5/22/07 Your Most Exciting creation

This may sound silly, but my most exciting miniature creation was the working lamps. I have always been terrified of electricity and never wanted lighting in my houses. Now, here's me, making lamps that actually work. It simply amazes me.

Although I get a thrill whenever anything I am working on is finished...the thing that thrilled me the most was the block glass wall in the bathroom of my orchid! It turned out exactly as I had imaged it...

Bashing the Haunted House with the Laurel. It's so gratifying to develop an idea to create something that is your own, and then actually be able to make it happen.

hmm thats a tough one.. probably finishing my willowcrest. and my heart abor *tunnel of love* that i made for the contest. It sits proudly on my desk :wave:

I have to go with whatever im working on at the moment...especially if its something coming completely from me.

The Haunted house, the trailer, and my lil 1/144th scale houses have to rank right up there.

what a good question!

nutti :wave:

I get excited about whatever I'm working on at the moment (as y'all may have noticed with the way I go flipping thru here turning cartwheels and yelling at the top of my lungs about how much fun I'm having). There are a lot of individual techniques that I get excited about doing, like the fake fur thatching. But I think the overall project that I found most exciting was the Faerie Cottage I made from an Aster. Almost everything about that house was a new technique for me at the time and I still get all fired up when I think about it. Running a *very* close second to that house is my Samurai's summer house. I did so much bashing on that one that it was a real kick. The Glencroft makes the top of the list just because I was so delighted with the woodwork on that one.

Deb

Mine is doing the Fairfield in paperclay. It was my first attempt at using it. Now that Jimmy Cullen showed me how to do the shingles, its going to look fantastic.

WRONG! It's looking fantastic now :lol:

Wow! Your fist attempt at paperclay & it looks just great - well done.

My most exciting creation, to date, must be my Italian Courtyard.

Jackie

What was your most exciting minature Creation?
I get excited about whatever I'm working on at the moment
That's me, too, but the FIRST time one of my miniature creations excited me (because of the "WOW" reaction it elicited from DH) was the Victorian bathroom suite I made out of "table trash", blister packaging and broken jewelry bits. Since then everything I cobble together that way gets that reaction...

Anything that I create that can be recognized for what I planned it to be. LOL

Like others I get excited (or is it nervous) whenever I start a new project. But right now I'd really have to go with the White Orchid--just about everything in it was made by either me or DH--the furniture kits, the homemade round shower--the tiny bunk beds and the tree.

Any idea that comes to life, whether it be the house, or the furnishings, or the landscaping.

Do my three children count? Because of all the things I have had a hand in they are the best. Now,if they would just stay in the dollhouse!!!LOL!!! :lol: :please:

I know that this was real childish of me but I couldn't help myself.Hehehehe.

Edited by sunshines_minis

What was your most exciting minature Creation?

I'd have to say my roombox in memory of my cousin who was killed in an AWACS plane crash in Alaska.

Pics can be viewed in my webshots in the album- Steve's room

http://community.webshots.com/user/ac4lb

This was a gift to my aunt and she treasures it. It gave her great comfort. The doll was commissioned from Darlene

Mobley and she really did a great job of capturing my cousin from a picture I sent her. All the things in the roombox were

made by me other than the piano, dog, doll, cup on the table and the bike out the window. The room to the right is paper toled

and very effectively gives the look of 3 dimensions. I won a blue ribbon when I entered it at the fair a couple years ago. I've since

changed several things in the box, after the competition was over lol. Cleaning it up, changing out the bonsai as they had improved

over the years since I made the box. I also did some maintenance on it before giving it back to her. My abilities had grown since making

the room. I had not been into doing minis for very long when I did that one.

It took me about a year to complete and input from many family members as to what should

be included in the box. My aunt was none the wiser until it was done and upon walking into the room and seeing it she immediately

burst into tears and just kept saying I can't believe you did this for me.

I think my second most favorite mini creation was my very first wall hanging roombox I did. You can see that in webshots in the roomboxes and mini

album. It's I think on the second page and is my general store. I had so much fun doing that. Again I made most things in there although there are a few

things that were totebag gifts from my club.

Hugs,

Kathy