What are you wearing?

Deb

Marg's thread about what music we're listening to really gives a lot of insight into our different personalities and it got me to thinking. Creative people are usually, well, let's use the word "eccentric", when it comes to what we wear.

So, what are you wearing right now? (answer that carefully and remember that there is such a thing as too much information) :shaun:

If you were going to lunch and shopping with your best friend, what would you wear?

If you were heading out for a night on the town, what would you wear (and where would you be going)?

What's the most eccentric article of clothing you wear? (You know what I'm talking about........the one that makes your family cringe and pretend they don't know you)

Deb

:dunno: shame on you! :shaun:

wearing now: attire that probably would frighten anybody who is not colorblind: a v-neck argyle sweater in bold primary colors, a blue polo shirt, and favorite Buckaroo Cowboy flannel pajama pants. argyles are cool.

lunch: yes. shopping: no. what to wear: reeboks and sweats.

a night out on the town? ummm, probably wearing reeboks and sweats, and going to a bookstore.

most eccentric? dunno. maybe the Buffy the Vampire Slayer baseball cap? the batman high-top sneakers? or maybe the Santa sweater ... it's a white sweater with sewn red sleeve garters decorated with green sequins, and santa is silkscreened on the back. He's riding a victorian tricycle. The sweater looks very cool with the BTVS cap.

and what about yourself, O modest one?

and what about yourself, O modest one?

Right now I'm wearing a pair of men's jockey shorts and a shirtwaist shirt. Don't laugh! The jockey shorts come in really cool colors and are very comfy. Besides, they have this nifty pocket on the front. <pausing to investigate further> Oh wait. Maybe that's not a pocket. Never mind.

If I'm going out during the day, it's always in jeans and my earth shoes or sandals. I believe in being comfy and I'll never give up my denim. If we're going out at night, it's usually to the local dinner theater and then I dress up just a bit. But I have this thing for fringe, so my dressing up is usually something either fringed or with an ankle length jacket or vest. I like clothes that "move" when I do, or flow behind me when I walk. I normally have a hat to match. Told ya I'm eccentric. My favorite dress shop is an India import store and I have quite a few things in my closet that have bells on them. But I don't do frilly so they're always a tailored cut and in dark colors.

My most eccentric thing is the hats. I've got a ton of them and I wear them to the chagrin of people who go out in public with me. I've got everything from a denim cowboy hat to a 1910 velvet ladies riding hat made in Paris. My favorite is a burgandy velvet flapper hat with black feathers.

Deb

at this moment I just returned from Wal-marts

black sweats black t-shirt with butterflys

at home I like these really tacky/crappy grey sweats same black t-shirts

now as I am a very large person clothes are hard to find especially any that would make my family cringe...BUT I do have this pair of airwalks that I love that are bright pink and yellow tiedye and they all hate it when I wear them....I happen to like them very much and will be wearing them Easter Sunday. very festive I think! :shaun:

I also like shorts....wear them all the time....never in public anymore...dont want people to run and hide yanno! :dunno:

I also like LOUD hair stuff...long hair in a pony must have color! and I wear blue polish on my toes..always! last summer the toes matched the sparkly blue flipflops!

if I could I would have more things to add Im sure! I also love fringe and tyedye

someday I will have a wardrobe to make the family cringe. I also have had my nose and eyebrow peirced at one time or another.

and Deb I adore hats also. dont own any...but I always love to try them on!

and purses are fun...I have about 6 that I change around.

nutti :wave:

It's 3 a.m. and I cannot sleep, so I'm up doing minis in my heavy duty pink teddy bear print jammies! It's so cold here today, and YUK, we had snow too. Just figured I'd peek to see if anyone else was still roamming around their houses.

It is 7 a.m and I am stillin my jammies.!! Heading into get dressed very soon.!!

IF I am going out during the day... usually jeans or sweatpants... and a tshirt or sweatshirt.! Today I will be wearing a sweatshirt & Sweatpants it is Cold out there.!!

Night on the town...... havent done that in a loooong time so I have no clue what I would wear.!

most eccentric................well, that would be my Lime Green Crocks.! They are so Comfy.!

Right now I am wearing a long sleeved thermal type shirt and a pair of Fred`s flannel pj bottoms (barefeet too)

When I am out and about..Jeans.

Out on the town: Hmmm when was the last time that happened?

Most embarrassing article of clothing for the family: I have one of those hooded parkas made in Mexico. You know the ones..the hippie go free free pull overs. I have relegated to wearing it when I am out in the yard doing Spring and Fall yard work. They dont like it!

I am a jeans kind of person I suppose, like the comfy shirts, not the T-shirt variety but one with a nice neckline, and shoes well workdays, most often sensible shoes that one can move about in easily "chasing" the kids when out on the breaks... Otherwise shoes with a little heel height, not that high anymore though...

If I were going out, hmm, probably a pair of pants a nice shirt and a long jacket and a "nice" neckless, love those beads...

As I like to sew as well, it can be a full suit as well that is hand made with a little something to make it my own pattern :shaun:

The thing that make hubby cringe, well let me see, apart from some of those loooong necklesses I think it is the favourite pair of jeans, they are very well worn so to speak, with more than a few holes here and there, not to mention the paint and glue stains, looks really colourfull and they are sooooo comfy :dunno:

Hugs

what am I wearing now???? Nothing...lol...just kidding....I am in my jammies....(which by the way stay on unless I need to leave the house)....I too believe in comfort!!

Shopping/lunch...jeans and sweatshirt, sweater, tee shirt (depends on the weather...)

Out on the town...????? heck...it's been so long that I have forgotten.....sigh!

Eccentric item...hmmm...well, my kids and my mom tend to think that anything I wear is weird and unusual, but I guess I'd have to say my most eccentric items tend to be in the form of jewelry (little naked men earrings....)or accessory...I have a sterling silver toe ring that never comes off....and I tend to love strange colored nail polish...

Well I just got up so I'm still in my Eeyore pj's. Friends' kids gave them to me for Christmas or my birthday several years ago and they are so comfy.

Out with friends, jeans usually, but sometimes khakis, or whatever I'm in the mood for that day.

Out on the town, it would depend on where I'm going. Usually if I go out with my girlfriends we go to the same bar where the bartenders and one of the owners know me by name so there I often wear a nice pair of jeans and a nice top. Occasionally I'll dress up (especially if I'm going out with dh) and where nicer pants and a little sexier top.

I don't know what my most eccentric clothing is. I tend to like pants with embordiery on it, so I will go with that (though I don't think I can currently fit into any of my cool ones).

I'm wearing jeans, sneaks and a long sleeve shirt with mooses on patches on it with the word Maryland sewn below the mooses. It's a nice looking shirt, but I find it funny because there are no moose in Maryland. :shaun:

I'm a jeans / tshirts / sweatshirts type too. It's all I wear - so going out to lunch and stores with the girls will be the same stuff. I have a few suits and slacks / shirt combinations for weddings / funerals / interviews, etc. But they stay in the closet the rest of the time.

A night on the town I'm still in jeans, but I've got a few favorite shirts with low or wide cut necklines. I'll also bother to wear makeup and jewelry for a night on the town, but rarely any other time.

The most garish thing I own? I must like to stay in the shadows, because I don't own much that brings attention to myself. Maybe if someone were offended by some of my tshirts. I've got a American Gothic type tshirt, but the farmer and his wife are skeletal Grateful Dead types. I've also got a Peace Frogs tshirt and the frog is all bones with the phrase "Rest in Peace". So maybe if people were offended by darker humor, they might not care for them. And I've got 2 or 3 Spongebob tshirts that have seen better days but I just can't part with them!

Right now I am wearing my favorite pair of sweats they are light purple underneath all teh paint and glue and a dark purple sweatshirt. No socks!

When I go to work this morning it will be in jeans. We have jean fridays at the bank. The employees pay 5 bucks and wear jeans and tennis shoes. The money goes to a charity every quarter.

Nite on the town havent been for quite a while but would probably wear jeans cause when I dont have my sweats on I wear jeans.

most embarrassing item to wear out hmmm. would have to say my sweats I am wearing right now. hey they are good to go to the store in. so what if they have paint glue and holes. Oh and my pright purple baseball cap :shaun:

Bec

right now i'm in my grey homly nightgown :shaun:

In a short while i'll throw on some sweats and a t-shirt and go work out in the yard.

I mostly wear jeans and t-shirts, or t-shirts and sweats, so i'm pretty boring.

Shorts and a T-shirt.

Lunch= shorts and a T-shirt ( this is FL after all)

Going out??? Probably jeans and a nice shirt. I would love to fit in my dresses ( I love dresses), but I have about 40 pounds to lose before that will happen.

Don't really have anything odd.... I do have a cowgirl hat I love, and won't get rid of, just don't have the nerve to wear it in public yet. I don't think anyone else would care but I'd never hear the end of it from dh.

Woke up in what God gave me. Currently in a soft robe. Will be going shopping soon and will wear jeans and a t shirt. For a lunch I would wear a day dress or skirt and blouse. For an evening out I would wear a nicer dress. as for Garrish at the moment due to weight loss I dont have mnay clothes. When I do lose more weight and buy a complete new wardrobe I will be sure to add a few in.

Melissa

Wearing now: Ordinarily I'd have on something like a jeans skirt and a knit top at 8 a.m. when I'm not going to an office, but I'm trying to decide if there's any outfit I can wear this morning (temps in the 90s) that will still work when we get to Rochester (temps in the 30s), so I'm wearing a tasteful dark blue nightgown with pale blue piping. If I had a better figure, I could claim it was a slip dress, but then you'd have to wonder if I just staggered home from the bars out in Scottsdale.

Lunch with a friend: Probably a silk circle skirt and a silk knit top. With sandals. That covers 9 months of the year.

Evening out: Same thing, but I'd make sure it was black, and I'd have a shawl.

Quirky: Probably the khaki-and-olive feather boa. It's certainly something I can't wear everywhere.

I am wearing my favorite outfit - bluejeans and a denim workshirt. I love denim. But if I am actually seeing anybody that day and need to look professional, I wear dark slacks and a nice shirt, perhaps a jacket. I'm not crazy about dresses, but I'll wear them for church.

Right now I am wearing a red t-shirt and jeans with my comfortable slip-on shoes. If I'm out and about, I usually wear jeans. I can't remember the last time I had a night on the town.

I have this pair of what we call Debi Fritz pants - they're really comfortable - dark brown with very wild tan designs all over them. I don't wear them in public, but the family hates to see me wear them here at home as well. The cat likes them, because they have ties at the waist that no matter how I tie them, they hang down and she has a ball playing with them.

Right now since I'm off work I wearing jeans and a long sleeve tshirt (this darn weather has turned cool after last week temps in 80's)

lunch out - nice slacks and blouse

work - nice pants suits or dresses doubles for special events.

But the most comfortable thing I have and my DH absolutely hates is what I call my ugly dress, it just fits at the shoulders and no where else--roomy and comfortable. It is worn only at home when no one else is around. It is a god awful brown on tan color with some strange design.

Right now I'm wearing an old red plaid flannel night gown, big roomy and soft, very comfortable.

Out for lunch or dinner, if I can't wear jeans and a sweater I'm not going. Don't own any dresses.

Most embarassing items I have that makes them cringe are my purses, I love large shoulder bags, they call it my bottomless pit. Things go in and are never seen again!