Dollhouse packaging?

138 members have voted

1. 1. How Important Is The Package Your Dollhouse Kit comes In To You?

• Very Important, I Like Traditional Greenleaf Packaging
    • Not Important, long as the package is not damaged in shipping and there are instructions (with pictures)

Dean if I send you a box while return postage can I have a Beaumont??? Pretty Please!!! :shaun: I'll even send boxes for other people too ( they have to pay there own postage though) ! Lord knows I have enough boxes right now. :wave:

Ooooh, I like this idea. If we send in our old boxes, can we get "refills"? :dunno:

All kidding aside, I think that running the kits without the fancy lables for online sales would be a great opportunity for Greenleaf to "test the waters". It's all in the name of market research, right?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooooh, I like this idea. If we send in our old boxes, can we get "refills"? :shaun:

All kidding aside, I think that running the kits without the fancy lables for online sales would be a great opportunity for Greenleaf to "test the waters". It's all in the name of market research, right?

Ack, and I who only have one box to "empty" out for a refill now... Shoot!

And you know, when buying the water testers a blog on the building process would be lovley :dunno:

Hugs

I voted "not important" As long as it's packaged well so there is no damage to the kit while in transit to me - I don't really care what the packaging looks like. By the time I've decided on a dh kit to buy - I already know what the house looks like from reviewing it online - so what the packaging looks like really doesn't matter to me.

Well, if the ONLY thing holding up release of some old houses in smaller quantities -- for heaven's sake, pack them in a plain brown box, take a magic marker and write GREENLEAF on the outside and send them on!!

What she said!!!!! I don't care what the box looks like if it means we could get some of the old houses back in production!

I saw the title to this thread and kept forgetting to look at it. Andrew just mentioned a poll, so here i am!!!!!!111

I do refer to the box lid for pictures sometimes, but it's really not that important to me to have a photo on the box. The only reason i've kept boxes from my houses is to hold the scrap parts...you never know when you may need a scrap to modify your houses :yes: At some point when we clean up the basement, i may just dig thru those boxes and take out the pieces i want...for example, doors i didn't use, larger punch out pieces. I'm with everyone else, we don't save the boxes for pictures!

So release away!!!! A plain brown box is just fine with me! ;) oh and deb's idea for the crayola's is pretty funny. if that's what it takes.....

So release away!!!! A plain brown box is just fine with me! ;) oh and deb's idea for the crayola's is pretty funny. if that's what it takes.....

I have a set of crayola's as well so can't we all just scribble away and get those labels of to Greenleaf, huh?!? Can't we???? Just dying (well almost to curious really) to see what houses Dean is thinking of...

Hugs

Okay, We can ALL send one set of 24 Crayons (New in box, please :yes: ) to Greenleaf and head up there and have Coloring Camp there at the Greenleaf factory :D Sure he could send each of us a plain sheet to color ourselves but we'd rather do it together. So Who's driving the Buses and picking up who? Shhhhh Don't Tell Dean we'er coming! Let's Surprise him ;)

Okay, We can ALL send one set of 24 Crayons (New in box, please :p ) to Greenleaf and head up there and have Coloring Camp there at the Greenleaf factory :D Sure he could send each of us a plain sheet to color ourselves but we'd rather do it together. So Who's driving the Buses and picking up who? Shhhhh Don't Tell Dean we'er coming! Let's Surprise him ;)

Well I am there!!!! I have extra craoylas if one needs 'em! I could even pitch in a couple of felt tip pens for the ones who like those better! Hmm, you think we need a song to keep up the pace as well????

Well, let me see, it takes about an hour and ahalf to reach the airport, then another 8 hours to New York and as it is being somewhat of a holiday (?) LOL I might not be there until tomorrow noon???? You think Dean will let us see the "shop" floor :D how I would love to see that!!!

:yes: da-di-di-da, need to get the passport, dum-di-di-dum, got to pack the suitcase..... Oh and tell hubby :hmm: that might be the tricky part LOL

How I wish this would be happening for real!!!!

Hugs

What's in the box is much more important than the packaging...although I have admit not only do I like to refer to the picture during construction, I've kept the top of the boxes from my Glencroft and Laurel. I was thinking it might be fun to frame the pictures and hang them in my craft room! ;)

Packaging is holding back the release of a few different houses right now

Whoa - totally didn't read that post! I don't think packaging would be much of an issue if sold through the company store. I'd imagine the first people to purchase the re-released houses would be those that frequent this forum, and I think we all trust Greenleaf to get our houses to us safely, even without the nice pictures!

I'm almost ready Tracy!!! Just gotta zip on over to walmart and grab a package of crayons!!!!!!!! I think i'll get the large pack, they look cool sitting in their box.

I really want a victorianna!!!!!

I really want one of each of the mystery houses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yes: ;)

Obviously, the most important thing is that the contents are all there, nothing is damaged and that there are clear instructions. However, I really enjoy the excitement of receiving the box and having the large picture of the house on the front for inspiration! Sue

New-released kits, lovely. ;)

I'd prefer a loose picture of the house & I'm not in the least bothered about the box, as long as it's sturdy.

We don't see the boxes when buying online, so I don't see it matters.

Jackie

Okay, We can ALL send one set of 24 Crayons (New in box, please :yes: ) to Greenleaf and head up there and have Coloring Camp there at the Greenleaf factory :D Sure he could send each of us a plain sheet to color ourselves but we'd rather do it together. So Who's driving the Buses and picking up who? Shhhhh Don't Tell Dean we'er coming! Let's Surprise him ;)

Oh, I'm definitely in!! I love to color and can get extra crayons!!

ok, this is serious business so i'm gonna take a risk and make a public disclosure that will confirm my previously uncertain status as a meganerd. i am talking about disclosing the existence of my rare and valuable CRAYONS that i will DONATE to the cause. there is danger of a break-in, now. however, i am well insured and the cause is Righteous.

:)Ta Da, Fanfare!: i have an original Deluxe Crayola Crayon Set that contains 72 crayons, their display stands, stencils, an activity book. all are used, but all are very snazzy! i also have a used set of the 50 States crayons, a well-used set of 8 of the huge crayons that pretend to be toddler-proof, and other small boxes of used crayons. and-- if i do say it myself -- i can color pretty darned well.

i didn't vote in the poll because i've not yet gotten a Traditional Package, so i do not know what those look like ... BUT!! what matters most is that a kit arrives safely and that there are good color photos and instructions inside the box (and a signed photo of Mr. Pitt).

The Road Trip: I'm in. i'm getting packed to head up to Upstate NY in the hopes of coloring some tres chic labels. when and where do i report?

:) please, please, please? Release the Schenevus Seventeen!

{R*E*L*E*A*S*E__ R*O*S*E*D*A*L*E}

Dean, please just release those houses.

As long as there are good pictures in the box we'll take them. And I think I can speak for everyone here on the forum, WE PROMISE TO GIVE THEM ALL VERY GOOD AND LOVING HOMES! We'll pet them regulary, show them off and dress them real nice.

Please I want a Victorianna.

:cheer:

:):cheer::):cheer::wave::clap: ;)

you guys are killing me with this thread!

nutti :clap:

actually I think if you are really curious about this put it on the Greenleaf site and let everyone vote.....

:) DEB! you can COLOR!!!! i'm like, dude!

i knew it! i sensed all along that you're a fellow artiste! that is todally kewel!

but ... umm, deb? the letter "e" in the word "house" is backwards. so, can u fix that? latr?

(whispering) :)

hey, do you think we should co-ordinate the Coloring Camp with Operation Mechanic Sweeps Clean?

(whispering) :)

hey, do you think we should co-ordinate the Coloring Camp with Operation Mechanic Sweeps Clean?

Sshhhh. Don't let Dean hear us. Since Houseland Security caught onto the mechanic's plan, the label-coloring trip is our cover story now. (code name: Electric Lime #34) If we all dress just like we do at home and carry crayons, the security guards will think we're taking a field trip on a weekend pass.

Deb

(whispering) OK!

however:

If we all dress just like we do at home and carry crayons, the security guards will think we're taking a field trip on a weekend pass.

i wonder. it might be more likely that they'll think we're escapees.

i wonder. it might be more likely that they'll think we're escapees

I got it covered. We'll each carry one of these passes. I'm sure it'll work.

Deb

well, if you're sure ...

all right! but they'd better not try giving us candy, or anything.

hey -- i'm driving the dirigible. gas prices are high and hydrogen is cheaper. let me know if you want me to swing by and pick you

:)