Working on my Beacon

justmesue

I an now working on the BH windows. My question is" Has anyone ever left the kitchen bay interior window shelf off?" I would like the added space for cupboards. Does that shelf do anything, but take up valuable kitchen space? Thanks for your replies in advance.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did it! I altered the kitchen bay window, to leave off the interior shelf. I pulled the exterior sill out further, filled in the large tab holes with wood filler,(want to build a window box for there later) and kept the interior area flush! It worked, and now I can fit an 8 piece kitchen set in, tight against the window for optimal spacing of what would have been a very small kitchen! Pics of BH with all his windows coming soon to a post near you LOL

Your BH is coming along just great. Your absolutely right, 40 hours just isnt going to cut it...lol I dont work outside the home and I dont have kids and it still took me a whole month to put my Beacon together. I was working on it almost the whole day, everyday. Those stairs were something else! But the bays werent any easier and then those dormer windows! It was well worth it though and now that I have an experience with the first one, Im hoping my second will be much easier.

I'm looking forward to seeing the kitchen bay - your BH is coming on really well.

It's a good job I like a challenge with all these comments about roofs, staircases, bays etc being hard to fit, as my BH is still in its box. :D

Nice work, Suzanne.

Jackie

My next hurdle will be painting 200 pieces of teeny, tiny trim parts. I'm dreading it, as it seems to be taking longer to glue 3 of these little critters together, than it did the larger parts. They aren't fighting me, but I'm surely finding the task tidious, and time consuming! I intend to paint the trims in peace like the main body, for some contrast. I hope it will look O.K. It will likely be a few days before there's enough on him for a photo. BH has been moved to his final destination in my bedroom, and much to my DH'S delight, IS OFF THE KITCHEN TABLE!! LOL