Various Instructions available

Tams

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have directions available for the Manchester, LaFayette, Ashley and Newberg. If you need them, pm me and I'll email them to you.

I thought I was getting the Manchester, but the seller didn't keep his end of the deal, so I am just heartbroken about it!

Oh, sorry to hear that you won't be getting the Manchester. I have the Bayberry Cottage and the San Franciscan 557 and the Ashley instructions if anyone needs them as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks so much for giving access to the Newburg instructions! I hope I can overcome the issues that everyone says the house has in construction. My husband is a carpenter, he'll help me. :)

Thanks again and Thank You to the owners of this forum for giving us such a wonderful community to share.

Debbi Shelton

{newbie-can ya tell? LOL}

the issues that everyone says the house has in construction.
Mostly it has to do with the way the shell goes together. Plumb and close fit are some of the issues. With judicious sanding, filler and liberal use of trims and finishing techniques the Dura-Craft houses finish beautifully.

I had been warned about how the shell fits...or the lack of fitting properly on the base...mainly in the bay area. but with trim and spackle no one but me knows. just dont think it is you if you have this issue! when finished this is a very nice looking house. with nice size rooms.

but in the bay room I would omit the stairs...they take too much room. but you will decide as you build.

have fun with it.

Happy Building

nutti :ohyeah:

No problem, Debbi. People here have helped me as well, so I am paying it forward, so to speak.

My Newberg is the only house I have stairs in and I am thinking of taking them out, if I can do so without messing everything else up. Has anyone else ever removed the stairs after building a house? Any tips?

• 3 months later...

Would it be possible to obtain a copy of the Newberg Dollhouse? I purchased this a few years ago for my little girls and there aren't any instructions in the box. I am just now getting some free time to construct it. I would really appreciate the help.

I am really motivated to complete the house for them...looking at all your gorgeous projects I can only hope to have it turn out half as nice.

Thanks so much,

Brigitte

zi would love to have the newberg ones too. the links above no longer works the message says:

Account is locked for migration

tamsajesusfreak has moved their photos to Photobucket. From now on you'll need to go to Photobucket to view their photos.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have directions available for the Manchester, LaFayette, Ashley and Newberg. If you need them, pm me and I'll email them to you.

I thought I was getting the Manchester, but the seller didn't keep his end of the deal, so I am just heartbroken about it!

Hi,Tams, I just joined up and see that you have instructions for a Dura Craft Newberg Dollhuse kit.I'd really appreciate a copy, if possible. I saw your Mexican house and is great. I live in San Diego, so there are a lot of things Mexican around here!

• 3 weeks later...

It has been such a long time since I've checked this thread! I apologize for the broken links. Could somebody completely delete that post, please? Here are the new links:

MANCHESTER

Newberg

Ashley

When you click on a picture, it will bring that picture up by itself. Once it's completely loaded, that picture is usually pretty small. Click on full size above it, and it will come up large enough to be read.

I will add instructions for the LaFayette, Columbian and a few other houses soon.

• 3 weeks later...

We are working on the NEWBURG right now. We started it in january. Like others have said their are problems with gaps ect. We fixed many of them with spackle. We didn't put the staircase in. Took up to much room. We did a bit of bashing and put all new windows and door in the first floor. We also were lucky a few years ago and found a new bay window at a mini shop that was closing down and put that one in in place of the bay window that came with it. ( if we would have known that we were going to build more houses we would have bought more stuff). My Dh also is changing out the porch so that there is a second story porch. One of the major things we changed inside was in the left hand second story room. There were some odd angels coming in the room in the corners. He built 4 walls to hide them. He put in 2 long walls about 6inches long from front of house to halfway back. Then he built short walls, one from outside wall to the new long wall and another short wall from inside wall (room divider) to other long wall. Kind of like 2 long boxes. There is about 4 inches between the 2 long walls. Looks like a hallway. I am going to put a correspondence table under the window. On one if not both long walls I'm going to stain shutters and glue them to the walls to look like closet doors. The room is still big enough in front of all this to put a double bed, dresser and a night table in.

If anyone needs the Instructions for the NEWBURG PM me and I can copy our instructions for you. Also if you would like I can take a picture of the walls we put in that room once I get more done with it.

I am looking for instructions for the Ashley by Dura-Craft. I wonder if I could bother you to please email these instructions. I would greatly appreciate your help.

Click on the link in the post above yours. If that doesn't work, pm me your email addy and I'll send it to you.

We are working on the NEWBURG right now. We started it in january. Like others have said their are problems with gaps ect. We fixed many of them with spackle. We didn't put the staircase in. Took up to much room. We did a bit of bashing and put all new windows and door in the first floor. We also were lucky a few years ago and found a new bay window at a mini shop that was closing down and put that one in in place of the bay window that came with it. ( if we would have known that we were going to build more houses we would have bought more stuff). My Dh also is changing out the porch so that there is a second story porch. One of the major things we changed inside was in the left hand second story room. There were some odd angels coming in the room in the corners. He built 4 walls to hide them. He put in 2 long walls about 6inches long from front of house to halfway back. Then he built short walls, one from outside wall to the new long wall and another short wall from inside wall (room divider) to other long wall. Kind of like 2 long boxes. There is about 4 inches between the 2 long walls. Looks like a hallway. I am going to put a correspondence table under the window. On one if not both long walls I'm going to stain shutters and glue them to the walls to look like closet doors. The room is still big enough in front of all this to put a double bed, dresser and a night table in.

If anyone needs the Instructions for the NEWBURG PM me and I can copy our instructions for you. Also if you would like I can take a picture of the walls we put in that room once I get more done with it.

You said there were some "odd angels coming in the room in the corners"!!! And here it isn't even Halloween, yet!! :blink:

• 4 weeks later...

If anyone needs the San Franciscan 557, Sweetheart or Bayberry Cottage, just PM me your e-mail address and I'll e-mail them to you. I have them scanned in, but not posted on line like Tams.

• 2 months later...

Hi does any one ahve the instructions for the newberg along wwith the sheet that shows what sheet the aprt is on? I got a newberg off e bay and that is missing along with some of the main walls..... Thank you I will pay for postage....Cayrol

Hi does any one ahve the instructions for the newberg along wwith the sheet that shows what sheet the aprt is on? I got a newberg off e bay and that is missing along with some of the main walls..... Thank you I will pay for postage....Cayrol

If you go back to Post #11 Tams has the link to the newberg. Good luck!

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Oh, sorry to hear that you won't be getting the Manchester. I have the Bayberry Cottage and the San Franciscan 557 and the Ashley instructions if anyone needs them as well.

I would like to get a copy of the Bayberry Cottage instructions please :rofl: from anyone who is able to pass them on. Thank you