Dollhouse packaging?

138 members have voted

1. 1. How Important Is The Package Your Dollhouse Kit comes In To You?

• Very Important, I Like Traditional Greenleaf Packaging
    • Not Important, long as the package is not damaged in shipping and there are instructions (with pictures)

I voted that I didn't mind not having the traditional packaging greenleaf box etc... but that is only because I have my own supply of color pictures for reference.

I have a confession to make... I collect color pictures of dollhouses and I think it has become a slight obsession. :wave: I'm even organized and have them in a notebook. I know... I could look them up in the gallery etc.... but I really like thumbing through the pictures that I have collected... kind of like a "catalog". I love to see how people have painted and decorated them so... one day I started printing them out... and now I have a huge book. Sometimes at night when I'm really tired and have worked on the dollhouse that day... I take the book and sit in my favorite chair and just flip through it and dream...

:D

I do the same thing! I try to get a front and back view and if there are any rooms decorated, at least one room picture too. I also started collecting pictures of real houses I like, plus their floor plans. Good thing I'm not rich enough to buy real houses or I'd have a million of them all over the place too. Right now I've got them all on photobucket in their own category. I love houses.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tracy, maybe Im alone on this one, but I really like having the beautiful box with the doll house, especially when giving the kit as a gift, which I have done. I think that the box adds a classy touch to the product that it contains, and it kind of helps serve as a billboard when I am working on a house as a reminder of what my goal is that I am working toward. The papers included are always lost, buried, or covered in paint or glue; but the box...the box can be stood in a corner where you can see it and always find it.

Are we ALL obsessed? Or perhaps possessed?! I too collect dollhouse pictures front and back, and furnished and even other people's dollhouse pictures as well. As for real houses? Only those I could imagine living in! I love to go over the "virtual Tours" of houses on the commputer as well. Doug says I'm a nut! I say it's better than drinking in bars! LOL

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, I voted for the traditional Greenleaf packaging which has done well by me..never got any damaged goods. However, it is important to have clear instructions and a picture or two also.Very important! :D

Are we ALL obsessed? Or perhaps possessed?! I too collect dollhouse pictures front and back, and furnished and even other people's dollhouse pictures as well. As for real houses?

Yes we are (isn't it great???)! I have an entire shelf of CD-R's I've made with dollhouses I like. I have zillions of CD-R's I've made with miniatures I like, as well as printies, articles about minis, etc. . . And, in addition to all of those, I have some photo albums of the REALLY favorite houses I've come across. Aaah . . . right click is one of my best friends!

• 1 year later...