Working on my Beacon

justmesue

Got 4 pieces of the mansard roof on. Only one ceiling left to paint. Then I dread tackling the exterior! There seems to be many more little parts to windows, porch and doors, Yuk!

That's gonna take forever! I want to play now!!!! I'm just so impatient! And so is Master BH- HE wants, wants wants, taking up every second of my time and thoughts!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't feel bad. My Beacon has been in limbo for 5 months now. Absolutely nothing has been done. Now I'm dropping back to working part-time, so hopefully that puppy will have a roof soon. And hopefully I'll get to work on that Primrose for my son. And maybe I'll buy that Glencroft I've been drooling over.......

I agree with all of you about building the Beacon Hill, especially with work and the kids, etc... But it is so worth it when it's finished! And how much you learn putting it together! I learned about woodworking skills (I am much more appreciative of miniature furniture makers now!) and electrician skills. All those tiny brads putting in the tape wire! And how I thought I could short cut the priming and just stick wallpaper to the walls. (I covered all the bubbles with pictures.) It took me 2.5 years and I am still working on it! Mainly just decorating now, and making furniture for it. (And curtains, and bedding, and carpets!) But I love looking at it in my living room, and seeing the sun set through the windows. I thought I'd never get those stairs in too. But I jammed them in there and they'll never come out. Just don't get discouraged and keep at it!

-LizB

The love affair continues, even though I have a very nasty little blister, which became infected, 'cause I failed to realize I had the tiniest sliver in my finger! Still the saga, lingers on. Here's the latest pic.

Boy oh boy Suzanne!!!!!

It is looking sooo sweeet! Thank you for porsting your pictures. It helps me to visualize what mine will look like at the end of the month.

Sorry about your finger. Those darn tiny splinters!

Bec

Thank You for saying you love my colors. My 2 kids, the 13, and 11 yrs old dared me to be different and stray away from my usual safe in white, interior. I'm glad they did!

I didn't have room for a front progress pic earlier, but it says I have the space now.

WOW! I love your colors, and it's coming along so nicely! Thanks for sharing and inspiring me to get my room set up to get my tookus back to work!

Nice! It's looking great. What color is the main part of the house going to be?

You are really moving right along. My Beacon is at about the same stage as yours..I too think about it all the time and work on it every moment I can. Hope to do more today. Look forward to seeing more of your progress.

The main body of the house is going to be a peach color. The final decision has been made, after 4 people spent 2 daysd staring at it. 3 out of 4 of us came to the same conclusion. Master BH has spoken! LOL The paint we bought is called "PEACH MEDLEY". It will match well with the black rooftops, ans acorn and nutmeg trims. At this point in time he has his bay windows, and little bay roofs in place. As soon as he dries we are headed out doors, for a decent sanding. I"m not sure yet if he will want siding or shingles. I really like the black roofs. I guess it will depend on how smooth I can get it to be. Maybe just sidding, no shingles. I must wait till he speaks again. LOL

hi mom,

Master BH is looking awesome! You are doing a great job and it's taking you much less time than I had anticipated. Wow it looks really sharp! Thanks for posting your progress, the end product will certainly be amazing. Keep up the good work and don't lose courage, you are doing excellent!

I've finally been successful in assembling the tower roof! Oh my, what a feat that was! A battle of wills, I'd say! lol No matter, how square and level everything was, it was like those roof pieces were made for another house. The panels were too short, for the truss assembly, the slots were almost a half inch out, and it required a bit of bashing to get together! It took a full tube of wood filler to hide the gaps, at the bottom of the base, that were inevitable as it just wasn't working. The roof support refused to line up with the tower! This was the biggest fight yet since the stairs! The rest of the house assembled with relative ease. I've also got the main body painted, and the next step I beleive are the trim peices. Then windows and doors. It's coming alone, but still slow! And yes, I will be posting pics very soon! Can't wait to show it all off. It's my sons birthday tommorrow, so we will be going out on Saturday, to shop 'till we drop. I won't have time to do much more until Sunday.

And yes, I will be posting pics very soon! Can't wait to show it all off.

Well arent you just the tease??

do we really have to wait till Sat to see the photos???

well if we must wait...I guess we will accept it(mutter...mutter)

nutti :wave: :w00t: :giggle:

we are pretty in Peach!
No, we're not. We are drop-dead GORGOEOUS in peach! and know it. The combination with the roof color on my monitor brings back memories of my highschool days in the late '50s, wearing charcoal-gray and peachy pink,