Unforseen Benefit of Being Member of Month

Peggi

I wanted to share a surprising thing that happened to me today. I think I mentioned that I had printed out a copy of the article from the newsletter choosing me as Member of the Month (MOM) and sharing with my co-workers. Well, today in our monthly board meeting (made of local government and private citizens from 5 counties) my boss surprises me and announces on the agenda under item Good of the Order, that I build dollshouses and had joined an international forum for Greenleaf Dollshouses and had been chosen as MOM, he congratulated me on being chosen and spoke highly about my "intricate" dollhouse houses.

My boss doesn't surprise me often we have worked together 30 years, but this was a very pleasant surprise. Of course, I think I have also mentioned that some of his old silk ties have been used as curtains in one of my houses so far--so I guess he does have an interest.

Thank you MiniMadWoman for choosing me and to Greenleaf for the certificate. It couldn't have come at a better time to cheer me up.

Of course, I think I have also mentioned that some of his old silk ties have been used as curtains in one of my houses so far--so I guess he does have an interest.

How BIG is his NECK???? :wave:

Oooohhhh... I get it... in your DOLL houses. Phew. :duh:

Wooooooooohooooooooooooooooo!! That is the coolest thing I've heard in a long time. <grinning> We all know what a great miniaturist you are, but it's extra special when someone in the "regular world" recognizes it. I'm proud of you Peggi!

Deb

Oh Peggy that is just wonderful. You so deserve the recognition! You are obviously an asset to your boss and to us here on the forum!

Congratulations Peggi, you deserve it...you are a wonderful person....and sounds like you have a great boss.......you are so good to us here on the forum always willing to help us in any way.....

Peggi -

What a lovely surprise for you. Your boss has been very fortunate to have had you working with him for so many years. I think he's well aware what a gem he has in you. Still, it's very good of him to acknowledge your expertise in the area of miniatures.

I know my boss is always very interested when I bring in photos of scenes I've created. It's great to share our interest in miniatures with our co-workers.

-Susanne

Congratulations, Peggi! I just got around to reading my newsletter today - it was fun to read a little more about you. How nice of your boss to acknowledge your award. He sounds like a very nice man, especially for letting you use his ties for curtains! :wave:

Congratulations Peggi, on being recognised both here at Greenleaf, and at work! I'm smiling just thinking of how good it is to feel special in your "own" world. Too often, we neglect to show our appreciation of the people that are important to us. Thanks for making a difference here, Peggi, in "our" world!