Duracraft Farmhouse 505

LynnieEP

I think I've been talked into tackling the Farmhouse 505 instead of selling it. I have never built a dollhouse before and don't want to mess it up. Is it best to do everything in the order of the instructions or did you do somethings in a different order (such as painting, etc.). When should I do the electrical? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Leila

I pretty much followed the instructions so I will just tell you some things I would have don differently. Instead of using the splices to hold the floor pieces together I would buy 1/8" plywood for the entire floor surface. Firstly you won't have those pieces sticking out like a sore thumb and it will give the floor much more stability and facilitates wiring. I would also glue 1/8" plywood to all the insides of the outer walls again for better stability and also to facilitate wiring and putting in plugs and fixtures. I also used 1/4" plywood for the first and second floor room partitions. Make sure the wall pieces fit all the way into the wall and corner posts when gluing them in.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...