Another Beacon Hill

minime

Back in the middle of January I started building the Beacon Hill. The kit was purchased from a thrift store and is missing 11 sheets of parts. I have been making the missing parts as I need them. Not having much space to spread out in and limited time this project is going very slowly. I am so excited to finally feel as though I've reached a milestone. The first stairway is in. Most of the banisters, posts and trim are on a sheet that I do not have so I will be creating those for awhile. The front wall is actually not attached yet, it is just leaning there.

I would like to thank everyone on this forum for making this possible with your freely shared advice and pictures I have been able to pick up a ton of information without actually asking.

Your stairs look great! I know I sure felt like I had just finished a marathon after my stairs were done. They took me forever. I thought I was doing so good and making progress when I was putting up the walls. Then you do the stairs, and oh boy did I feel like I was standing still. So I am very happy for you reaching this milestone. Good luck on the rest of your build. I love my BH! I still have quite a ways to go on mine though.

Pam, you're doing a wonderful job! The staircase looks awesome!

If you need any help, let me know . . . I had to make or repair many parts for my Beacon Hill too!

If you need any help, let me know . . . I had to make or repair many parts for my Beacon Hill too!

Thanks! I'll keep that in mind. Most of the parts I still have to make are trim....I'm thinking that shouldn't be to bad.

What a great job you're doing, Pam. I am taken with the white stairs, they look outstanding with the wallpaper! I'm partial to white staircases with dark-stained treads, anyway; probably something from early childhood(?)