A New Dog!!

bmatson

Betty -

I never tire of animal stories. But it does sound like Zendo has adopted you. It doesn't sound like they abuse him, but obviously they're not giving him the attention that he needs. Now that he's found a second family, I think you'll be seeing a lot of him.

If adopting him isn't an option, perhaps you could just make him welcome whenever he visits. As I mentioned in an earlier post in this thread, I've got a ginger-coloured neutered (by me) tom cat that visits most days ... has done for about 9 years now. I just accept that "Ginger" (my name - have no idea where he lives or what his real name is) is a friend of our family and welcome here whenever he chooses.

-Susanne

Donna, you grandbaby is adorable. I do love springer spaniels (probably why I had 3 - alas now there are only 2)

I would love to share a kitty with a neighbor. All the love and none of the vet bills!!! But it seems that all that wanders in are tree frogs...

hey, WHEN are people going to begin posting CUTENESS WARNINGS ???!!!!

that puppy Jake is the cutest!! :yes:

it sounds as though Zendo's people are a tad goofy, but harmless if they'll just pay better attention to the guy and his safety.

and Zendo, you should please pardon the expression, is a lucky dog. i think susanne's right, and your household has expanded. sorta.

betty, maybe since Zendo gets on well with your family, the visits might be OK? years ago we used to have a visitor kitty. we didn't have resident animals b/c i was too allergic back then, but i loved the visits ....

zen do pho to zen do pho to zen do pho to zen do pho to zen do pho to zen do pho to

.... a mantra for the new millenium!

That puppy is incredibly adorable!!!! There oughta be a law against bein' so cute!!!!!!!

Zendo sounds a little bit like a cat I used to have, who was just very friendly and curious and loved visiting everyone. But it sounds like the owners need to fix their fence or something. You said the owners were out of town? How could they leave him alone in the yard for a whole weekend? That doesn't seem right.

Sounds to me that Zendo needs playmates.

Maybe you could offer to keep Zendo during the day while no one is at his home with him. That way he would have 2 dog friends to play with all day and plenty of attention from humans. They could come get him in the afternoon and he might actually stay at home to sleep. Of course he would probably just want to stay all the time so he could play all day every day.

My dog Toby wandered up last June. A week or so after he showed up his previous owners walked by and spoke with me about him. They told me they had just moved to a house up the road and weren't allowed to have pets so a friend the next street over was keeping him but he kept getting out. They thought that animal control had picked him up but they were glad someone was taking care of him. Before the guy left he bent down to pet Toby and he just coward on the ground like he was waiting for the guy to beat him. I knew he had been abused at that point. The Guy told me that he was going to bring his wife by to see him but we haven't heard from them since.

He is the sweetest thing loves to play ball all day long. My cat (that wandered up 3 years ago this June) has even learned to like him.

Well I sure have enjoyed hearing about your pet stories and seeing your photos. And no, I do not have a photo of Zendo. I have not seen him since my last post a few days ago. And when he was here earlier, well, not only did my camera conveniently not have any batteries (DH??), but I jsut had way too much going on to snap a picture of him. I only remembered to do it after he was gone!! Oh well. Maybe one day I'll see him again and I'll snap a picture of him. Just for you!!!