McKinley

mysallyb

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have only done a few little things to the house lately. I did get the windows in the livingroon bay window done and installed and curatins made for that window. Then my printer broke, so I can not print out anymore windows. I will put a few pics up of what we have done in a few days.

Melissa

my roof is on as is. although I wanted an open attic area with a flat roof I just ran out of steam.

so mine is as the instructions call for!

my son has been here and I have found little time for miniatures.

I only hope I get this house done for Christmas eve.

nutti :)

I had changed mine just so that I could see and access the room much better. The picture is here:

post-4-1135013509_thumb.jpg

This is how it should be:

post-4-1135014069_thumb.jpg

I have since decided to change it even further though I have not done it yet. I have built 3 orchids and 2 Arthurs in the past 3 weeks for people and I have not had a moment to spend on my Mckinley. No painting just assembly so this was good but sad because I have not touched my Mckinley since last month ;)

Also cecause I had more time, I made my secret pal a different item than I had started with :p .

I hope to get back on it next week :)

yes that is how I wanted to do it.

but I am not unhappy with the roof I have decided to put a flat peice for reindeer

landings. and my M&M train.

I know what you mean about the building Tracy! I figured you had been real busy lately.

Im going to have a long session on mine and see if I can get it together enough for display next Sat.

big hugzzz

YIPPEE!!! I showed Jimmy Tracy's picture (thanks again Tracy!) and he's now modifying the roof. Funny thing is---ready?---he's modifying it EXACTLY the way that I wanted it done! Which is raising the roofline a hair! I hadn't the heart to ask him to do it, because he's been so busy, but he started doing it exactly the way I really wanted it done!

YIPPPPEEEEE!!!!!

Pictures will come soon.

take lots of photos of the modification steps for those who may be interrested!

and me! I like the open attic MUCH better than the way it looks on the box :) and the flat part of the roof could double as a rooftop garden (told you I was thinking 'way over the top on this one)

LOVE IT!

ohhh how I wished I would have waited to see it done! I knew how I wanted it but Im so pitiful when it comes to modifying stuff like this.

but Im learning with each house.

thanks for all the tips and hints!!

Thanks Ruby! I thought it absolutely amazing that he actually did it the way that I wanted it done, without me saying anything. I showed him the picture of the roof that Tracy modified, and he said OK, and then went and started working on it. I came into the room a bit later and saw what he had done, and I was thrilled! It's amazing how we transmit things to each other, LOL!

If I ever get that far with mine, I will definitely refer to your pictures. :o

Did y'all have much trouble with warping? No kidding, but every major piece but one is seriously warped. I had to stop working on it because I wanted to stomp the poor house into splinters. :D

... but, we don't prime anything before putting it together.

Linda, maybe this is why I don't experiance warping like everyone else too. I never prime anything until the house is mostly assembled. You all are doing a wonderful job though.

my attic floor came out of the box warped.

the staining and priming helped it a small amount

but it was the water painted on both sides and layed flat on the floor with heavy objects for 2 days that allowed me to put it in the house.

I dunno how wood in a flat box gets warped but it happens.

as a builder we must press on and not let it stop us!

nutti :D

I'm thinking that something might have happened in shipping, except that the box looked perfect upon arrival, so I don't know :D . I'll make it work once I regain my patience for that sort of thing :( . That's why I am playing with the Primrose...low stress. :o

Ah well. Come to think of it, hubby did say some of the boards on the Glencroft were warped. He just glued the begeezus out of them and supertaped them and clamped them in many different ways, and there was one area that was warped on the Arthur but when he put the roof on, it straightened it out.