The Day from HELL...............

Shelly N

Just going to vent a little to de stress from the day from hell here ...hope that is ok with everyone....I don't want pity! Just to give a little background first....We are raising two grandchildren ages now 4 and 7. We have had them for 2 1/2 years. Prior to that we had had them for around 9 monthes before the baby was a year old. She turned 1 in my arms...ok the day from hell started around 10:30 am....

1. Get a phone call from my local police department stating that the children's mom has denied all accusations of sexual molestation, she actually tried to pin it on one of my family members. Probably won't be any charges filed against her BUT the good thing is that she is in the DHS computer system here (colorado) as a sexual molester.

2. I was driving my grandson to the psychiatrist! They say let's see if the behavior levels out before more meds. He is already on a anit seizure medication because he has abscence seizures which the nuerologist believes are caused from Meth use of mom while pregnant. Hence he also has to be on a adhd medication.....so no new meds for him but the poor kid is unhappy most of the time. He has also been sexually molested not only by MOM (his words) and her two younger brothers when they were teenagers!

3. I got a phone call from the kids father (my son) bailbonds lady, she told me dad was in jail, But today found out that it was a mistake on the police department. So he is out of jail. BUT, he told me the other day that he and his current girlfriend are pregnant. So we are mentally preparing ourselves to raise yet another baby! This girl is not the grandkids mom that we have with us it is another girlfriend BUT they both still use occasionally....HELLO! DUh....

AND this is the end of my day! My hubby was brushing a yearling last night the horse got upset and threw his head, Hubby's forehead got in the way and well blood was spraying out ....We spent the whole evening in ER getting around 36 stitches. He is OK, just looks a little like frankenstein. Did not get home until 11 pm, of course, with the day I had I did not get to bed right away needed to unwind......

So, how was your day?

sorry to here you are going through all this Shelly.....sometimes life throws things at us unexpected.....will keep you in my thoughts and prayers......

Sorry to hear about your day. It is a great thing that your grandkids have you in their lives. What a sad shame their parents are messed up people. Hope that you day is going better today.

You poor thing god bless you for caring for the babies. It is hard. I am sure. My sister is a neonatal nurse and she sees lots of drug addicted babies so sad. But, thank goodness for you! You will be truly rewarded some day and I am sure your loving grandchildren reward you everyday with a hug or kiss. I hope that you can find a bright spot some where in your day. Sometimes just standing in the sun helps. It is a small reminder of life. Cheers me up. Hope you feel better

Shelly -

You've got a lot on your plate. Do you and your husband get any help with the children (by that I mean other family members who will babysit).

Here's some hugs. Those children are very blessed to have you in their lives.

-Susanne

Thank you all ....I really was just venting not wanting sympathy or pity. It was just one day Thank Goodness, today is a better day I have sold lots of my hair ornaments! Yeah.....

Susanne! When we ask they help us out.

Shelly -

Please vent anytime. Real-life can be very stressful at times. I also know that grandchildren have a very special place in our hearts. I love my 2 granddaughters dearly.

-Susanne

wow :) you do have your plate full.

your grandkids are very lucky to have you and your husband. :blush:

dont days where it all goes to crap suck?

but if we didnt have those days...than the lovely ones may be taken for granted.

BIG HUGGZZ from me!

I hope it all works out in the GK favor!

and you vent all you want! thats why this part of the forum is here!

nutti :)

How wonderful of you to give those children a secure home. And with animals. I hope your bad day turns into a wonderful week. Do the kids ride yet? Hopefully your son and his girlfriend will either get cleaned up or put their child up for adoption. Kick him in the shin once for me. I have my own opinions on drugs....

Shelly, I hope today brings you a little more joy. It is wonderful that you and your hubby are taking care of the grandbabies. Children need love and security more than anything else and it sounds like they have it with you.

Wow Shelly...you weren't kidding about a day from hell...Take a deep breath and go ahead and pat yourself on the back for taking in the Grandkids....You deserve it...to them, you are an angel...Hope that things get better and Stay better really soon for all of you..Sending hugs your way...

No pity here..Just alot of praise. Not many children are fortunate enough to have a loving home to go to in their hours of need and the biggest plus is they have their grandparents who are doing it!

No vents here today. Just the regular ole garden variety teenage stuff here. And my computer keys are sticky! I would LOVE to know what that is all about.

Thank heavens that days are ONLY 24 hours long, although the other day I was not sure the day would ever end! Thanks again to all of you who read and thought about me to write in...

my grandparents raised me, and i have to say that you are a blessing in these children's lives. they will realize it when they are adults and raising their own kids. as i am now pregnant with my second child, and happily married, i realize that my grandparents are the best people in my life. i wouldn't be here without them. you are doing a wonderful thing...thank god for people like you.

Thank heavens that days are ONLY 24 hours long, although the other day I was not sure the day would ever end!

Well that is so true!!!! The kids are so very lucky to have you, both generations of 'em! You vent all you need, as htey say a burden shared halvens and a joy fille doccassion doubles...

Hugs

Okay I want to vent out a lil steam...

Tomorrow is Mother`s Day.

In my history of my life you always...always did something for your Mother on Her day. It is the only day she gets..(cause every other day is kids day!). Even if you were mad at her you still did something.

I have found out that my family has forgotten about it, and doesnt have any plans to rectify the situation. Dh has to work this weekend. He never took Nat out to get anything and cant do it today (he has to go in early). Chelsea is an adult and has money but hasnt done anything. I know this because they said it is so hard to get me anything. They dont know what I want...hmmm I guess they are blind to the dollhouses, garden, and cooking stuff.

I am having a lil pity party but I feel like swimming in it right now.

What torturous deeds can I inflict on these ungrateful creatures (hubby included..i dont want to hear that I aint his mother!) who have decided to take away my one day of Queendom?

What torturous deeds can I inflict on these ungrateful creatures (hubby included..i dont want to hear that I aint his mother!) who have decided to take away my one day of Queendom?

Ignore them on their "special" days...let them know, you reap what you sow... but...don't give up yet...they may just be pretending to have forgotten...they may surprise you (there's always hope!)

Heidi, I hope Irene's right and they're planning a surprise for you. But if not, why don't you just take the day to do what you want to do, go where you want to go, eat what (and when) you want to eat, and let them fend for themselves? Everybody deserves a "me" day once in a while, and what better day to have it than Mother's Day (read Mother's Day Off )?

Irene, thank you for the glint of hope but they are not good at hiding stuff and I am extra nosy...LOL

No, this has happened before.(2 times in fact) Even a $5 bunch of 7-11 flowers would make my day (the thought at least counts).

I could be evil :ohyeah: and ignore Fathers day and their graduation days or birthdays, but I am not that kind of person. I just cant inflict the same kind of disappointment on them..even though they would know how this makes me feel.

I think I will just let them feel guilt-ridden for the entire day tomorrow. Please pray (PRAY!) that none of them asks me what is for dinner on sunday!

I think I will just let them feel guilt-ridden for the entire day tomorrow. Please pray (PRAY!) that none of them asks me what is for dinner on sunday!

If they do, tell them it's a YOYO day ... You're On Your Own. They'll figure out something. And if they don't, nobody's ever starved to death missing one or two meals.