5/24/07 Miniatures & Family

Mike says there is one in Smithfield, UT, but he doesn't know the name. My DH is a truck driver and sometimes goes thru there, when leaving Idaho. We live in Pocatello.

No way! I am right by Smithfield! OH, I am so excited. I will have to look into that. If you find any more info let me know.

Not alone at all! My father built three of my first dollhouses when I was a tot -- I still have two of them. My parents have more houses than I do (and more space for them).

The husband helps when I demand help, but he's more into wargaming miniatures. Occasionally I swipe his 1:144 tanks as toys for my 1:12 houses.

My brother (42 years old) has been building a miniature medieval trebuchet in order to hurl eggs at unsuspecting neighborhood serfs and has recruited my help during the process. He says it is for the enjoyment of his 7 year old son but admits he is having a great time building and designing it. He keeps telling me how precise you must be when working small. :groucho: :unsure: And I keep pointing to the townhouse.

• 4 weeks later...

I think that my husband is interested in what I do and respects my work as an art form but has no idea why I like miniatures. Mind you I cannot understand his obsession with David Hasselhoff and Dirk Benedict so he has no room to talk when it comes to weird obsessions

I think that my husband is interested in what I do and respects my work as an art form but has no idea why I like miniatures. Mind you I cannot understand his obsession with David Hasselhoff and Dirk Benedict so he has no room to talk when it comes to weird obsessions
:lol: that's too funny. I must say though that David is kinda hot ;)

My brother (42 years old) has been building a miniature medieval trebuchet in order to hurl eggs at unsuspecting neighborhood serfs
One of my favorite TV shows this year has been "Little People, Big World" and I nearly hurt myself laughing at you comment because in one of the episodes Matt Roloff grew a bumper crop of pumpkins and he staged a pumpking festival to recruit customers to come out to his farm, offering them tractor rides and he & one of his friends built a BIG trebuchet to hurl the pumpkins that weren't perfect to sell.

All my kids are crafty and the married ones do lots of DYI and decorating. Two of my kids (well, adults really!) will sit and work on a house with me while we visit. My 20 year old, the most casual and easy going of my boys makes light fixtures and chandeliers that he sells to shops. He wires dollhouse for people who are not confident enough. He also make wallets out of duct tape He earned enough of to finance his 5 week trip to South America in about 4 months, but he really "hauled butt".