really surprised how fast you shipped them. You really have a wonderful company that really cares about customer service. Now if only AC Moore would sell the Greenleaf kits. Now that would be perfect. They only sell the smaller Corona kits. Now to decide whether the birds get to use the kit for the intended use or make a mini scene. Decisions, decisions!!

I hope everyone enjoys their Robins Roost. It's a versatile unit that assembles in minutes with no nails or glue and it dresses up nicely. I'm still looking for an old picture I had of one that was toll painted which looked spectacular.

Robin's are one of the first signs of spring here in Upstate New York, so it's always exciting to see the first ones of the season. Like other ledge dwellers, Robins won't use a bird house so the roost provides a shelve for nesting that will offer their chicks a little protection (only around 25% of young robins survive the first year). As noted, it's also a unique foundation for a miniature project, so I'm excited to see what gets done with them.

Thanks again to all of you for making the last few months of winter a little more bearable with you wonderful pictures!

Dean

EDIT: As far as finding Greenleaf and Corona Concepts Dollhouse at your favorite retailers, if you don't find what your looking for, it never hurts to ask!

I got my Robins Roost yesterday too :whistle: Thanks so much Dean and everybody at Greenleaf! I'm not sure what I will do with it yet but it is very much appreciated. :giggle: I'll have to open it today and check it out.

I got my Robin's Roost yesterday too!! its so cute!!! im thining of making it into a flower shop stand or something... we'll see i'll let it "speak" to me. :flowers: thanks again dean and greenleaf for everything!

The Greenleaf Robin's Roost arrived today and it looks like it's going to be a fun project, too. I agree about it being a lot larger than expected and I can't wait to get started!

THANK YOU Dean, Tracy, Bev, Nancy, Keith, and everyone else that made all the Heart Arbor Contest possible! :yes: