OMG!!!!!

lumberjacksgurl

Well have I a tale to tell ya'll ( did I get the drawl right Shakeyshaky? :dunno: )

So you know I have been off on long term disability for several years for a medical prob. Well I got a phone call yesterday saying I was recalled to duty with an accomodation. Seems a huge avalanche took out seven of nine turbines on our river (which is dammed) and that the release cannot be controlled now. At our place the river is still frozen with 20 inches of ice. Long and short of it..we are on evacuation alert and I am having a major role in the disaster activation for the ambulance service. I have been at work since then during the days getting everything lined up to deal with the situation. We are supposed to warm up to near 20 Celcius (70 ish) but it was minus twenty this am :S with snow and freezing rain this afternoon and evening. We are emptying out our basement and have brought in water, propane for the bbq etc, and everyone now has an evac kit to run with.

Now if that was not enough, it got really insane a couple of hours ago here. I was getting ready for bed and Danny was tucking me in before going in for an OT shift when we heard his car pool buddy Bob pull into our driveway. He parks behind our car all the time and then they take my jeep to work.

All of a sudden we hear a squeal and then BBBBBAAAAANGGG

We jump up off the bed and I can see a car against the next door neighbors house. I grab a housecoat and run downstairs and hubby is ahead of me while I call for the cops and an ambulance. As I am hanging out the kitchen window there is all kinds of screaming and the car against the house peels off. Only then do I realize that Bob's truck is now through my fence in my back yard :shaun: This is at the back off the alley. They hit Bob then spun out again into the neighbors house!

The car that hit Bob took off leaving behind one of the passengers who took off on foot. Hubby didn't catch him in his sock feet...too cold and snowy, and Bob was too dazed as he got punted over against the passenger door. NO hole in the neighbors house, but when Bob's truck was spun it hit our other car damaging it on the rear :S So now I have a friend in the hospital, a damaged car and totaled fence!!!!

We are so thankful however, if Bob had not just pulled into our driveway they would have come right into our house!!! I hope none of them are hurt, it will be amazing if they were not as it was a VERY high speed impact, and WOW are we all lucky. Bob gets out of the truck to have a smoke as he waits for Danny, but he had not got that far yet as he had just pulled in..he would have been struck full force, our house and our neighbors place are ok thankfully!1 NOw we just have to wait for daylight to take pictures and deal with the insurance. Bob will be ok...he got knocked around pretty good as he had just taken off his seatbelt to get out when he was hit on the drivers side. He has just shown up here nowback from the hospital as I write this and is limping pretty good so I better tend to him. He will stay here tonight as the vehicle is not safe. Hubby has just gone into work finally now that Bob's truck wreckage has been moved and the police are done their investigation.

It is 2 am now...Heidi and all you easterners will soon be up but I have to hit the sack and get a couple hours shut eye before Izzy gets up at 6 ugh!!!

OMG! OMG!

Here I am whining about some insolant teenagers and you had to deal with THAT! I hope they catch those people! If they live in your town and if your town isnt that big (is it?) it really wont be very hard to figure out who did it. I know they are in a heap of trouble but I wonder how they faired in the accident?

Here are ((((((HUGS)))))) to Bob to get better soon! And here is hoping it warms up where you are.

How do you feel about getting called back to work while you are on LTD?

Wow, you had quite the day, glad your friend is okay, really lucky he hadn't got out for his smoke, hope the insurance comany play nice, my dealings with them in Canada have been positive so I'll be hopeful for ya.

Sheesh, what a happening! SO happy to hear that every one is safe and sound even if bruised and sore. Hopefully they will be able to locate the culprit and that the insurance company dealw witht he issues swiftly.

You take it easy now!

Hugs

OMG Michelle...I am glad to hear that no one was seriously injured...cars, houses and fences can be repaired, but loss of a life is a real tragedy, so thankfully this "accident", while bad, wasn't terrible.....I don't understand people who do things like that and then run off and not take responsibility for what they have done....hope the idiots who caused the accident get caught...

OMG!!! Indeed!! What a truly awful chain of events! I'm so glad no one you care about was seriously injured..at least as best you can tell right now. I suspect your friend will be REALLY feeling his pain today.

And I hope your area can get the flooding under control so you won't have to evacuate, or have too much damage. The weather has been so weird everywhere this year!

I don't understand people who do things like that and then run off and not take responsibility for what they have done....hope the idiots who caused the accident get caught...

Lotsa reasons, I'll give yer a f'rinstance. DWI, if you've got a few under your belt already another could mean a lifetime loss of license, so leaving the scene of an accident, while serious, may have less implications than another DWI. By the time the dude gets caught they'll prolly be sober. Or if not, they can claim they were sober at the time of the collision, and got so nervous after that they had a few. Remember Canada loves to let off the bad guy. I lived there for 20 plus years. I've seen a lot worse.

Oh, Michelle ... what a pile-up of unfortunate events! Thank goodness there was no loss of life, but the stress of such a situation can still be debilitating. Hang in there! Spring will get here, and summer to follow ... and hopefully the river will behave. Sending prayers for the safety of everyone in your area. Hugs!

Sorry about your friend, your husbands foot, your fence and car. Glad noone was seriously injured. I hope they catch teh bad guys

Sounds like you've had a bad week. Hope it gets better.

Thanks everyone!!! Well I got 3 1/2 hours sleep and we are up and at it like any other day now. Toddlers are great for DEMANDING that lol!!!

Bob stayed the night and hubby and he are working to remove some parts from the truck to make it drivable. It is amazing that there is not much damage but makes us know that there HAS to be alot of damage to the other vehicle on the body. It just did not leave man parts behind but we did recover a few this am at the neighbors house. The house has just a graze and I mean just which is incredible. As the bad guys were spinning out over there they also missed the neighbors truck by about 2 inches.

The police have just left again and picked up some parts and got more photos. There were three young men in the vehicle. The one who got out was left behind by the other two when they took off. It is a reasonable small town here, about 5000 in town and 18000 surrounding. LOTS of logging roads and farmlands to hide a vehicle however.

No matter what, the only way now that there will be any charges is if they admit to it and turn themselves in. If the vehicle is found they can say it was stolen, adn then there is no proof of who was driving now either so yes they would get off.

Wow! I am so sorry to hear about such a rough night on top of everything else.

(((((HUGS))))

I hope Bob gets better and everything works out alright. There is just no way to know what other people are thinking when they do something like that. I hope they find out who it was.

Michelle - I am so sorry to hear all that's happened to you! My goodness! Makes all my little problems seem petty! Hope Bob recovers quickly and fully and I truly hope they catch the people from that car.

awe poor kid!

so glad it wasnt worse!

do take all your precautions with the evac!

never hurts to be prepared!

I do hope they catch the wack jobs who did this to yall!

positive energy comming your way!

nutti ;)

I'm so sorry to hear about all your unforunate events. Here's hoping you don't get flooded and that your friend is not to sore and that the insurance does you right.

Sending big <<<hugs>>> your way.

Well I now have the kid and his bud working on taking the fence down. Cheap labor ;)...we decided we would go forward as we need the yard safe for the puppy and little one with being on the river. We will submit expenses later, taking lots of pics.

The kids have hit a snag however and there is LOTS of groaning going on LOL....we have permafrost!!! The ground is frozen solid adn they seem to be having an adversion of using a shovel and pic axe with a little muscle behind it all LL I have told them......but you know mini teen men.....all the qualities of a typical man topped off wiht the I know the world attitude !!!

On the upside it is warm out finally!!! I am sitting on my deck in a t shirt and bare feet and can barely read the screen for all the sunshine. Might have to break out the sunscreen. What a difference from the -20 of yesterday and the day before!!! Bad for the river situation however.......still frozen and no movement..I can keep watch here while getting a little color on my pasty skin :yes:

Well we have most of the fecing out. It has been tough going as the permafrost has made digging really difficult and the posts are all cemented in :S

We got a good tip though while we were at the Co-OP to get more fencing. A kid at the counter overheard us saying it was a hit and run and three kids. He pully hubby over and asked if it was a black car and told him that he thinks he knows who did it and is going to check out the car for damage. He told hubby he owes this kid no favors and will gladly rat him out. Now we wait for a phone call.........there is hope, and some good kids too!

OMG indeed! oh, Michelle! it is a wonder that nobody was more seriously hurt. glad you all are safe!!

that series of events is awful. i do hope that the jerks are identified, prosecuted and punished. :) anybody who's healthy enough to run away is healthy enough to stay put and try to help.

hey, since the river is still frozen, does that mean that you're still on recall? or have you been told that you can stand down?

i hope so, and that the fates are kinder to you and yours, right away!

am sending modest expectations for karmic justice, and cyberhugs to you all.