Dollhouse packaging?

138 members have voted

1. 1. How Important Is The Package Your Dollhouse Kit comes In To You?

• Very Important, I Like Traditional Greenleaf Packaging
    • Not Important, long as the package is not damaged in shipping and there are instructions (with pictures)

This is Just a Fun Poll (Because I always wondered too how people felt about the package the kits come in). This can be insightful to find out how YOU feel about the way you receive your dollhouse Kits? Do the packaging mean VERY much to you? Must it be like the traditional Greenleaf Kit Packages, Colored Box, Wrapped in Plastic w/ Color Photo on front?

What about Wraped In Plastic with instructions and a Color photo included of the finished house?

Do you Mind just having it package in a Box with instructions and a Color photo included of the finished house?

After you vote in the Poll, Please post why you answered the way you did :shifty:

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, I'm more concerned with what is in the box than what's on the outside. I like to have all the sheets and windows and everything packed neatly and no damage to the package during transit.

Although, come to think of it, it's nice to be able to see the house you want when you have a number of them stacked on top of each other. So a picture or the name of the house would be good on the outside as well.

the most important thing to me is whether it's arrived damaged or not. i know all to well how these guys treat their packages, because i've been in shipping for years. i saw a FedEx guy literally drop a 20lb box at my office door from waist level. the item was damaged and had to be returned. i coulda killed him!

and of course the instructions are very important. i'm not brilliant enough to put one of these things together free-hand! and i do find that i referrence the pictures frequently when the instructions aren't very clear the first time i read them.

For me, the "Box" does not matter because I never keep them. I don't collect dollhouse boxes :shifty: So once the house is built, the box goes in the trash so it does not matter to me if I get it in a Traditional "Greenleaf Box" or if it's a regular cardboard box :ohyeah: . So long as the item is received in good condition w/ Pictures & instructions, I am a Happy camper :ohyeah:

I also feel what is on the outside not as important as what is on the inside!

if its packaged well and the color photos one would find on the outside of the box are included with the instructions...

that would be good for me....

nutti :shifty:

I had a hard time voting. I am somewhere inbetween but said that it was important. I know many instructions say to use the box to finish the trim which is why I voted that way. I like to see the color picture of the house to get ideas. I also have never built a house without the traditional box so I don't really know. I think it may be more important for some houses rather than others.

I am somewhere inbetween to. If I love the house it does not matter what the box is, but if I am on the edge a nice box would make a difference. Also I can not say how much a nice, big color pic can help when building a house! With the Tennyson I was so confused by the directions I gave up and just built off the box pic.

The box outside isn't important, so long as there are plenty of pictures, both of the outside, and inside of the house, and any intricate steps that might be necessary to complete instruction. I don't really care whether the pictures are in color or black-and-white, so long as they're clear, and if done to illustrate a particular part of the construction, that there is some link back to which steps it's illustrating. These days with digital camers so available and photography now so (relatively) cheap, the more pictures, the better!

Edited 'cuz I must have stuttered or something and had duplicate lines in there! oops.

I found myself confused with the Laurel at first, then I went back and studied the pictures. Since this is the first one I have actually started building on, having a picture helped me a lot!

I'd rather see a good set of instructions with pictures included (in color). As long as the packaging protected the contents, it doesn't matter to me what it looks like. I don't keep the boxes anyway . . . they end up in the recycling. Might be a good way for Greenleaf to go 'green'! :shifty:

I went with not important because the contents are what counts, but I think you need a middle choice. Although I would puchase one without I would like to see the nice color picture of inside and out on the box

The packaging so far has been fine. Instructions with pictures of anything more intricate than four walls would be helpful. I don't care if they are in color or not, just so you can actually see what to do. The Lily had none except of the finished house. There were so many references to verge boards. Other than something to do with the edge, I'm not sure what verge boards are. Since I changed the roof it doesn't matter now. I have had more instructions with pictures with those cardboard storage boxes you can by. One of those companies even puts "voila"at the end. I need to see pictures or even crude drawings or I have to read it ten times.

Pat

For me, the "Box" does not matter because I never keep them. I don't collect dollhouse boxes :huh: So once the house is built, the box goes in the trash so it does not matter to me if I get it in a Traditional "Greenleaf Box" or if it's a regular cardboard box :p . So long as the item is received in good condition w/ Pictures & instructions, I am a Happy camper :)

I couldn't have said it better.

However, my BH is my first house I've ever done. And more than once I have stared at the pictures on the front of the box to get more details about the overall look of the house, or even specific parts of the house, that maybe wasn't so clear in the instructions.

I personally could care less about the package the dh kit came in. As long as it is all complete, in shape, with pics, and instructions that is okay with me.

The only thing about the package that I do like is that I can put the pieces I am using back in the box until I am ready to use them. That is important!

It is exciting to see the box with all the writing and pictures on it when it sits there, freshly delivered, just waiting to be opened - but I voted that the box was not as important as the instructions and pictures.

A big picture is useful for visualizing the details, but it would be easier if it was not stuck to the box! Big, clear pictures included with the instructions would be perfect. Colours are nice, but black and white would work, too.

I'm thinking that the box with Greenleaf info. isn't much of an advert - not many people would see it, except the mail handlers/delivery people. Oh, but sitting in a store - those boxes need to show customers what treasure lies within!

A plain brown wrapper might be more planet-friendly, ecologically speaking.

All in all - mixed feelings - but bottom line, I voted for the plain box.

I throw my boxes away after building the house. I like the traditional packaging with a picture and the name of the house on the box. That way when I want to build a house that is in a pile I can easily identify which box I want to open.

Melissa

Given my druthers, I prefer traditional packaging because I can be confidant that the house will not be damaged in shipment. I will add however, that non-traditional packaging wouldn't sway me from buying a certain house that I liked, if I felt I just had to have it!

A plain brown wrapper might be more planet-friendly, ecologically speaking.

Hmm... now that's a very good point Jacks!

Packaging is holding back the release of a few different houses right now, so I'm glad that Tracy brought this up. See the problem is I usually need to order a minimum of 5,0000 labels just to get a decent price and have to order even larger quantities to get the prices I have budgeted into the houses. I can have Victorianna's ready to ship next week, but there isn't enough interest in this house go out and invest in labels. This is true with many of the old houses waiting to be re-released. Running smaller quantities on the houses and offering them without a label through the Company Store would be one way to get them back in the market place, but I'm unsure on how this would be received. Of course, we would include what ever pictures were usually on the label so it wouldn't effect any of the assembly concerns mention here and they would ship in a box that would guarantee a safe arrival.

So how about it, should I get started on the Victorianna (just joking)?

Okay, now my friends know I had an ulterior motive behind this poll :huh::)

I want these older houses released like NOW but I know the label has been a big concern. Please Dean, get ready to release some of our old time favorites!!