Chat Night

Hi Tracy! So for Sunday night we need to be at the point where the fireplace is together, right? :o You mentioned posting the paperclay steps . . . I don't see them here though. Is that what we'll be doing on Sunday and do we need to do anything ahead of time with the paperclay? :D

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, you will need to have the fireplace finished up to the point of where it shows in the tutorial here.

I think we'll do the paper clay together cause that is the part everyone is intemidated with :o .

Please have your paper clay & rolling pen and paint brush and popscicle stick (Think I spelled it wrong again ;) ) ready.

:D

I can't wait! My back is pretty much on the mend, the craft room is "almost" cleaned out and I'm ready to get that Buttercup going! This will give me added incentive! :o

alas!! ;)

I will be scaring grownups and making boys cry

I cannot be there

but I will be thinking of yall!

I hope they all turn out great and I want photos of each!!

lol

nutti :o

walls are going up as I type!

:D

I added a poll because I forgot this is Haunt your neighbor week!

I have received 4 emails 3 of them are from ones who will be celebrating this weekend. I would like to have a nice amount of folks online (it makes it more fun and then it helps later on cause if there are questions, they can be answered right away).

PLEASE Vote!!

Tracy

Thanks Tracey for the trim info. I have it assembled, but I might make another one smaller and easier to finish sunday night. I might set this aside for another house with taller walls, like a dungeon or great hall roombox or something. I stash stuff constantly!

Hey, could we do this fireplace if we made a corner fireplace out of this stuff, just measure the corners and all? I was wondering how to make a corner fireplace, and thought it might be cool! Maybe a corner fireplace with paperclay next??? :o You've got my creative juices flowing! :D

I was playing around in the chat room by myself last night and figured out how to copy the chat dialog into a word document, so I could keep the instructions for later use (it's awful when the mind is the first to go!) I hope to be there Sunday night

Peggi

I didn't make a corner fireplace(CHris has been in the garage studio cleaning! :blink: ) and did something with those huge pieces of pink insulation foam I was using. :o So I used a scrap I found and made a smaller dimensioned fireplace, regular. I am afraid my corner fireplace will have to wait for another structure! Or when I can find the foam and what he did with it-- :( whichever comes first! ;)

Peggi, that's great that you figured out how to save the instructions in word--did you copy & paste?

Lisa, You have to have word open then use the clipboard from the chat icons to highlight then yes copy and paste, but if you copy and then try to open word it won't paste.

Peggi

Lisa, the corner one would be so easy to do and looking at your houses, I know the steps I am teaching tomorrow will be basic to you. You already do stone and bricks. I will see if I can get some time to create a little how to make the corner one, but I am sure you can do this :( .

I had to recreate this fireplace and I almost lost the pictures AGAIN LOL.

Hubby keeps playing on my computer :blink: ;) :o Ya gotta love them though.

I see. That makes sense to open word first.....then copy paste.

Yes, Tracey, I have been sculpting bricks and stones, I still need practice. Mine aren't as artistic as yours! :blink: I love the stone work you did on the Glencroft, and the haunted house. One of the tips I learned from Tori West in her how to's was using paper overtop of the paperclay, and embossing the pattern, which really works. I was working on a 1/4 inch tree sculpture today, like a little mouse home, and using paper over the paperclay really helps. Was thinking of doing this on the fireplace. One thing I would like to master is herringbone brick. I love the way this haphazarrd pattern in brick turns out.

wwwaaaaaaaaa ;)

I am in definate need of the waaaaa-mbulance

I cant be here!

will someone plzz take pity on the poor nutti thing and save the instructions for me?

while you are inside chatting with friends and making a wonderful fireplace I will be out in the cold...possible rain keeping crowd control and letting lil treaters in for their tricks!

plzz think of me.

wwwwwwaaaaaaaa :o :(

lol

nutti :blink:

Nutti, I'll be thinking of you having all that fun with the little trick-or-treaters! Wish I could be there to be scared by you!! :blink:

Have so much fun . . . Halloween only comes once a year!

• 3 years later...

How do you folks always know just when I need a tutorial on something? lol I am sitting here looking at mine and trying to get up the nerve to start.

I didn't know there was a chat room on this site. I learn something everyday!

Question about cutting foamboard which I plan to use for the back of my fireplace. How do you cut it evenly on the sides? I have wasted more pieces cutting with my exacto and everytime it comes out slanted. Maybe its me I am naturally lopsided. :ohyeah:

OOPS I think I put this in the wrong thread. sorry