foxhall manor

I was all set to start building this house kit....last spring. Since then i have started many other projects which have been smaller, but still large projects. I decided to wait on the Foxhall until i had a few smaller completed houses under my belt...my choices have since then been much larger than i had originally planned. All of a sudden i have had the overwhelming urge this weekend to start my Foxhall. Now i can't, i have to complete about 9 of my current projects before i can start. Two projects are almost finished, so that is good.

I'm having such great ideas for my foxhall....this is a bummer. Something to work towards tho and it may keep me from starting any more projects until i can start that awesome house!

• Like 1

I know your feelings only too well. I have to do my Pierce before I can go my Garfield. I am putting things aside for the Gar though.....just next to the box in a box.

Today I did a few things for the Pierce which is good, but I didn't finish up the doll I'm working on, which is bad. Anyway laid a hardwood floor in my entranceway in the Pierce. Honey colored, and now I must varnish it. I also started laying flooring on the porch. And put a porch board around the outside, except by the stairs. I bricked the stairs - still have to paint and stucco. The base is mostly done. Have cut some wood for my fireplace to put on the andions. Boy was that hard to do! I had to find a tree - when you live in the forest you are very careful as to which tree you decide to cut down......sigh.... LOL

Doncha just hate it when people say stuff like that & then up & quit? OUT WITH IT, Marg! What sorts of ideas?

:thumb:

tiled floors, luxurious bathrooms, a modern beautiful kitchen, a music room, library....just picturing it all. I want to go dark with my interior colors!

I have the foxhall itself, the conservatory and two of the side additions...it's gonna be HUGE!!! but for this particular house, i couldn't leave out the music room or the library..or the sitting room....so having two extra rooms to work with helps me meet all of my room ideas.

I need to make drawings of my room layouts and decorating plans ;) i had originally planned on some sort of beige or light khaki color. not sure what to go with now, that is what most people do and i want to be different. i think it will be a light khaki tho for the exterior.

well i'd better head off to bed, gotta get up early for work....but i'll be dreaming of my interior design as i drift off to sleep!

• Like 1

I can't wait to see your Foxhall Manor, but then again, I can't wait to see your other 9 houses either. You have plenty to keep you busy!! Good luck getting it done. I always try to keep the ideas in my head and let them grow while waiting to start the project.

Atta girl, Marg, I knew you could come through! I love your ideas for it. Is that the one with the two-story foyer? If so, & you want contemporary, you might want to try something like this: post-8-1177295964_thumb.jpg

That almost-two story chandelier (by Chihuly) hangs from the secondfloor ceiling of the Columbus, IN, Visitor's Center and looks ab fab all lit up! The picture of his sculpture I took al the Milwaukee Museum of Art didn't come out.

• 2 weeks later...

great!! :whistle:

that means the first jacuzzi will be ready by Monday, and by the time summer solstice is here, the servants can decorate the gatekeeper's Lodge for the festivities!

• 2 weeks later...
great!! ;)

that means the first jacuzzi will be ready by Monday, and by the time summer solstice is here, the servants can decorate the gatekeeper's Lodge for the festivities!

lol...

Pictures are posted under my blog!!!!!!!!

Not sure how i will decorate this house yet. I did paint one of the front panels with the color that i thought about using, but it's not quite right, so next week i will go to Lowe's and find a better color!